ADVERTISEMENT

XFL

Mar 4, 2009
well Vince McMahon has sold $100 million in stock and the rumor is that he is restarting the XFL but with a different business model. I think it could work given the political climate these days.. Trump supporters are mad at the NFL for the anthem protests.. but they still need their pro football!

Think about a patriotic-themed team with Tim Tebow as the QB facing off against a black panther/leftist themed team with Kaepernick as the QB... people would definitely watch that game.

well Vince McMahon has sold $100 million in stock and the rumor is that he is restarting the XFL but with a different business model. I think it could work given the political climate these days.. Trump supporters are mad at the NFL for the anthem protests.. but they still need their pro football!

Think about a patriotic-themed team with Tim Tebow as the QB facing off against a black panther/leftist themed team with Kaepernick as the QB... people would definitely watch that game.

I’m sure the likes of you would watch.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Jeez, one of the worst posts of the year.
Hahaha wow. This is a football message board, my post is about a potential professional football league being started up. I thought there would be some interest in discussing it... not sure why there is such backlash.

The league failed horribly the first time, maybe it will fail spectacularly again.. but would be interesting nonetheless.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Hahaha wow. This is a football message board, my post is about a potential professional football league being started up. I thought there would be some interest in discussing it... not sure why there is such backlash.

The league failed horribly the first time, maybe it will fail spectacularly again.. but would be interesting nonetheless.

Seriously can't tell if you're trolling, but I'd wager a guess that your second paragraph in which you suggested that a "patriotic" (read: white) team face off against a "leftist" or "panther" (read: black) team might be what people are reacting to.

Troll 0/10 would not recommend

It would fail so hard and no smart businessman would go back in with him on this endeavor. Anyone who thinks anthem kneeling is a reason to start a new football league should just stop thinking altogether.

It would fail so hard and no smart businessman would go back in with him on this endeavor. Anyone who thinks anthem kneeling is a reason to start a new football league should just stop thinking altogether.
Dont be so surprised if it works.
I wont bet on it, but now is the time to strike thats for sure.

I believe you are underestimating the effect of the protests on viewership because espn, SI, the media, and the NFL want you to so thats all youll hear is about how the protests have nothing to do with ratings drops when i guarantee its the number 1 thing by a wide margin.
It isnt just kneeling...its cop pig socks, shoving social justice down our throats, bob costas and others being political, and the idolizing of kaepernick.
A new league has as good a chance now as ever.
In any case, I dont see what the big deal is and why it pisses you off so much. Maybe youre worried.

Yep, the other 100 professional football leagues failed miserably. But I'm sure this one will be the exception. o_O

Reactions: Bugeater
The Mets are never going to go for the Tim Tebow idea. You don't let your prized 30-year-old prospect play a contact sport when he's coming off a .225 season in High-A ball.

I’ve got a better idea:

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

I'd probably watch
The problem will always be a lower caliber player playing in this league which ultimately leads to fewer viewers. The plays are simply less spectacular and don’t intrigue an audience.

Of course, there is always the gambling audience or very sports-involved audience who will view, but you need mainstream viewers to make money.

I don't think it'd work. I tend to believe that most people who hate the whole Kaepernick/ "take a knee" movement are not mad because he is black or because he is standing up for black inequality. They are mad because it's political in something we don't want to be political and something we need to have for joy in our lives to get away from political issues.

So how does adding more politics to football help the fans that are annoyed? Do i think some white & black supremacist groups would love that? Sure, but I hope that the market that those people make up is not large enough to carry that big of an audience to make it successful. If this is truly McMahon's idea, then not only is he trash but a truly awful human being.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I don't see this working - because the only thing that I think they could sell is being more violent than the NFL (no holds barred - big hits allowed - whatever). Given the likelihood that results in a lawsuit......this will fail like XFL1

I think it has a chance if the league does 2 things up front, 1 make the players sign a waiver stating they understand the risk & won't sue due to CTE problems later in life, and 2. Clearly state what a catch is up front and don't waiver on it. I honestly believe there is a portion of football fans who want their game like it used to be (80's & 90's), and would watch if the new league went that direction.

Dont be so surprised if it works.
I wont bet on it, but now is the time to strike thats for sure.

I believe you are underestimating the effect of the protests on viewership because espn, SI, the media, and the NFL want you to so thats all youll hear is about how the protests have nothing to do with ratings drops when i guarantee its the number 1 thing by a wide margin.
It isnt just kneeling...its cop pig socks, shoving social justice down our throats, bob costas and others being political, and the idolizing of kaepernick.
A new league has as good a chance now as ever.
In any case, I dont see what the big deal is and why it pisses you off so much. Maybe youre worried.

No worries. People make stupid business decisions all the time based off of emotions and idiocy. Football is football to me. We all cheered for criminals a time or 2 at Nebraska, so save the moral nonsense. I don’t give any extra thoughts to Kap. I like to watch good football, and not one single pro league outside of the NFL will be able to deliver that.

Seriously can't tell if you're trolling, but I'd wager a guess that your second paragraph in which you suggested that a "patriotic" (read: white) team face off against a "leftist" or "panther" (read: black) team might be what people are reacting to.
Not trolling... Vince McMahon has made a billion dollars promoting grand spectacles... the Tebow team v. Kaepernick team would be quite a spectacle that would have 1000% more intrigue and interest than any of the NFL games upcoming this week. It wouldn't even have to be Kaepernick.. it could be Johnny Football or someone like that. The goody-two-shoes religious Tebow team vs. the coke snorting bad boy Manziel.

Not trolling... Vince McMahon has made a billion dollars promoting grand spectacles... the Tebow team v. Kaepernick team would be quite a spectacle that would have 1000% more intrigue and interest than any of the NFL games upcoming this week. It wouldn't even have to be Kaepernick.. it could be Johnny Football or someone like that. The goody-two-shoes religious Tebow team vs. the coke snorting bad boy Manziel.
Maybe this guy could make a comeback as the title sponsor/halftime pitch man:

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Maybe this guy could make a comeback as the title sponsor/halftime pitch man:

Loved old Joe's commercials during wrestling. Back in the days of The High Fliers, Bruiser Brody, Joe Scrapiron Kadesky, Danny Little Bear, and Bulldog Bob Brown. What great memories!

No worries. People make stupid business decisions all the time based off of emotions and idiocy. Football is football to me. We all cheered for criminals a time or 2 at Nebraska, so save the moral nonsense. I don’t give any extra thoughts to Kap. I like to watch good football, and not one single pro league outside of the NFL will be able to deliver that.
NFL isnt exactly good football. Need to cut 4 teams at least. But wont of course.

ADVERTISEMENT