ADVERTISEMENT

Wut ????? A NEW national anthem for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

starbrown

Walk On
Dec 4, 2011

The Houston Texans could not decide, as a team, how to handle the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner and the “Black National Anthem.” Therefore, they decided as a team to remain in the locker room. The Chiefs, however, elected to stay and stood arm-in-arm during the playing of both songs.

How long has this been around?

EhlkjI_UwAAMUrI

So glad I gave up on professional sports over 10 years ago. I used to be the biggest college basketball fan and let that go after all of the many rules changes to help the offense. My last vestige in sports was college football (and being a husker fan has been hard over the last couple decades) but where everything has been going with paying players, especially after cancelling the season, I'm ready to not care about any of it at all. Laying on a blanket with my wife drinking wine has been way more enjoyable. I'm thinking more of that and less of all these bozos.

The Houston Texans could not decide, as a team, how to handle the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner and the “Black National Anthem.” Therefore, they decided as a team to remain in the locker room. The Chiefs, however, elected to stay and stood arm-in-arm during the playing of both songs.

EhlkjI_UwAAMUrI

Didn't you know, that just because you are white that you are racist?

I guess that means the only way to get rid of racism is to get rid of all white people.

EhlkjI_UwAAMUrI

I was annoyed with how long it took to get the game going, two songs and a show of unity between teams on the field. Hope it’s not the norm but if it is I’ll still watch the game.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

EhlkjI_UwAAMUrI
I coached jr high girls basketball for 5 years. All this "professional" athletics stuff seems to be on par with jr-high-level theater.🙄

So glad I gave up on professional sports over 10 years ago. I used to be the biggest college basketball fan and let that go after all of the many rules changes to help the offense. My last vestige in sports was college football (and being a husker fan has been hard over the last couple decades) but where everything has been going with paying players, especially after cancelling the season, I'm ready to not care about any of it at all. Laying on a blanket with my wife drinking wine has been way more enjoyable. I'm thinking more of that and less of all these bozos.
So:

Did tonight's protest/ non-football activities contain violence? Nope.

Aside from the songs, was the protest silent? Yes.

Was any property destroyed during this form of protest? Nope.

Did this form of protest inconvenience anyone? Nope.

Given all of that, what the f*** are you complaining about?

So:

Did tonight's protest/ non-football activities contain violence? Nope.

Aside from the songs, was the protest silent? Yes.

Was any property destroyed during this form of protest? Nope.

Did this form of protest inconvenience anyone? Nope.

Given all of that, what the f*** are you complaining about?

My right. The biggest vote in the country is the dollar vote. Most people don't realize it and the government has been doing their best to devalue the dollar at every turn to diminish that vote. None of my dollars (other than those that the government steal from me) are going to go to support the destruction of America.

My right. The biggest vote in the country is the dollar vote. Most people don't realize it and the government has been doing their best to devalue the dollar at every turn to diminish that vote. None of my dollars (other than those that the government steal from me) are going to go to support the destruction of America.
I never said you couldn't complain. I asked what you were complaining about. "My right" really isn't an answer, unless you were complaining about your right.

I didn't realize that the folks kneeling on the field tonight were out before and after the game destroying America.

Meanwhile, I think there's a tin foil sale at your local Wal-Mart.

I never said you couldn't complain. I asked what you were complaining about. "My right" really isn't an answer, unless you were complaining about your right.

I didn't realize that the folks kneeling on the field tonight were out before and after the game destroying America.

Meanwhile, I think there's a tin foil sale at your local Wal-Mart.

No tin foil, but I'm assuming you are a part of the war mongering counter "intelligence".

No tin foil, but I'm assuming you are a part of the war mongering counter "intelligence".

Ha ha......

Between your comment and the "objectivity" of your link, it is very clear that you're a tin foil hat wearer. The only question is do you fold the foil into a derby, cowboy hat, or the tri-point hat of the American Revolution era?

Yes, I am in fact, part of the war mongering counter intelligence.

Ha ha......

Between your comment and the "objectivity" of your link, it is very clear that you're a tin foil hat wearer. The only question is do you fold the foil into a derby, cowboy hat, or the tri-point hat of the American Revolution era?

Yes, I am in fact, part of the war mongering counter intelligence.

Thought so. Truth always hidden in the weak ass sarcasm.

Reactions: wkato and starbrown
Cool story bro

EhlkjI_UwAAMUrI
I became aware of it in 2000. The school I was teaching at in Texas would play it after the anthem at games. I'm all for no anthem just play the game. I love how Euro soccer has a starting time and they start....no pregame nonsense just play

Reactions: nu2u
I missed the playing of the "Black National Anthem." I was thinking that all of this was designed to bring people together, but it seems more and more like we're moving towards dividing and labeling things based on race. What about the millions of black people who thought they already had an anthem? Weird-ass times. I guess I must just be privileged to think that the national anthem applied to every american.

This is the best ever - from way back in the day . . .

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Didn't you know, that just because you are white that you are racist?

I guess that means the only way to get rid of racism is to get rid of all white people.

But, don't worry, once we get rid of all the white people, we won't have to worry about all those pesky things white people are into like:

Self Reliance
Independence and autonomy
Action oriented
Decision-making
Protect property
Intent counts
Hard work is the key to success
Objective, rational, linear thinking
Respect authority
Plan for the future
Delayed gratification
Progress is always best

And if you can't see it with your liberal blinders on, this is some extremely racist ish.

You stopped watching college basketball because of rule changes

NBA that bled into college (time constraints). Other things I would rather spend my life doing. Focus on the DOING, not watching. Pretty much the last days of disco here. I was one of the biggest Husker football fans throughout my life and am almost content to just let it go now. If I'm at this point, we are pretty much at the end.

Reactions: BigRedLar
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT