ADVERTISEMENT

Wva. Holgorson.

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
Not surprised that he went to Houston. But the quickness that wva hired Troy's Neal surprised me

It has been no secret that Holgorsen was going to Houston. They were just waiting on January 1 to get here so that his buyout would drop to $1 mil from like $3 mil. Still a quick turnaround, but they had more than the few days from the day Holgerson left to the day Brown was hired.

Don't disagree with Hastings or tuco. Sorry, Tuco. Just surprised at the speed. Maybe thought Neal could do better.

Reactions: Hastings4Huskers
I think that WV and Holgerson have been at odds over a contract extension for a little while and when talks broke down, it was assumed that DH would leave sooner than later. I’m sure their AD had already pulled that list out of his desk drawer.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I think that WV and Holgerson have been at odds over a contract extension for a little while and when talks broke down, it was assumed that DH would leave sooner than later. I’m sure their AD had already pulled that list out of his desk drawer.
Probably true. No. Just plain true. Not surprised by holgorson move. Surprised by the speed of wva

WVU fans were never big on DH and pretty clear from the way the AD handled his buyout that he was waiting him out. Would think the contract for the new dude was printed and ready to sign before Dana left for Houston.

West Virginia is probably harder to recruit to than Houston, even though they are a power 5 school and Houston is not.

They are an island surrounded by ACC and B1G schools. If you thought Nebraska was an odd fit for the B1G , I don't even know how West Virginia fans feel about being in the Big 12.

That conference should have added Memphis, Cincy and UCF when they were discussing expansion.

Would take WVU relevance in football (pre-Frost) and basketball the last 10 years over DONU....

ADVERTISEMENT