ADVERTISEMENT

XFL

-LVhusker-

Walk On
Oct 11, 2018
I like this kickoff, looks pretty cool. This Seattle v DC game has decent talent and speed. Which Huskers are on XFL rosters?

Reactions: WHCSC
Lotta inside talk by the coach being mic'ed up, along with QB in the huddle.

In-game player interviews by sideline reporters. Gotta wonder how a QB likes to immediately be asked about a fumble, and Kicker being questioned right after a miss.

Watched most of the two games I guess. Seemed like solid football. Players and coaches seemed pretty damn genuine as well. Will give it another look next week.

Reactions: WHCSC
Watched most of the two games I guess. Seemed like solid football. Players and coaches seemed pretty damn genuine as well. Will give it another look next week.
The only comment that kept coming to my mind watching it today was "some of it looked sort of like football so that was good". :oops:

Reactions: TheNewNU
I watched a little bit of two games today. Seemed a little sloppy with a lot of dropped passes and one really bad dropped interception where the guy broke beautifully on the pass and it clanged right off his chest. Overall, it was a pretty fun product to watch. It was funny to watch a ball get spotted at the kicking teams 45 when they kicked the kickoff out of bounds. I will keep watching it.

The XFL’s kickoff setup is actually something I could see making its way into both college and the NFL. The ball was kicked from the 30 yard line, but the rest of the special teams unit lines-up at the opponents 35 yard line. Nobody can move until the returner touches the ball.

I know they’ve been talking about removing kickoffs from the game entirely, but I think that would be awful as it can be such an impactful part of the game. Removing the kicking teams 50 yard sprint downfield could really help to reduce the full speed injuries that are so common during the kickoff.

The XFL’s kickoff setup is actually something I could see making its way into both college and the NFL. The ball was kicked from the 30 yard line, but the rest of the special teams unit lines-up at the opponents 35 yard line. Nobody can move until the returner touches the ball.

I know they’ve been talking about removing kickoffs from the game entirely, but I think that would be awful as it can be such an impactful part of the game. Removing the kicking teams 50 yard sprint downfield could really help to reduce the full speed injuries that are so common during the kickoff.
No way, this eliminates the surprise onside kick...

....as well as this:
11390448164_a3fe6b6ddf_o.gif

Keeping in mind this is the first week of a new league it was not bad. There was some sloppiness and stumbling but that is to be expected for the first couple of games. 10 game game season. Should be fine.
Very comparable to the first NFL preseason game.
Hoping for a good showing from the Battlehawks and some former Huskers tomorrow.
Who all is playing from the Huskers?

I've tried to get into hockey before. It's a blast to watch in person, but not as much on tv.
Hockey is a sport best viewed in person. TV can't capture the speed of those guys compared to sitting near the boards. I was standing behind the goal one time and had turned to talk to someone just when a slap shot hit the glass right in front of me. I saw it coming at the last minute right towards my face. Scared the hell out of me when it hit the glass. I wouldn't have had a millisecond to duck if that glass hadn't been there. It's kind of like having a semi on the interstate at 80mph throw a huge rock at your windshield/face.

Reactions: TheNewNU and Swiv3D
If I hadn't grown up being so heavily indoctrinated by my parents about husker football, hockey would be my favorite sport hands down. Some days I actually do like it more than football.

I watched a little bit of two games today. Seemed a little sloppy with a lot of dropped passes and one really bad dropped interception where the guy broke beautifully on the pass and it clanged right off his chest. Overall, it was a pretty fun product to watch. It was funny to watch a ball get spotted at the kicking teams 45 when they kicked the kickoff out of bounds. I will keep watching it.
I guess there is reason these guys are in the xfl and not NFL. They aren't top level talent or at least not any more.

De’Mornay Pierson-El, Slot WR 1 - St Louis BattleHawks

Brandon Reilly, Slot WR 2 - St Louis BattleHawks

Jerald Foster, Left Guard 1 - Tampa Bay Vipers

Alonzo Moore, WR 3 - Seattle Dragons

Mohammed Seisay, CB 3 - Seattle Dragons

Also Mike Riley is the OC for Seattle...

De’Mornay Pierson-El, Slot WR 1 - St Louis BattleHawks

Brandon Reilly, Slot WR 2 - St Louis BattleHawks

Jerald Foster, Left Guard 1 - Tampa Bay Vipers

Alonzo Moore, WR 3 - Seattle Dragons

Mohammed Seisay, CB 3 - Seattle Dragons

Also Mike Riley is the OC for Seattle...
Marvin Sanders coaches for Dallas.

The one thing I miss about the UFL (besides having a team here) was the uniforms and logos. They were all really nice.

The XFL teams look like someone went into madden create a team and just hit randomize. Awful color schemes, ugly uniforms and clipart logos.

It does resemble football at least. Though I'm not sure any of those teams could beat a decent college team at this point.

The best thing the XFL has so far that I enjoy is the inside baseball stuff with all the interviews and hot mikes.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
It was also good to see Marcus Lucas (Missouri) playing because my son played with him at Liberty HS in KC area. Very good player and has been hanging out on practice squads for NFL last 5-6 years.

I kind of liked the KO change, the timing changes seemed a little odd, but good to see some decent football in off season

really liked the instant reply review, where you hear the guy that is actually making the decision give the ref his reasoning. Also enjoyed hearing some of the OC's and DC's play calls, but glad they don't overdo it.

Reactions: -LVhusker-
ADVERTISEMENT