ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming...

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
They beat Northern Illinois in OT last night. What are everyone's thoughts on the game with Craig Bohl an all.

Coach Bohl was at the Kearney High/Lincoln East game on Friday night. I think Kearney has a Wyo commit and they are pursuing the Walker kid from East. Hope he does well but not against NU.

Reactions: bvkley
Watched the first half last night they looked much improved....their qb is pretty mobile and may give us some issues

We will NOT be seeing the "Warren Powers" effect next saturday.... ain't gonna happen.

Believe or not but I beat Craig Bohl one on one in Basketball in the 7th grade.

He is a damn good football coach despite taking blame for the blow out loss in Boulder in 2001.

Reactions: newAD
There is no way many of you in Nebraska were watching the game when it went into overtime. It had to be 4:00 am back there. One of the great things about living out West. Live events come on at a decent time to watch. Glad the Cowboys won. They will be overmatched by the Huskers on Saturday

I fell asleep right before NIU tied it to send it to OT. We shouldn't have a problem with Wyoming. They have a couple of nice backs and their QB is serviceable. He'll throw us a couple though. We should do what we want on offense.

Wyoming came into this season with something like 38 out of 44 players returning from the two deep on both sides of the ball. Bohl had a lot of seniors in his first year. He completely rebuilt the roster in year two. I bet they surprise a lot of teams in the MWC in his third season.

They will be prepared to play the Huskers, and will give Nebraska a better test from a physical standpoint. One big factor for Nebraska is there 11 am factor. The Huskers have consistently slept walked thru 11 am games for a couple of seasons now. Nebraska must find a way to generate some energy. Wyoming will be on a 10 am "clock," but they will still be pretty pumped to play at Nebraska.

A win over Northern Illinois is a good one to have under your belt. They are consistently a strong program and I expect a battle from Wyoming.

I also expect Nebraska coaches to open up the offense a bit more this week. I think the D gives up 17 or 20 but the O scores 47.

3rd seasons are often positives. There are exceptions with many Blue Bloods over years, but it will be interesting to see Wyoming this year.

Craig Bohl did well at ND St. Wyoming has a good tradition in MW.

Nebraska 1-0 - next 2 games should be fun for Mike Riley and the 2016 Cornhuskers.

if I remember right wyoming gave the 94 huskers their second closest game.

expect a tough,close game. if we bring our a game then easy. if we bring our b game then close win, if we bring our c game then anything could happen. they have a big qb that can run, they have a very good rb and a good lt. their defense is scrappy but we should be able to score a bunch if we execute

I appreciate the realism we all face now as Nebraska lost 7 games last season, a couple to teams of Wyoming's caliber.

That said, we need to get back to convincing wins against teams of this caliber. To the point where we aren't a little nervous about teams like Wyoming.

I hope Nebraska has a convincing win to position the Oregon game as a marquee matchup.

Reactions: otismotis08
They beat Northern Illinois in OT last night. What are everyone's thoughts on the game with Craig Bohl an all.
Before the season I felt like this game will be a good measure of our team. Nebraska should win handily but Wyoming will test the our rush defense to give us some measure going into the Oregon game.

How many Wyoming players would be in the Nebraska 2 deep?

expect a tough,close game. if we bring our a game then easy. if we bring our b game then close win, if we bring our c game then anything could happen. they have a big qb that can run, they have a very good rb and a good lt. their defense is scrappy but we should be able to score a bunch if we execute

How many Wyoming players would be in the Nebraska 2 deep?

Allen
Hill
Gentry
Cummings
Roullier
Granderson
Wacha
Wingard

Your offensive line should wear down our much smaller but athletic front 7. I think we absolutely cover the spread, but I think It will be something like 31-17 Nebraska... but we can definitely be within striking distance if turnover Tommy makes an appearance. I think the most likely scenario is a close game at half with an eventual wearing down of our defense and Langsdorf stays pretty conservative. We need another year in the weight room. Here's to a great game. Go Pokes

Last edited:

Allen
Hill
Gentry
Cummings
Roullier
Granderson
Wacha
Wingard

Your offensive line should wear down our much smaller but athletic front 7. I think we absolutely cover the spread, but I think It will be something like 31-17 Nebraska... but we can definitely be within striking distance if turnover Tommy makes an appearance. I think the most likely scenario is a close game at half with an eventual wearing down of our defense and Langsdorf stays pretty conservative. We need another year in the weight room. Here's to a great game. Go Pokes
Thanks for the post; sounds very realistic. Hoping we get past this game ; and then all have a great season. However, I truly feel some things may materially effect this game; and give N a bigger edge.
& I think our special teams coach is going to be getting a bit
nervous; even HCMR came close to calling some of the
returns : " keystone cops " returns.
& Secondary takes it up a stage; just improving from raw to
more experienced. D- line will definitely do the same.
& LB's are shining and coming downhill.

The O is really going to Maul; and there will be more gain through deception ( and air)

Thanks for the post; sounds very realistic. Hoping we get past this game ; and then all have a great season. However, I truly feel some things may materially effect this game; and give N a bigger edge.
& I think our special teams coach is going to be getting a bit
nervous; even HCMR came close to calling some of the
returns : " keystone cops " returns.
& Secondary takes it up a stage; just improving from raw to
more experienced. D- line will definitely do the same.
& LB's are shining and coming downhill.

The O is really going to Maul; and there will be more gain through deception ( and air)
Good point on the returns and our ST coach. Doesn't he make like a sh&t ton of money? And we had a blocked punt and clown squad punt return gallery

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I do not fear Wyoming. I think we cruise in this one after working out the kinks from last week. Plus we get Gerry and Reed and Reilly back.

NU 48
Wyo 10

So 8 of 44. Nebraska covers the 24 or 24 1/2

Allen
Hill
Gentry
Cummings
Roullier
Granderson
Wacha
Wingard

QB Josh Allen is outstanding. Kid is easily the most talented QB Nebraska will gave until the Ohio Strate game. One interesting subplot about Wyoming is their defensive depth. They only rotated out 5 positions on D vs. Northern Illinois.

Nebraska played reserves at every Defensive position before halftime vs. Fresno.

Allen
Hill
Gentry
Cummings
Roullier
Granderson
Wacha
Wingard

Nice post dude! Thank for the POV. Best of luck.

QB Josh Allen is outstanding. Kid is easily the most talented QB Nebraska will gave until the Ohio Strate game. One interesting subplot about Wyoming is their defensive depth. They only rotated out 5 positions on D vs. Northern Illinois.

Nebraska played reserves at every Defensive position before halftime vs. Fresno.

Nebraska did not play reserves at DT until the second half. And reserve DT's only played 3 snaps for us before the 5 minute mark in the 4th. (At least that is what I saw from my rewatch, please correct me if I am wrong)

The heaviest defensive lineman for Wyoming is 279. We should be able to impose our will. On the other hand they have a very big offensive line.

I still think we win easily.

Nebraska by at least 2 TDs. Anything less, hang your heads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT