ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you dont consider 1000+ yards as a Jr producing? Maybe our definitions of production differ.

Holla

He didn't play as a Senior, and I was chastised for criticizing his film. He did nothing and was the product of a kid with Muhammad Ali's daughter to back him up.

Wandale is a freak without the silver spoon........ hopefully he doesn't smoke it away.

Yup...and we STILL dont know how good he is yet.

Why is it hard for people to wait and see what a guy does on the field before annointing them. We all HOPE all these guys become great but the fact of the matter is we dont know yet.

Some of us were saying the same things about our two 4 star safeties from last year as well . Now they are both gone.

Im definitely not saying Wandale wont be good. Im simply saying he isnt PROVEN yet.

Holla

Reactions: OzzyLvr
In a perfect world you are right. I guess i just choose to see it on the field first. Wandale may be great from day 1 or he may not be. My take was simply that he wasnt proven yet.

We heard last spring how good mike williams was as well. Unfortunately that didnt play out like we hoped. Maybe it changes this year for him though.

Ive heard the spring hype for the longest as well. Just show me on the field like Adrian did and ill be perfectly happy.

Holla

Yup...and we STILL dont know how good he is yet.

Why is it hard for people to wait and see what a guy does on the field before annointing them. We all HOPE all these guys become great but the fact of the matter is we dont know yet.

Some of us were saying the same things about our two 4 star safeties from last year as well . Now they are both gone.

Im definitely not saying Wandale wont be good. Im simply saying he isnt PROVEN yet.

Holla

I didn't say anything about our safeties or Tyjion, but I won't back down from my thoughts on Wandale or Rahmir Johnson. I think they will both be stars.

I felt the same way about Adrian Martinez as well.

Again...we simply disagree on Lyndseys HS accomplishments and thats fine.

I love what i seen from Wandale. He was my number 1
I didn't say anything about our safeties or Tyjion, but I won't back down from my thoughts on Wandale or Rahmir Johnson. I think they will both be stars.

I felt the same way about Adrian Martinez as well.

I wasnt talking about you specifically. I was talking about many fans in general. I thought Martinez would be a stud as well. But ive also thought that with others who havent panned out. Ive learned to wait until i see it on the field first.

I guess its not as fun to wait but its just the way i do things now. Maybe its my age showing lol.

For the record im extremely high on Wandale as well. Like i said he was my number 1 recruit in that class. But i still wanna see it first.

As fir Rahmir i honestly liked a "healthy" Thompkins better. That said the chances we get to see that anytime soon if ever is slim. But i do think Johnson is a good back. Just nit convinced hes an every down guy like Thompkins could of been.

Holla

Again...we simply disagree on Lyndseys HS accomplishments and thats fine.

I love what i seen from Wandale. He was my number 1

I wasnt talking about you specifically. I was talking about many fans in general. I thought Martinez would be a stud as well. But ive also thought that with others who havent panned out. Ive learned to wait until i see it on the field first.

I guess its not as fun to wait but its just the way i do things now. Maybe its my age showing lol.

For the record im extremely high on Wandale as well. Like i said he was my number 1 recruit in that class. But i still wanna see it first.

As fir Rahmir i honestly liked a "healthy" Thompkins better. That said the chances we get to see that anytime soon if ever is slim. But i do think Johnson is a good back. Just nit convinced hes an every down guy like Thompkins could of been.

Holla
I agree with your opinion on Rahmir, but I don’t think he was recruited to be an every down back. Definitely situational. Thompkins certainly is. Hopefully he can be.

Reactions: kakdawg
There is more to it that is premium content he can’t post that’s not in the free story.

BiodegradableLeanAustralianfreshwatercrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Go away tool, Norte dame is in the top ten of football teams you hate, now with the football playoffs you’ll always get embarrassed since your schedule is right up there with kst

Tool? LOL
Why, because I told someone that they know the story?
And people only hate teams that are relavent.
And ND just went 22-4 the last two seasons playing 12 of those games against teams that finished in the top 25. That’s the most in the country. ND has never played a FCS opponent, plays the most P5 teams in the country. You have to out of your mind if you think ND’s schedule is weak? LOL

P.S. I know your program very well. Father in-law played on two Title teams in the early 70’s & my wife never lost a game at Marian on the way to four straight titles & Top 3 national ranking. They both love Nebraska & Notre Dame...

