ADVERTISEMENT

XFL: Not Dead Yet

And what about his business model (which I dont think has been announced yet) will make this league viable as opposed to ALL of the other failed leagues over the years?

Is this just a new season of Ballers?

And what about his business model (which I dont think has been announced yet) will make this league viable as opposed to ALL of the other failed leagues over the years?

The only thing I can think of... IF we don’t see football this fall (pro or college) fans will be so starved that this could be huge, should it happen.

Get these athletes playing again!

Legends-American-Football-League-1.jpg

It doesn't matter what you think.

The XFL is like the old movie "Weekend at Bernie's" where they just keep propping up and passing around a dead body. How many times are they going to keep pushing around this dead horse? RollingLaugh

If I was in the ownership group, I would Target 2022...I think 2021 is possible, but so many unknowns with Covid, why risk the capital in 2021.

I think Covid killed the newest XFL league. They only got in 1/2 a season and without revenue you are dead, last I heard the players got a full season of pay and TV ratings were good. The rules they used worked and some may be implemented into football as a whole. The NFL was sniffing around and considering it a minor league of sorts. They had fans in the stands.Given changed circumstances about the virus, I think it works.

There was no competition to players, only complimentary to players wanting back into the league, no competition of seasons; starting right after the Super Bowl was genius, players on practice squads got playing time, If they can find a way to get the NFL players union to help them I think this will work. Could supplant Power 5 conference football in time; kids not wanting to go to school have an avenue to the league.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I may watch next time around. How do you go about choosing a team to be a fan of? I've always gone by the I live here so I guess this is my team rule

I chose the st Louis battle hawks. I thought the logo was neat. And they the closest team. Not knowing anything about them. Just kinda that's my team

good place to go for those kids wanting a pay check. they could share all the revenue. Laughing
by the way i feel entitled to a check for every loss we might endure

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT