ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Mazour

Oct 12, 2016
Wow, didn't realize this kid runs a sub 4.4 forty! Clocked in at 4.35 in high school. Squat over 500lbs in HS while 5'9' 190. He is now around 5'9' 200lbs. Danny Woodhead was impressed. This kid is legit.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Out of Wilbon, and Wyatt I hope one really surprises us. Ozigbo just get too big?

I read somewhere Zig has like lingering back issue or something. Some sort of condition that in some people, lasts a lifetime.

I read somewhere Zig has like lingering back issue or something. Some sort of condition that in some people, lasts a lifetime.

I sure hope not, we need a good power back. It will be interesting, I wish I hadn't deleted my spring game recording.

that kid was unstoppable in the state finals against the best C1 defense two years ago. There is nothing that kid can do that would surprise me.

hellva athlete who I got to see play in highschool. given the opportunity he is going to turn some heads, if he was from Omaha Lincoln, Denver, st louis he would have been a scolly player and whatnot, but since he was C1 he had to earn his way by working his ass off, great kid great work ethic and I believe he is going to surprise a lot of fans this year.

Mazour is why I think the staff is not hitting the panic button on RB recruiting this cycle. They want one to be sure, but they're not out there casting a wide net for any old warm bodies to line up behind the QB.

He showed a lot of versatility in the spring game, and what I particularly liked about him is his leg drive and how he finishes runs. He's not gonna fold the tent just because some DL gets a hand on him, he fights for yardage. Seemed to my eyes to be reading his angles well and making good cuts.

Depending on how the WR situation pans out with injuries, it wouldn't shock me to see them split him out in a couple of packages.

Mazour is why I think the staff is not hitting the panic button on RB recruiting this cycle. They want one to be sure, but they're not out there casting a wide net for any old warm bodies to line up behind the QB.

He showed a lot of versatility in the spring game, and what I particularly liked about him is his leg drive and how he finishes runs. He's not gonna fold the tent just because some DL gets a hand on him, he fights for yardage. Seemed to my eyes to be reading his angles well and making good cuts.

Depending on how the WR situation pans out with injuries, it wouldn't shock me to see them split him out in a couple of packages.

And Graham Roberts is basically in the bag if they wanted one. I think they feel they might need the scholly for a Tufanga or maybe even a Parsons. Even a Griffith is a +1 over our DB quota for this year. They still look to be taking 1-2 DL as well (2 would be another +1 situation).

hellva athlete who I got to see play in highschool. given the opportunity he is going to turn some heads, if he was from Omaha Lincoln, Denver, st louis he would have been a scolly player and whatnot, but since he was C1 he had to earn his way by working his ass off, great kid great work ethic and I believe he is going to surprise a lot of fans this year.

In all fairness, Nebraska C1 has produced 8 D1 signees the last 3 Recruiting cycles.

Wyatt's hurdle for a scholarship was he played QB in high school. If he plays at a bigger school, he likely gets to show off his skills solely as a tailback.

Reactions: Dean Pope
In all fairness, Nebraska C1 has produced 8 D1 signees the last 3 Recruiting cycles.

Wyatt's hurdle for a scholarship was he played QB in high school. If he plays at a bigger school, he likely gets to show off his skills solely as a tailback.
8 in three years divided between all those teams-- is that supposed to be a lot? There are single high schools here where I live in Michigan that have 8 D1 players nearly every year.

Reactions: imahusker
8 in three years divided between all those teams-- is that supposed to be a lot? There are single high schools here where I live in Michigan that have 8 D1 players nearly every year.

Well, the state of Nebraska at the Class A level only produces maybe 2-3 guys a year a school like NU would maybe offer.

C1 cranking out 8 D1 in a 3 year time frame I think is better than most expect.

Those C1 schools have less than 251 total students.
Hmm. So if there are 20 C1 schools, then each of those schools average 13 students in the entire school. That would make for roughly 3 seniors per C1 school, with 1 or 2 boys and 1 or 2 girls (prom must be depressing!).

Hmm. So if there are 20 C1 schools, then each of those schools average 13 students in the entire school. That would make for roughly 3 seniors per C1 school, with 1 or 2 boys and 1 or 2 girls (prom must be depressing!).
What? He means total per school. So about 125 boys per school.
Im guessing the school in michigan you referenced has a lot more than 125 boys and is in an urban area.

Well, the state of Nebraska at the Class A level only produces maybe 2-3 guys a year a school like NU would maybe offer.

C1 cranking out 8 D1 in a 3 year time frame I think is better than most expect.
Not to open a different topic in this thread, but probably all of the D-1 athletes from smaller schools played multiple sports.

Those C1 schools have less than 251 total students.

That number is from a 3-class count. So those school's theoretically have [their number x 1.33] students, or up to 334 at the highest in the class.

But your point remains, C1 schools are likely much smaller than the ones Artguy is talking about.

What? He means total per school. So about 125 boys per school.
Im guessing the school in michigan you referenced has a lot more than 125 boys and is in an urban area.
Um, your math is strange. Let's put it this way. How many boys are in all of C1? How many boys are in one urban high school. Which number do you think is far greater? Let me answer for you: C1 by a large margin. Now, how many boys are there in 3 years? Let me answer: a WHOLE lot more than the number of seniors boys in one urban high school. AND YET, in three years they produce 8 D1 players, equal to the number that one urban high school produces in one year.

Um, your math is strange. Let's put it this way. How many boys are in all of C1? How many boys are in one urban high school. Which number do you think is far greater? Let me answer for you: C1 by a large margin. Now, how many boys are there in 3 years? Let me answer: a WHOLE lot more than the number of seniors boys in one urban high school. AND YET, in three years they produce 8 D1 players, equal to the number that one urban high school produces in one year.

Somehow a thread about a dynamic walk-on has once again devolved into a bunch of guys arguing over math and stuff. Well done gents. You derailed this thread very nicely.
who_cares_family_guy.gif

Somehow a thread about a dynamic walk-on has once again devolved into a bunch of guys arguing over math and stuff. Well done gents. You derailed this thread very nicely.
who_cares_family_guy.gif
Go ahead and talk about the dynamic walk-on, then. Nobody is stopping you!

Go ahead and talk about the dynamic walk-on, then. Nobody is stopping you!
Ok, if you insist. I will repeat what I thought after the spring game. I watched a very tough small back that wasn't easy to tackle, and was a nightmare for linebackers when he released out of the backfield. I said then I felt this walk-on will get several touches or minimum several plays every game to throw a monkey wrench into defenses. Thats my take. Can we get back on topic now?

So does this urban area only have one high school? I doubt it. Why doesn't every high school in this urban area produce 8 D1 players per year? I would imagine the enrollments are fairly equal.

FTR, it will be great if Mazour develops and into an offensive weapon. He has the wheels, and it looks like he may have the want. As for this big HS D1 factory, maybe:
1. It has a very good football program.
2. Maybe the kids really focus on FB development. NE C1 kids play multiple sports, esp the good ones.
3. Maybe the year was just a year of really good kids.
4. How many of these kids were low D1?

Reactions: imahusker
Ok, if you insist. I will repeat what I thought after the spring game. I watched a very tough small back that wasn't easy to tackle, and was a nightmare for linebackers when he released out of the backfield. I said then I felt this walk-on will get several touches or minimum several plays every game to throw a monkey wrench into defenses. Thats my take. Can we get back on topic now?
Look at the conversation you started! Wow!

Reactions: resdog851
My point about the number of signees from Nebraska Class C1 is Mazour didn't miss out on D1 Scholarships because of the class he played in High School. That's the only reason I brought it up.

Wyatt was a 5'8 running back playing QB on a Spread Option team. There was really too much speculation about which position suited him best. That held back offers at the D1 level. His nearly 600 all purpose yards and 7 TD's vs Ashland - Greenwood in the 2014 C1 State Title Game is one of the most dominant performances in Nebraska HS Football history:

My point about the number of signees from Nebraska Class C1 is Mazour didn't miss out on D1 Scholarships because of the class he played in High School. That's the only reason I brought it up.

Wyatt was a 5'8 running back playing QB on a Spread Option team. There was really too much speculation about which position suited him best. That held back offers at the D1 level. His nearly 600 all purpose yards and 7 TD's vs Ashland - Greenwood in the 2014 C1 State Title Game is one of the most dominant performances in Nebraska HS Football history:

Reminds me of what Jordan Westerkamp and Ty Issac did in their Illinois championship game back in 2011. Ridiculous.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/hi...245/isaac-westerkamp-break-records-in-5a-game

Reactions: Cornicator
Reactions: dinglefritz

Good God, was the strategy to let him run til he got tired?

Reactions: artguy68
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT