ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
best of luck to him.
we’ll have plenty of other opportunities...

We were just fine with Carlyle Holiday and Tom Zibikowski and the OL whose name escapes me going there.

If memory serves, some QB back in the 90s picked us over them. Tommie something. Everything works itself out.

If the kid really wants to go to nd then commit, stop stringing Nebraska coaches along, stop coming to Nebraska hosted event. Man up and and do it. We’ll do just fine without him

Reactions: CatColumbia
They play 5 ACC games a year & went 9-1 agsinst them the last two years, including four ranked wins.
Went undefeated against the B1G the last 2 years, including three wins against teams who finished ranked (two on the road).
Has gone 3-1 vs the SEC, including two wins against LSU & a one point loss to UGA.
Went 3-1 vs PAC with two top 10 wins.

How’s that?
It is lame...because this is not the ND site...so...we don't care. Head back to rooting for a team that you have never seen play in person and for a school you did not attend in a town that has turned into a freaking cesspool dump.

Watts will eventually sign with Nebraska. He might even commit to Notre Dame, but he will be playing at University of Nebraska in 2020.

I’m still not sold on Watts to ND, although it’s certainly trending that way, but once he commits that should be the end of it. His dad stopped him from committing over the weekend so that he was sure he was making a final decision.

Reactions: Front Runner
I’m still not sold on Watts to ND, although it’s certainly trending that way, but once he commits that should be the end of it. His dad stopped him from committing over the weekend so that he was sure he was making a final decision.
I have a gut feeling it has been ND for awhile and he hasn't pulled the trigger out of respect for Nebraska. I just don't think it is as close as some think. Might be one of those things parents want him here and he wants ND, so is causing internal conflict for him.

Sounds like he's the Wandale of Nebraska. Hopefully not.
Yep heart is set on ND. Family telling him to stay home. I think he will end up there. If he does by some chance end up committing here in the near future. He will flip to ND by signing day.

Yep heart is set on ND. Family telling him to stay home. I think he will end up there. If he does by some chance end up committing here in the near future. He will flip to ND by signing day.
Call me a homer, I just don't see the appeal of playing for Kelly over Frost, but that is just my opinion. Even last year when ND made the playoffs, I knew they would get blown out. They were a product of an easy schedule. USC is down, Stanford was ok and they don't exactly play the toughest teams in the ACC.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I think we'll be just fine if Watts goes to ND.

We definitely will if he goes ND. I really do hope we get him along with Betts. But if we only get one, Betts is the one I’d rather have. Getting D Chase, D Houston, J Nance, W Robinson and WRs like that lately makes a miss on Watts not sting as bad as it could. We will see how this plays out soon enough. Definitely a ND vs Huskers match up for Watts.

Call me a homer, I just don't see the appeal of playing for Kelly over Frost, but that is just my opinion. Even last year when ND made the playoffs, I knew they would get blown out. They were a product of an easy schedule. USC is down, Stanford was ok and they don't exactly play the toughest teams in the ACC.
I guess I get wanting to play for your team you rooted for as a kid. That's NU fault that we sucked as this generation was growing up. In my day we all wore Husker gear but different day and age. No internet and success and loyalty. Then 10 years ago or so it was fashionable to wear anything but Husker gear.

Anyway, I get what he's feeling but hope he stays home and is part of the next legacy

I guess I get wanting to play for your team you rooted for as a kid. That's NU fault that we sucked as this generation was growing up. In my day we all wore Husker gear but different day and age. No internet and success and loyalty. Then 10 years ago or so it was fashionable to wear anything but Husker gear.

Anyway, I get what he's feeling but hope he stays home and is part of the next legacy

Pretty sure Watts and his family aren’t originally from Nebraska. Who knows who he grew up cheering for.

They got blown out by the same team that blew out Bama. Did you know Bama was going to get rocked too?

Bashing NDs SOS is both inaccurate and played out. Over the last two years ND went 22-4 with a record of 6-4 against teams that finished the year in the top 25 (Nebraska went 0-7 over that same timeframe FWIW). Teams include Clemson, Georgia, Michigan (you should be familiar with them), Northwestern, LSU, Mich St (in 2017). That’s on top of “down” traditional powers like USC, Miami, and FSU. Again, that’s in the last two years alone.

If you don’t believe, or don’t think I’m objective, check the publications.

This site has ND #13 (Nebraska #41): https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

This site has ND #11 (Nebraska #26): http://warrennolan.com/football/2018/sos

Sagarin had ND lowest at #31: https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

So yeah, I’d call you a homer...

Last edited:
Lot of hand wringing here over the kid. Hope he comes to Nebraska but if he doesn't, I won't worry about it. One of the positions I'm not at all worried about in getting and attracting recruits is WR because this scheme is so attractive to offensive players. If one player turns us down, we'll get another who is equally as talented at the WR position.

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but if a native Nebraskan isn't chomping at the bit to go to Lincoln and bring the program back, I'm not sure they're the type of kid we want anyway
Agreed but this kids family has no natural affinity for NU football. Their roots are in Minnesota. Also, NU football has largely been nationally irrelevant his entire life. Is what it is

Reactions: scarletred
Agreed but this kids family has no natural affinity for NU football. Their roots are in Minnesota. Also, NU football has largely been nationally irrelevant his entire life. Is what it is

That's very true, but I believe Frost and Walters have made some serious inroads with his family and with him over the last few months. Notre Dame was and is very much in play, but the delay in the committment is due to Frost and Staff.

They got blown out by the same team that blew out Bama. Did you know Bama was going to get rocked too?

Bashing NDs SOS is both inaccurate and played out. Over the last two years ND went 22-4 with a record of 6-4 against teams that finished the year in the top 25 (Nebraska went 0-7 over that same timeframe FWIW). Teams include Clemson, Georgia, Michigan (you should be familiar with them), Northwestern, LSU, Mich St (in 2017). That’s on top of “down” traditional powers like USC, Miami, and FSU. Again, that’s in the last two years alone.

This site has ND #13 (Nebraska #41): https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Yawn....ND....blah, blah, blah! Go home!

I stand by what I said, and thanks for calling me a homer after I already said that about myself, hope you sleep better at night.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
AND, if he commits to one place or another any time soon I wouldn't bet any money on that being his final landing spot.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
I stand by what I said, and thanks for calling me a homer after I already said that about myself, hope you sleep better at night.

So you’re gonna stand by how you “feel”, in the face of facts. Got it.

giphy.gif

Guys, simple as this. If he isn't bought in and doesn't want to be here, then okay see ya later. Have fun in South Bend. Would rather have guys who are fully bought in, maybe not quite as good, that are willing to do whatever it takes, then a stud who is wishy washy. Is what it is. We'll see what happens.

I get the protect the border stuff from Frost and Co. and Watts is the #2 ranked kid in NE. But NU got Xavier with a Z. The world will not end if the kid becomes a Domer.

Reactions: passrush1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT