ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo Sports Pete Thamel predicting Leach to N

4 I'm done.
At least we'd get to see his wife.
BSjiPiICIAAGBf0.jpg:large

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
If Moos is really listening to fans around Nebraska for their thoughts on the program, there's no way he will hire Leach. The writer predicting this has no basis for his prediction other than Moos hired Leach at WSU.
If you seriously think his tour of the state should be key to his decision than he is seriously overpaid.

Why would any P5 school give Bielema another chance after he gets fired by Arkansas? That would be taking a big risk thinking he will revert to his Wisconsin self and not continue the downward spiral he is at with the Hogs.

Hey maybe that trip to Vegas is what killed Brett's coaching career. The wife has made him too fat and happy. When he was a lonely bachelor in Madison all he had to amuse himself late at night was game film. Now he has his trophy wife to play with.
He doesn't get to play with her.
She's hoping he files for divorce. Cha Ching, no more ogre

No idea why so many of you guys assume this is automatically “wrong” or “false news”. Why, because it’s not the answer you want to hear or hoped to hear? You know, we really might not get Frost, it is a strong possibility. And a guy like Leach or Kelly or someone else might just happen. I think Leach would have our offense dropping 60 on teams in a year or two with some of the weapons we have at WR and QB/s like Gebbia and OBrein coming up. My issue is, can he fix the defense? We have some major holes now and losing key peaces in recruiting as we speak But, with the coaching deal, that’s the exact reason why I’m not getting hopefully or hung up on any said coaches and taking a wait and see approach. There is no “For sure things” out there.

No idea why so many of you guys assume this is automatically “wrong” or “false news”. Why, because it’s not the answer you want to hear or hoped to hear? You know, we really might not get Frost, it is a strong possibility. And a guy like Leach or Kelly or someone else might just happen. I think Leach would have our offense dropping 60 on teams in a year or two with some of the weapons we have at WR and QB/s like Gebbia and OBrein coming up. My issue is, can he fix the defense? We have some major holes now and losing key peaces in recruiting as we speak But, with the coaching deal, that’s the exact reason why I’m not getting hopefully or hung up on any said coaches and taking a wait and see approach. There is no “For sure things” out there.
I'm not assuming it is fake news, I am assuming it is a guess just like the rest of us our doing. That is why I don't give a **** about this prediction or any other prediction.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I almost hope this happens just to watch some of you lose your damn minds. That being said, I'll be rooting for whomever is chosen to coach us next.
I almost share the idea of "I will root for whoever is our next HC statement" Bielema is the one I will not approve of... A man that thinks Arkansas is a better job than Wisconsin is a man that makes poor decisions. I don't want a coach that makes poor decisions!

Reactions: t7w0c1
According to Bruce Feldman, who is arguably the most connected guy in college football our targets could likely be the following

1) Scott Frost
2) Dan Mullen
3) Kevin Sumlin
4) Bret Bielima (Please God No)
5) Mike Leach
6) Dave Clawson (Wake Forest Head Coach)
7) Ken Niumatalolo
8) Craig Bohl
9) Jeff Monken (Army HC)

Of that group I could live with Sumlin or Mullen but God help us we need Frost.
Agree first three would be great, after that not so much. But let’s just get Frost.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I will lose my damn mind if it ends up being Leach. There would be no reason for me to believe that we could win a national championship with another tired retread coach.

To catch lightning in a bottle you have to hire a young hot name with a fresh approach. Energy is the key component in so many parts of building a program. Recruiting is a young man's game as well.

B.S.. he needs to shit or get off the pot. The offer is there. If he does not want it, he does not want to be here.
Exactly his team is undefeated right now and the CFP Committee has them 15. He's accomplished everything he can at that school. It's time for him to leave, hopefully he comes to DONU but if Chip picks UCLA like people are expecting I'm going to be real nervous he goes to Gainesville.

Maybe they are bringing Leach and Bielema in to meet the boosters so the boosters suddenly won’t have trouble cobbling together 9.5mil for Campbell’s buyout.

Reactions: headcard
No idea why so many of you guys assume this is automatically “wrong” or “false news”.

Because 99% of this stuff is made up garbage by some guy who doesn't know any more than the average Joe. After this season is over go back and see which rumors were true and which ones weren't, you'll probably have a tough time finding any that were true and the ones that were true were those who were winging it.

B.S.. he needs to shit or get off the pot. The offer is there. If he does not want it, he does not want to be here.
Wants to wait until after his regular season is complete. Hopefully that is Friday and not the following Saturday.

If Moos is really listening to fans around Nebraska for their thoughts on the program, there's no way he will hire Leach. The writer predicting this has no basis for his prediction other than Moos hired Leach at WSU.

Unless everyone turns him down or the buyout is too much. We are talking about a very small group of people here.

I will lose my damn mind if it ends up being Leach. There would be no reason for me to believe that we could win a national championship with another tired retread coach.

To catch lightning in a bottle you have to hire a young hot name with a fresh approach. Energy is the key component in so many parts of building a program. Recruiting is a young man's game as well.

Saban and Tom say hi.

Reactions: Sinomatic
If not Frost bring in Ken Niumatalolo, I love watching option football
For the life of me, I can't figure out why a B10 school has not hired a coach that runs this offense. When you get the right players and it is operating on all cylinders, the Navy option offense is a thing of beauty. And its very hard to defend, especially if the QB has an accurate arm. All you need is a QB to make 10-12 completions per game to keep the defense half honest.

A previous poster mentioned its deficiency in quick scores late in a game. That's true. If you have a defense which gives up scores easily you're probably going to be in trouble before too long. But that goes for any team. Besides, the Navy option is a ball control offense designed to run more plays per game than a pro-style offense. I'm not saying this offense would be a slam dunk winner in the B10 but it definitely could prosper with the right coach, the right players.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I know this is old news but I was told by people I consider credible that there is an agreement by Frost and Riley will be retained an a consultant for the program and yes I was told 7yr 35 million.

I don't know. I questioned that myself. I'm just passing on what I have heard. Consultant is a pretty vague description of what he would actually be doing if this does hold true.

If
I don't know. I questioned that myself. I'm just passing on what I have heard. Consultant is a pretty vague description of what he would actually be doing if this does hold true.
Since they have to pay him anyway, why not get something for it.

He will be on the payroll regardless.

But I see nothing but trouble keeping fired/retired head coaches around. With the lone exception of a long time, successful coach staying on as a consultant , like if Stoops had wanted to stay on at OU somewhere in the athletic department.

I can’t imagine the new guy coming in being OK with the exiting coach remaining with the program.

I know this is old news but I was told by people I consider credible that there is an agreement by Frost and Riley will be retained an a consultant for the program and yes I was told 7yr 35 million.

This is like the rumors 3 years ago that Tressel was coming and Frost was going to be OC/Coach-in-waiting.

Riley is not going to be retained in any form. Frost (or whoever the next coach is) will get to decide completely who he wants on his staff. No coach will want to come here with a condition that the last coach, who was a complete failure, gets to stay on staff.

Reactions: TheNewNU
This is like the rumors 3 years ago that Tressel was coming and Frost was going to be OC/Coach-in-waiting.

Riley is not going to be retained in any form. Frost (or whoever the next coach is) will get to decide completely who he wants on his staff. No coach will want to come here with a condition that the last coach, who was a complete failure, gets to stay on staff.

I'd rather have Leach than BB.

Id love to get Ken Niumatalolo and that option offense just for entertainment purposes.

Frost above all others though.

Would rather get a proven winner not a retread

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT