ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid they moved on to is really, really good.

2APy4b

Maybe we should look at that QB as well, those passes were on the money.

Any chance we can get both Nixon and Watts?

Hell yeah! I've heard from multiple sources that both would commit to US on the next full moon IF Scott Frost wears a purple headband and plays "Getting Tighter" by Deep Purple whilst driving a plum crazy challenger. It's been reported that BOTH players favorite color is purple from childhood. BUT they refuse to play for a university with purple colors, so that eliminates KSU, N'Western, ECU, LSU, TCU, Washington, Furman, James Madison. Also was told in person by a human that Watts loves the Big Bronco burger from Broncos, only Omaha has those so most definitively he will be attending IWCC 'cus Broncos proximity but after his two years it is anybodies game.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Huh?
The person who reported that was Wiltfong, who is very well respected nationally. And he even reported that Tommy Reese (ND QB coach) met with Mertz & a visit was planned. Then obviously Wisconsin put the full court press on Mertz & had him on lock down his commitment. ND was already behind the ball in that one with a late McNanara flip.
So if you have a beef with the report, take it up with them, not me.

As far as Watts, the source is the actual NU recruiting analysts. Actually, on all three sites, NU, ND & UM, they are reporting the same thing.

I can even tell you which WR NU has moved on to, and it’s a kid I like a lot & will blow up this year.
Anything else you have questions on?

Edit: I also remember your site talking about UW being a top 5 team & going to make the CFP? How did that turn out?

You see that large bright orb-shaped object in the sky? It's called the sun. Here's a novel idea...perhaps you should get out more.

If someone other than Spielman doesn't step up at WR then it would be a very damning indictment of the coaches ability to spot talent. They'll have enough new faces that they recruited now including Wan'Dale and Miles Jones plus the pure receivers in both classes. I'm sure whoever is the "cream" will rise up to become a key part of the team this year.

You see that large bright orb-shaped object in the sky? It's called the sun. Here's a novel idea...perhaps you should get out more.

I usually get my morning run in before the sun comes up, but thanks.
I get plenty of sun though on my lunchtime swim at the Y. Thanks for your concern.
I’m in medical research. I literally have to sit & wait hours sometimes for results. While waiting I follow college football. If I’m going to follow it I might as well get good info in a timely manner.

If someone other than Spielman doesn't step up at WR then it would be a very damning indictment of the coaches ability to spot talent. They'll have enough new faces that they recruited now including Wan'Dale and Miles Jones plus the pure receivers in both classes. I'm sure whoever is the "cream" will rise up to become a key part of the team this year.

Saying they can’t spot and recruit talent based on lack of depth at wr going into year 2 is absurd.

He hasn't played a single college game yet. And he will be playing the Duck-R position, he's not a true WR.
Well are you doubting that he can catch passes? If no one else steps up at WR (which I strongly doubt) then he'll be a WR. You can count on that.

Reactions: Bold Words
Saying they can’t spot and recruit talent based on lack of depth at wr going into year 2 is absurd.
No it's not but again I think we'll be fine at WR this year.

They've solidified other positions with new talent on offense. Notably QB and RB are vitually completely different than before they arrived. QB, for example, is a lot harder to learn than WR for a new recruit. The reason QB worked out is because they identified Adrian as a talent.

Also it's not like ALL of the new WR recruits were pure freshmen. They've recruited two JUCOs and a grad transfer so they had an opportunity to see what those kids did beyond high school and better assess their talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
I get plenty of sun though on my lunchtime swim at the Y. Thanks for your concern.
I’m in medical research. I literally have to sit & wait hours sometimes for results. While waiting I follow college football. If I’m going to follow it I might as well get good info in a timely manner.

Thank you for updating me on the "My morning run" and the "My lunchtime swim at the Y." And thanks for reminding me that both activities are "yours," because if you would have said "I run and swim" I may have confused "your" morning run and "your" lunchtime swim at the Y with someone else's. I like keeping people's exercise schedules clearly identified, to give them full credit of course.

I like that you take full ownership of your runs and swims though. Others just say "I run and swim" and allow their exercise regimen to haphazardly be claimed by others. Well done.

Here's another idea though.. How about you take your ass back to the Notre Dame board, and share your vast knowledge with them. We can only be so impressed ya know. Being impressed has a saturation point..

Who gaf?

Huh?
The person who reported that was Wiltfong, who is very well respected nationally. And he even reported that Tommy Reese (ND QB coach) met with Mertz & a visit was planned. Then obviously Wisconsin put the full court press on Mertz & had him on lock down his commitment. ND was already behind the ball in that one with a late McNanara flip.
So if you have a beef with the report, take it up with them, not me.

As far as Watts, the source is the actual NU recruiting analysts. Actually, on all three sites, NU, ND & UM, they are reporting the same thing.

I can even tell you which WR NU has moved on to, and it’s a kid I like a lot & will blow up this year.
Anything else you have questions on?

Edit: I also remember your site talking about UW being a top 5 team & going to make the CFP? How did that turn out?

Sidebar - I read your post said Tommy Rees(e) is the QB coach at ND. I quick googled him because I thought he was a ND QB a few years ago...and he was. In 2014. The dude is 27 years old and is the QB coach on a major D1 staff. Very impressive.

You sit and wait for results? Really? I trust this is a volunteer gig.

We dont know what Wandale is YET. He could be a great WR. That said he could be Tyjon Lyndsey as well.

We honestly have no clue what he is or will be yet.

I know we are all hoping he is the goods but it hasnt been determined yet.

Holla
He has a way better attitude then tyjon, that one thing has him light years better

We dont know what Wandale is YET. He could be a great WR. That said he could be Tyjon Lyndsey as well.

Holla

Wandale actually produced in high school. Tyjion Lindsey had a 1,000+ yard season as a junior, on a team with 16 D1 signees starting.

Holla
Well I think it is a better situation than one of "we have no clue" when it comes to Wan'Dale. After all he was here for Spring practice already and the coaches still are high on him coming out of Spring. In particular they have mentioned how smart of a football player he is in picking up things.

Now of course no player is ever a lock, even Spielman, because there's always the possibility of being hampered by injury. That's also true for every team in the country. But IMO we have enough candidates at WR that someone is going to pan out to give us a replacement for Morgan. Wan'Dale is as good a pick as any of them to make a difference. And the TE's will be better as well this year than they were last year giving Adrian more targets so the defenses aren't able to just gang up on one guy.

Well I think it is a better situation than one of "we have no clue" when it comes to Wan'Dale. After all he was here for Spring practice already and the coaches still are high on him coming out of Spring. In particular they have mentioned how smart of a football player he is in picking up things.

Now of course no player is ever a lock, even Spielman, because there's always the possibility of being hampered by injury. That's also true for every team in the country. But IMO we have enough candidates at WR that someone is going to pan out to give us a replacement for Morgan. Wan'Dale is as good a pick as any of them to make a difference. And the TE's will be better as well this year than they were last year giving Adrian more targets so the defenses aren't able to just gang up on one guy.

I still don't understand all the TE hype. Sure, they'll know the playbook better, but they're not going to magically transform into difference-makers.

I still don't understand all the TE hype. Sure, they'll know the playbook better, but they're not going to magically transform into difference-makers.

And you don’t know that Frost is planning on utilizing them more this year with the experience from last year..

You have to remember that Adrian was a freshman QB learning the system. His progression will be as important as anything in utilizing the TEs more this season IMO.

Hell yeah! I've heard from multiple sources that both would commit to US on the next full moon IF Scott Frost wears a purple headband and plays "Getting Tighter" by Deep Purple whilst driving a plum crazy challenger. It's been reported that BOTH players favorite color is purple from childhood. BUT they refuse to play for a university with purple colors, so that eliminates KSU, N'Western, ECU, LSU, TCU, Washington, Furman, James Madison. Also was told in person by a human that Watts loves the Big Bronco burger from Broncos, only Omaha has those so most definitively he will be attending IWCC 'cus Broncos proximity but after his two years it is anybodies game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT