ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming...

The heaviest defensive lineman for Wyoming is 279. We should be able to impose our will. On the other hand they have a very big offensive line.

I still think we win easily.

I agree with ya about the d-line. I think Nebraska will pound the ball right at them all game long. Nick Gates is not a nice person and I would not want to be an undersized lineman going against that guy. He is borderline dirty and I think I love him. Similar score to last week is my prediction.

Because of their QB, I think it will be a closer game. The game plan last week was to just limit mistakes.. or in essence, playing not to lose. I doubt that type of game plan is going to get us through the season, so I expect some weaknesses to get exposed, esp on defense. Offensively, we should be able to move the ball at will, or will we shoot ourselves in the foot?

NU 38-27

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I like @NikkiSixx 's prediction. 38-27 Huskers.

I'd like to see a blow out, but I'm not convinced we are quite there on either side of the ball. Lots of improvements are usually made between weeks 1 and 2.

I remain bullish on this team. Despite some flaws last week I saw a big improvement over last year.
Wyoming will keep it close for a while, but we will wear them down and win going away.
They have a good QB so he will get some yards. But I think we also get some interceptions off of him. He has never played in front of 90,000 loud fans.

Nebraska did not play reserves at DT until the second half. And reserve DT's only played 3 snaps for us before the 5 minute mark in the 4th. (At least that is what I saw from my rewatch, please correct me if I am wrong)
That's what I saw too. Both Davis twins are on the Kick return team, so they show up in the participation report, but I don't believe either actually played at DT until late.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
The Wyoming QB is solid but has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long and doesn't throw the receiver open. Because he throws the ball late, he will get picked. Northern Illinois dropped a sure pick last week and also had one called back because of a penalty. If Nebraska is able to shut down the run, which I believe they will, Wyoming won't be able to run the ball 50+ times like they did last week. When you make a team one dimensional you win.

The Wyoming QB is solid but has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long and doesn't throw the receiver open. Because he throws the ball late, he will get picked. Northern Illinois dropped a sure pick last week and also had one called back because of a penalty. If Nebraska is able to shut down the run, which I believe they will, Wyoming won't be able to run the ball 50+ times like they did last week. When you make a team one dimensional you win.

As I was saying.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT