ADVERTISEMENT

XFL as Potential Landing Spot for Players

CornKid11

Oct 31, 2019
I think I've heard it a hundred times but emotions really are running high right now and it just plain sucks that there will be no normal Husker football this fall. In my opinion, when the dust settles, the players are going to look at the NCAA and P5 conferences as complete clowns, even more so than today. I view this as their last ditch effort to control the players under the rapidly evaporating guise of student-athletes.

I'm not saying that the XFL is the answer to a legitimate minor league football system, but there's definitely a large vacuum that exists right now for a second professional league. Anyways here's an article where it explains that the XFL is planning for a bubble of 6 teams with an October tournament. Obviously 6 teams means limited roster spots especially if some players from last year's teams are signed as well but if you're a senior in the Pac-12 or BIG with aspirations of the pros, this might be an intriguing option. Could be a path forward for guys like Bootle, Farniok, Mills, Wilson, Stoll, or Stille wanting a shot at the next level but not wanting to stick around for the clown show of the spring.

ADVERTISEMENT