ADVERTISEMENT

X's and O's thought

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Nov 29, 2018
Title speaks for itself.....having Omar Manning N and Betts signing in February, another year of S&C for the O-Line and Mills. I'm assuming we can distract the defense with the weapons in the red zone and just pound the freakin rock like we're supposed to do and get TD's? causing everyone on this board to calm down about the trick plays near the goal line?

I'd love to see it

Title speaks for itself.....having Omar Manning N and Betts signing in February, another year of S&C for the O-Line and Mills. I'm assuming we can distract the defense with the weapons in the red zone and just pound the freakin rock like we're supposed to do and get TD's? causing everyone on this board to calm down about the trick plays near the goal line?

I'd love to see it
Would seem logical. Anytime you can get the defense to have to respect every weapon, that's a huge advantage to the offense

I'd love to see it
I think Frost is realizing what he did and Oregon and UCF is not going to cut it here. So yes I think we will see more pound it down your throat style of play. Frost will always play the spread you out, trick your mind, game. I think especially near the goal line and on 3rd and shorts we will see more of the tough run game.

Did we throw a single goalline fade last year? I remember Luke to Hickman against Maryland (incomplete), but outside of that, I don’t think that play was available to us.

Pound the rock, toss it up to Manning if he’s singled. TD percentage in the red zone should improve dramatically.

Reactions: HominidHusker
On the goal line it is more straight ahead, man on man blocking with some trapping with motion, etc. We just don't have the horses to push the pile back yet. Until we do, we are still going to struggle on the goal line. Trick or no tricks

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think Frost is realizing what he did and Oregon and UCF is not going to cut it here. So yes I think we will see more pound it down your throat style of play. Frost will always play the spread you out, trick your mind, game. I think especially near the goal line and on 3rd and shorts we will see more of the tough run game.
Oregon was a run first offense. He hasn't run in power sets so I don't see how you can imagine he has changed. When healthy we are one of the best offenses in the conference, even without a fully filled offensive roster. How many teams with TEs as their 3 and 4th best receivers, a true freshman as their #2 receiver and #1 rb, a freshman at center, and a 19 year at QB would have produced as much as we did. We were an offense of 1st and 2nd year players and transfers...and we were still at the top in rushing. Derp. I am really excited about actually having healthy, experienced players instead of plugins and true freshman. He isn't changing anything other than doing his normal creative adjustments.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT