Illinois (4.5) - Under
Iowa (8) - Push
Minnesota (7.5) - Over
Nebraska (8.5) - Under
Northwestern (6) - Push
Purdue (7) - Under
Wisconsin (8.5) - Under
BEST BET: Illinois under 4.5

Thoughts? Doesn't look like they're predicting anyone comes out with over 8 wins.

That's pretty funny. I'd stay away from Illinois. They have a very friendly schedule and won't be as bad as last year.
I agree - Lovey has brought in a couple highly regarded WR transfers to juice their offense, both of their injured RBs return and the Illini defense should be improved. If Michigan grad transfer QB Brandon Peters is able to give their offense some stability, they could surprise a few teams this year.

I agree - Lovey has brought in a couple highly regarded WR transfers to juice their offense, both of their injured RBs return and the Illini defense should be improved. If Michigan grad transfer QB Brandon Peters is able to give their offense some stability, they could surprise a few teams this year.
They also have a couple of USC defensive transfers playing this year as well. One is a former 5 star DE and I can't remember the position of the other player. Roundtree is a player I'd take on our D line in a heartbeat as well. I'm not saying they will be a threat to win the division by any means, but five wins is very doable for them.

They also have a couple of USC defensive transfers playing this year as well. One is a former 5 star DE and I can't remember the position of the other player. Roundtree is a player I'd take on our D line in a heartbeat as well. I'm not saying they will be a threat to win the division by any means, but five wins is very doable for them.

Those guys might have some potential but none of them played much at all...if at all. Us Husker fans should know this right away...star ratings mean jack. We seen a number a 4 star and 5 star players that never played a down, let alone starting a full season. And pretty much ever player Illinois signed...was a hope and a prayer. I said something in a post a while back about Illinois taking so many transfers and none of them being proven or playing more then a few snaps in a game or two. Maybe it will work for them, maybe it won’t. But believe me...just because they had a high rating out of high school doesn’t mean they will be great.

Those guys might have some potential but none of them played much at all...if at all. Us Husker fans should know this right away...star ratings mean jack. We seen a number a 4 star and 5 star players that never played a down, let alone starting a full season. And pretty much ever player Illinois signed...was a hope and a prayer. I said something in a post a while back about Illinois taking so many transfers and none of them being proven or playing more then a few snaps in a game or two. Maybe it will work for them, maybe it won’t. But believe me...just because they had a high rating out of high school doesn’t mean they will be great.
And it doesn't mean they won't be quality B1G players either. We will see. I guess I'd rather take a chance on former five star croots from USC than I would on another untested player from a school not perennially in the top ten in recruiting rankings. Don't try to make it sound like I am proclaiming Illinois the next B1G champs because of a few transfers.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Have not seen Illini at -4.5 only at -3.5
I wish I had them at 3.5. By the time I could get a bet in, it was at 4. I took the over. I figure at the least I should push. I think they will be better than last year but not at the level of Iowa, NE, etc.

Minnesota also intrigues me. They have an easy schedule and I kind of regret not going over on them.

It’s crazy how level the West is going to be.

I wish I had them at 3.5. By the time I could get a bet in, it was at 4. I took the over. I figure at the least I should push. I think they will be better than last year but not at the level of Iowa, NE, etc.

Minnesota also intrigues me. They have an easy schedule and I kind of regret not going over on them.

For us it really comes down to how much the defense and special teams improve. There are some really good offenses in the west. Minnesota IMHO has the second best offense in the west.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
And it doesn't mean they won't be quality B1G players either. We will see. I guess I'd rather take a chance on former five star croots from USC than I would on another untested player from a school not perennially in the top ten in recruiting rankings. Don't try to make it sound like I am proclaiming Illinois the next B1G champs because of a few transfers.

No, i actually get it. I get what you mean. And in that case, I agree. I’d take my chances on a former 5 star from USC then some 2 star for Iowa ;)

Reactions: Sous Chef
For us it really comes down to how much the defense and special teams improve. There are some really good offenses in the west. Minnesota IMHO has the second best offense in the west.
Their run game is going to be really good. They have a stud WR back and a QB that has won some games. It will be interesting to see if their defense stays as good as it did at the end of the year.

NW is an interesting team as well. 6 seems attainable with that defense but damn, their schedule is tough.

Reactions: Sous Chef
Their run game is going to be really good. They have a stud WR back and a QB that has won some games. It will be interesting to see if their defense stays as good as it did at the end of the year.

NW is an interesting team as well. 6 seems attainable with that defense but damn, their schedule is tough.

Yep...will Minnesota defense continue or will it go back to its old self like they did against the Huskers and Illinois?? Minnesota is a hard one to guess. And its funny, it like they gave NW the Husker schedule from last year. Good luck to them.

Big Ten West
Illinois (4.5) - Under
Iowa (8) - Push
Minnesota (7.5) - Over
Nebraska (8.5) - Under
Northwestern (6) - Push
Purdue (7) - Under
Wisconsin (8.5) - Under

Thoughts? Doesn't look like they're predicting anyone comes out with over 8 wins.

That's pretty ridiculous.

They predict 4/7 West teams at 8 wins. Chances are MN, Iowa, Wisconsin and NU win their OOC games (maybe Iowa loses to ISU). So will all four go 4-5 in conference play or worse?

Reactions: Cornicator
Big Ten West
Illinois (4.5) - Under
Iowa (8) - Push
Minnesota (7.5) - Over
Nebraska (8.5) - Under
Northwestern (6) - Push
Purdue (7) - Under
Wisconsin (8.5) - Under

Bold move betting Purdue. I could make a case they win 5 or 9. Lol they are talented, I think better than last year, but when looking at the 2 deeps, maybe the youngest in the nation? I'm going 7 wins and a very bright future.

NW is the definition of the scrappy underdog just about every year. Fitz is in my view a top tier coach. What he does with the academic standards and shitty location is pretty amazing. I never count them out of the race before the season starts.

Haha.....yes, exactly! It's impossible for me to be objective with NU, but besides Nebraska I have no idea what the West is going to do. Except Illinois I haven't a clue.....it should be fun!

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Big Ten West
Illinois (4.5) - Under
Iowa (8) - Push
Minnesota (7.5) - Over
Nebraska (8.5) - Under
Northwestern (6) - Push
Purdue (7) - Under
Wisconsin (8.5) - Under

Every game on our schedule is winnable. ALL OF THEM! So as a self-proclaimed superfan, I am obligated to say we easily cover 8 wins!

Honestly I think we have a shot at 10 wins this season considering we should be bowl eligible and may even have a shot at the B1G Championship.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624

Roundtree sadly isn't playing football anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT