ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming prediction thread

Crushinator

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 26, 2010
Olympia, Washington
It's Thursday already, and we're just two days away from another glorious Saturday. What do you expect to see this game from DONU?

Offensively: More passing (I know, not much of a reach there). I'm thinking more of a 65/35 run to pass split.

Defensively: Playing to stop the run and coral the QB. I can see about 150 yards given up on the ground, and about the same through the air.

Score: 38-17 NU

I like the prediction, but I'm going to go a bit more on a limb and call for a bigger margin. I think the offense starts humming and the D gets better with the return of Gerry.

Nebraska 52
Wyoming 13

I like the prediction, but I'm going to go a bit more on a limb and call for a bigger margin. I think the offense starts humming and the D gets better with the return of Gerry.

Nebraska 52
Wyoming 13
I like your thinking. I just feel like both teams will be playing to shorten the game, keeping the score down a bit.

I think we will be more potent on offense this week, more polished on special teams, less emotional, more disciplined, and even more aggressive on defense with Gerry and Reed back. Also, we get Reilly back on offense which is huge. We will have first game jitters behind us and Wyoming has to contend with 90,000 fans.
I smell a big win.
48-10

38-20 NU. Hoping to see improved special teams play and offensive passing game. The offense that showed up against Fresno St will not beat Oregon.

Reactions: jeans15
Hey guys, not trying to hijack this thread, but my situation in a nutshell is I'm out of state for school. Can I record the game from home and watch it on my laptop? Btw Huskers roll 49-24.

Hey guys, not trying to hijack this thread, but my situation in a nutshell is I'm out of state for school. Can I record the game from home and watch it on my laptop? Btw Huskers roll 49-24.

Edit: oops I thought it was on the BTN network. If you have ESPN through your cable provider you should be able to watch it on ESPN3 later in the day

Reactions: iROOT4nu
Better start, but slow for awhile before finishing off in the 4th again.

NU 37
WY 17

It's Thursday already, and we're just two days away from another glorious Saturday. What do you expect to see this game from DONU?

Offensively: More passing (I know, not much of a reach there). I'm thinking more of a 65/35 run to pass split.

Defensively: Playing to stop the run and coral the QB. I can see about 150 yards given up on the ground, and about the same through the air.

Score: 38-17 NU
35-17..GBR

Huskers- 52
Cowboys- 0

The biggest jump usually happens between the first the second game. Gerry's return spark on defense to a shutout while the offense opens things up.

Reactions: inorbit
Huskers - 27
Wyoming - 17

Until Nebraska proves they can actually come out inspired and ready to play for an 11 am Kickoff, I'm never going to pick them to cover.

Huskers- 52
Cowboys- 0

The biggest jump usually happens between the first the second game. Gerry's return spark on defense to a shutout while the offense opens things up.

While it is generally true that is when you see improvement, both teams would generally improve, not just one's own team.

I love the fans that understate expectations by predicting losses and close games. Maybe they really feel that way, but my experience has been that it is a way to manage the potential disappointment.

Wyoming is coming off an OT win over Northern Illinois. They have won 5 games in the past two years combined, have an undersized DLine and by a Wyoming fan's own admission they have 8 guys, MAX, that would even play at Nebraska.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I love the fans that understate expectations by predicting losses and close games. Maybe they really feel that way, but my experience has been that it is a way to manage the potential disappointment.

Wyoming is coming off an OT win over Northern Illinois. They have won 5 games in the past two years combined, have an undersized DLine and by a Wyoming fan's own admission they have 8 guys, MAX, that would even play at Nebraska.

No two games are the same, but IMO..Wyoming will be a tougher test for the Huskers than Fresno was. And, Fresno was in that game until the fourth quarter despite us really dominating for the majority of the game. Early game, Wyoming normally plays us tough...this staff has a history of playing to it's competition. It would not surprise me if we won by 5 touchdowns or 1 touchdown.

Oh I understand where people are coming from. Losing to Illinois and Purdue will make you gun shy.

But people still tend to overvalue opponents. As you said Nebraska was in control of the Fresno game even though the score didn't indicate the level of dominance until the 4th qtr. The number of running plays also will shorten the game considerably.

I doubt Nebraska ran 10 different offensive plays in that game.

Wyoming defense doesn't scare me. In the NIU game, their safeties were overcommitted to the run. Their corners are about 5'9" and won't be able to match up with Reilly, Westy and Morgan. They are ripe for simple play option pass. Then when they drop the safeties, their run defense will be suspect because the DLine is giving up 20 plus pounds per dude.

Offensively they ran the ball 50 times against NIU. They won't be able to to do that successfully against Nebraska.

Like I said I understand being gun shy, I just don't see this being the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT