ADVERTISEMENT

Yant gone

If he had been really dedicated it would be a big loss but I just never saw too much dedication with him. He showed promise at times but never took advantage of the opportunities he got. Hope he finds a good place to finish college at.

Btw....I sat next to his parents at the OU game. Let me just say they were not happy about the situation, and that was before AJ got hurt.
No parents are ever happy with their son's "situation." Okay, that's an exaggeration. 96% of parents are not happy with their son's situation on sport's teams. It's "not playing enough" or "not getting the ball enough" or "bad play calling" or "favorite coach left" or "not getting paid enough".... you name it. Find the kid whose parents say "you're a freshman, work harder and put in your time and then be a star for 2 years and get drafted." Does that parent exist anymore?

Btw....I sat next to his parents at the OU game. Let me just say they were not happy about the situation, and that was before AJ got hurt.

which part of the situation, their son as the backup or frost fired or what? Seems like they were bringing him along at the right pace to me and if not for the injury, he prob would have become the #1 guy in the next couple of weeks.

Looks like they have some options
There isn't any need to get spun up about this. Both Hausmann and Butler would be in line for a lot of action next season. But if not them, I'm sure there will be some new kids of comparable talent.

There isn't any need to get spun up about this. Both Hausmann and Butler would be in line for a lot of action next season. But if not them, I'm sure there will be some new kids of comparable talent.
Disagree on Hausmann. The linebacker depth is absolutely ****ing terrible. And I mean terrible. Nobody is fast, nobody is big, nobody is good. We need 3 good linebackers from the portal and can not afford to lose Hausmann.

There are 3 other teams in the BIG with more portal kids than NU.

Gonna be a lot of carnage nationwide before this portal and the next recruiting and portal dates end.

Gonna be hard to have a ton of loyalty to any team going forward due to the constant moving in and out of schools.
According to what I read, Texas A & M has 22 kids in the portal already, they just haven't posted them on the portal site.

Disagree on Hausmann. The linebacker depth is absolutely ****ing terrible. And I mean terrible. Nobody is fast, nobody is big, nobody is good. We need 3 good linebackers from the portal and can not afford to lose Hausmann.
The odd man out will likely be Nick. A lack of speed will not play well in this new defensive scheme.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I will say that when Busch took over the backers did play faster. Probably because they weren't confused on every play like they were when Chinander was DC. He had more defensive plays than most NFL teams do.

Yeah, it is weird because Yant could have been great. He always seemed like he thought he was 180 pounds instead of 200 something. Would never pound into guys like he should have, and he never seemed to fall forward.
bad coaching.. he regressed from the prior season.. the new rb coach was aweful and all the backs got worse as the season went on.

bad coaching.. he regressed from the prior season.. the new rb coach was aweful and all the backs got worse as the season went on.
Interesting you think so? I guess if that is true it is something that most people missed since the OL run blocking wasn't great.

Interesting you think so? I guess if that is true it is something that most people missed since the OL run blocking wasn't great.
I do.. Rahmir was not reliable anymore, Grant got worse as the year went on.. he rarely broke out like he did in the beginning of the season. The line was also trash the year before, but we had better production than this year. I blame the coach since it affected more than one guy.

I do.. Rahmir was not reliable anymore, Grant got worse as the year went on.. he rarely broke out like he did in the beginning of the season. The line was also trash the year before, but we had better production than this year. I blame the coach since it affected more than one guy.
Hmm very interesting insight well hopefully that is true and fixed now.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
It was like this for 5 years under Frost. Every player got worse with coaching. Portal transfers were good for a year then sucked as our coaches taught them how to not do things

It was like this for 5 years under Frost. Every player got worse with coaching. Portal transfers were good for a year then sucked as our coaches taught them how to not do things
true, but I mean specifically the running back coach.. when i looked at the averages for all the running backs, they had gotten worse than the prior year. (this was week 8 or 9 when i last looked).

Exactly. Take a look at the portal LB's and see where Hausmann ranks.... hold my beer. I like Hausmann and think he really improved as the year went along and has a bright future but it's not like he can't be replaced. We were used to seeing such terrible linebacker play that when someone actually had a pulse at the position it makes us value them more.

Just wait until Corey Campbell takes the team out to some remote, dusty ranch and has them do gassers for 3 hours and roll around on goat head infested ground.
So they won't be doing half-squats in an air-conditioned weight room?

true, but I mean specifically the running back coach.. when i looked at the averages for all the running backs, they had gotten worse than the prior year. (this was week 8 or 9 when i last looked).
Grant struggled the first couple games going north and south. Hot benched and figured it out for a while but returned to the last few games to jitterbuuggjn all over.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Reimer ran a sub 11 sec 100M in HS, plenty fast for a LB.
I think
Gifford is fast enough too. I don’t think Gifford and Henrich have elite backer speed but if they aren’t having to think they’re probably plenty fast.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Is @Yantzeee leaving too?? Lol
evil-laugh-icegif-17.gif

all yant had to do is be like cross and punch it across the goal line
I don't think he got very good coaching.. kid was used to hs ball where he could outrun people and break things outside. A good coach explains how things change as you move up, and he had the tools at least physically. Mentally, who knows.. sounds like he was a bit of a crybaby, but if he goes on and has success somewhere else, then that is cool. We've had a lot of talent the past 5 years that didn't see their potential with this past staff, so he was no exception.. a lot of names fizzled out under the Frost regime.

Reactions: Sigrun K sker
Here's to hoping there is an influx of good news coming soon so there is more to talk about than a 4th string position player hitting the portal. This thread is nearly 3 pages.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
ADVERTISEMENT