Last edited:
Reactions: Top_Gun_
Tool? LOL
Why, because I told someone that they know the story?
And people only hate teams that are relavent.
And ND just went 22-4 the last two seasons playing 12 of those games against teams that finished in the top 25. That’s the most in the country. ND has never played a FCS opponent, plays the most P5 teams in the country. You have to out of your mind if you think ND’s schedule is weak? LOL
Yes your a tool coming onto a Nebraska board!!! Watts may very well end up with nd but it’s a few months till signing day anything can happen. And yes imo you still play a weak schedule

Yes your a tool coming onto a Nebraska board!!! Watts may very well end up with nd but it’s a few months till signing day anything can happen. And yes imo you still play a weak schedule

I have family on here, well, on the Premium board, not here. LOL

And your opinion of ND’s schedule doesn’t mean anything...you are just bitter and know nothing about ND’s schedule.
Last year ND played only 5 home games. They played two “neutral site games” in the opposing teams’ state. The last month ND played in San Diego, Chicago, New York, then Los Angeles. ND has home & homes scheduled with Bama, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, OU, Texas, Michigan, FSU, Miami, and every year with USC & Stanford. The B1G West winner last year was 1-3 outside the Conference.

And your opinion of ND’s schedule doesn’t mean anything...you are just bitter and know nothing about ND’s schedule.
Last year ND played only 5 home games. They played two “neutral site games” in the opposing teams’ state. The last month ND played in San Diego, Chicago, New York, then Los Angeles. ND has home & homes scheduled with Bama, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, OU, Texas, Michigan, FSU, Miami, and every year with USC & Stanford. The B1G West winner last year was 1-3 outside the Conference.
From what I've seen of them, I would take Betts over Watts. And I don't mean that in a sour grapes kind of way.

From what I've seen of them, I would take Betts over Watts. And I don't mean that in a sour grapes kind of way.

I would take both. I think both teams would.
I wasn’t sold on Watts until I saw him dominate the state tournament last year on the way to the title. He is not a camp, t-shirt & shorts player, he is a put the pads on & play football kind of player.

Does it have to be one or the other?

Definitely not. Take both.

ND has a 5 Star WR commit already in the class, and is a co-leader for another top 25 WR in the class, but they still want Watts badly.
They passed on Redding (top 50 WR out of IMG Academy) because they think Watts is a lot better. They stopped recruiting a few 4 Star WRs because they think Watts is better.
That’s how highly teams view Watts as a player.

Time to going a conference, then let’s see how you fair

Reactions: scarletred
Time to going a conference, then let’s see how you fair

They play 5 ACC games a year & went 9-1 agsinst them the last two years, including four ranked wins.
Went undefeated against the B1G the last 2 years, including three wins against teams who finished ranked (two on the road).
Has gone 3-1 vs the SEC, including two wins against LSU & a one point loss to UGA.
Went 3-1 vs PAC with two top 10 wins.

How’s that?

They play 5 ACC games a year & went 9-1 agsinst them the last two years, including four ranked wins.
Went undefeated against the B1G the last 2 years, including three wins against teams who finished ranked (two on the road).
Has gone 3-1 vs the SEC, including two wins against LSU & a one point loss to UGA.

How’s that?
Do us all a favor and take your boasting to the Notre Dame board. I'm sure you'll find someone there who actually cares.

How’s that?

Don’t even engage him. Complete moron who at best graduated from UNK, but most likely spent a couple years at Bellevue University or Peru State.

Do us all a favor and take your boasting to the Notre Dame board. I'm sure you'll find someone there who actually cares.

It’s not boasting.
It’s answering his question.
He questioned ND’s schedule against conferences. I answered.
So if I said NU didn’t win anything in the 90’s & you listed the Title teams would that be boasting? No, it would be answering the question.
Very sensitive people on this board. No one has said a negative thing about Nebraska. People are attacking ND & I’m defending ND with facts. If people can’t handle that...?

eh, let him 'boast' all he wants about regular season Ws. it's cute.

Have to win in the regular season to make the postseason. And I would rather lose a million to nothing in the CFP then to watch from home. And ND beat ranked LSU teams twice in bowls the last few years.

Have to win in the regular season to make the postseason. And I would rather lose a million to nothing in the CFP then to watch from home. And ND beat ranked LSU teams twice in bowls the last few years.

I’ll play...Yes it’s true winning the regular but ND doesn’t also have to risk playing in a CCG either... Which is huge considering ND couldn’t beat the best teams in the ACC when it has counted..

Reactions: Hastings4Huskers
Hopefully the relationships that Watts has built with the Nebraska coaching staff along with Heinrich and Hickman will be enough to gain his commitment

Been saying this for a while now but from a source close to the situation, Watts has been wanting to go to ND for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT