ADVERTISEMENT

Yant is going to be a load to bring down

Add Thompkins to the list of RBs. He looked good today too. Sounds like it's kind of a hot and cold kind of deal with him in practice. I don't know if he's completely confident in his knees yet but he looked that way today.

Reactions: ADV1
If we give Yant 30 carries a game we might win a couple. Team looks incredibly sloppy.

They need to plan on running a LOT
14 Practices with a mish mosh of guys subbing in and out will make you look very sloppy. We took a look at a LOT of young players today. That's why you want to at least have one cupcake to start the year on your schedule and preferrably 2.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Yant doesn't look like he can go 30 carries a game.
Jerome Bettis says hello. Yant only needs to be able to pack it 10 times on short yardage plays. On the other hand can you imagine trying to tackle that 30 times a game. He would inflict some pain.

Jerome Bettis says hello. Yant only needs to be able to pack it 10 times on short yardage plays. On the other hand can you imagine trying to tackle that 30 times a game. He would inflict some pain.
Did you see him on the sideline after he ran it three or four times in a row? I like Yant. But he’s not running it 30 times a game. Which is fine. We can spread the love.

Did you see him on the sideline after he ran it three or four times in a row? I like Yant. But he’s not running it 30 times a game. Which is fine. We can spread the love.
it was well over 90 degrees on the turf today. I would guess it was pushing 100 down there. That's tough on a fat guys.

Reactions: superman787
just rewatched his TD run which followed carrying guys for 10 yards on a previous play against some guys who played a lot of D for us last year. Let him do that 10-12 plays per game and then throw a play action pass down the middle when the safeties start cheating.

Held wants him 10 pounds slimmer, I’m not so sure.
10 pounds lighter isn't going to make him any more effective running the outside zone. He's a tough inside runner. That is who he is. He is a hammer and frankly, we need that kind of back. Ask Yant to lose weight and you're basically taking away his best chance to find a role with this team.

10 pounds lighter isn't going to make him any more effective running the outside zone. He's a tough inside runner. That is who he is. He is a hammer and frankly, we need that kind of back. Ask Yant to lose weight and you're basically taking away his best chance to find a role with this team.
I think Held is talking about 245-10. Yant will still be a load at 235.

If we give Yant 30 carries a game we might win a couple. Team looks incredibly sloppy.

They need to plan on running a LOT this fall.r

I was thinking Yant could be the kind of back Wisconsin, Iowa, NW, PSU tend to run against us. Just strait ahead and let the back and the line push the pile. I'm OK with 10 pounds lighter as it looked like he ran out of gas.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT