ADVERTISEMENT

Wut ????? A NEW national anthem for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that yell “land of the Chiefs” or “Lancers” or whatever at the end of the anthem deserve what’s coming to them for disrespecting the national anthem and our troops abroad. How dare they desecrate the flag like that my grandpa served in WWII and even has a Nazi helmet from the African campaign and he came back and would be appalled at the gall of these “fans” if he were still alive. If you don’t like it here then leave. Sickening.

Go do that somewhere else

NBA that bled into college (time constraints). Other things I would rather spend my life doing. Focus on the DOING, not watching. Pretty much the last days of disco here. I was one of the biggest Husker football fans throughout my life and am almost content to just let it go now. If I'm at this point, we are pretty much at the end.
Then quit wasting your time here and hit the road Jack since you’re pretty much content.. imagine bitching about players wanting to stand for unity! Who knew it was going to cause so much consternation in middle America. Unreal

Reactions: rednwash
Well, they can do whatever they want because I will not be watching a single NFL game despite liking and missing football. When it becomes about promoting political causes of any kind, I'm out. I get enough politics with just the daily news. Don't need or want any more mixed in with sports. And especially that being promoted by multi-million dollar players or super rich entities like the NFL. JMO. Others can watch all they want.

Reactions: starbrown
. If I'm at this point, we are pretty much at the end.
OGC.0729925be9f6274cecc80533328d7cbe

My right. The biggest vote in the country is the dollar vote. Most people don't realize it and the government has been doing their best to devalue the dollar at every turn to diminish that vote. None of my dollars (other than those that the government steal from me) are going to go to support the destruction of America.
well see maybe thats your problem . many americans believe it has already been destroyed and they are trying to build it better.

Ha ha......

Between your comment and the "objectivity" of your link, it is very clear that you're a tin foil hat wearer. The only question is do you fold the foil into a derby, cowboy hat, or the tri-point hat of the American Revolution era?

Yes, I am in fact, part of the war mongering counter intelligence.

So you get an opinion and he doesn't? To go along with that if he states his opinion you get the right to squash it and he wears the tin foil hat. Maybe its you wearing the hat and you just don't realize it. If your life sucks, guess what, you made poor ass decisions and you're trying to compensate for that much like quite a few others. Suck it up cupcake, life isn't easy and we all have barriers we have to navigate.

Apparently separate but equal is making a comeback.
Outside of the dangers that come with balkanization (which is pervasive in human nature), its not a sentiment that can be dismissed out of hand. The problem with it is how you define "equal" and to what extent should it be enforced or remediated.

this is off topic, but I thought this was a pretty good fight.

been getting my sporting fix here:

So glad I gave up on professional sports over 10 years ago. I used to be the biggest college basketball fan and let that go after all of the many rules changes to help the offense. My last vestige in sports was college football (and being a husker fan has been hard over the last couple decades) but where everything has been going with paying players, especially after cancelling the season, I'm ready to not care about any of it at all. Laying on a blanket with my wife drinking wine has been way more enjoyable. I'm thinking more of that and less of all these bozos.
When sports stops being about sports and becomes all political and agenda slanted - it lost me!

It was a good game. Seemed like a scrimmage for Mahomes and the Chiefs. A light workout. Edwards Helaire is going to be a great player. The Texans are not good. The money they payed Watson is laughable. 7 wins is optimistic I'd venture.

Fans booing at the game was more about the signs being flashed than any show of player unity. AHEM BLM. People have some strong feelings about BLM. They are not stupid. They know that they are avowed marxists, anti-family, anti male, basically reverse racist. I would be booing lustily at those signs too.

are these activists stupid or they really crafty? im beginning to think they want segregation again all in the name of blm and the average black citizens will be the ones that suffer
Why? Do black people need white people to thrive? As a race they have proven over and over again that they can be successful without any assistance from any other race.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You’re giving all this stuff wayyyyyy too much credit.

External influence <<< family values every time.

You are not paying attention if you don't think the nuclear family is the first thing they went after and have successfully destroyed.
How many people are raised in "traditional" families?
Big Gov't & Big Corp. are now one.
Individualism replaced by collectivism.
Identity replaced merit.
The rights of the immoral trump the rights of the moral.
If you think America in 2020 resembles America in 1969 you are wrong. Where was China in 1969 and where are they now? Tell me about our manufacturing base then and now? You do realize that manufacturing base allowed for a large middle class. And you can't have a functioning healthy society without a large optimistic middle class.

The boiling frog is a fable describing a frog being slowly boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if the frog is put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to or be aware of sinister threats that arise gradually rather than suddenly.

It was a good game. Seemed like a scrimmage for Mahomes and the Chiefs. A light workout. Edwards Helaire is going to be a great player. The Texans are not good. The money they payed Watson is laughable. 7 wins is optimistic I'd venture.

Fans booing at the game was more about the signs being flashed than any show of player unity. AHEM BLM. People have some strong feelings about BLM. They are not stupid. They know that they are avowed marxists, anti-family, anti male, basically reverse racist. I would be booing lustily at those signs too.

A friend at the game said the booing was because the Texans were walking onto the field and had nothing to do with the demonstration. Pretty common occurrence and bad timing.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You are not paying attention if you don't think the nuclear family is the first thing they went after and have successfully destroyed.
How many people are raised in "traditional" families?
Big Gov't & Big Corp. are now one.
Individualism replaced by collectivism.
Identity replaced merit.
The rights of the immoral trump the rights of the moral.
If you think America in 2020 resembles America in 1969 you are wrong. Where was China in 1969 and where are they now? Tell me about our manufacturing base then and now? You do realize that manufacturing base allowed for a large middle class. And you can't have a functioning healthy society without a large optimistic middle class.

The boiling frog is a fable describing a frog being slowly boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if the frog is put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to or be aware of sinister threats that arise gradually rather than suddenly.
when I look out my window, I see parents taking their kids to the park.

some people are not equipped to handle all of the 'news' coming at them. go outside and have a look around, friend.

Reactions: schuele
So glad I gave up on professional sports over 10 years ago. I used to be the biggest college basketball fan and let that go after all of the many rules changes to help the offense. My last vestige in sports was college football (and being a husker fan has been hard over the last couple decades) but where everything has been going with paying players, especially after cancelling the season, I'm ready to not care about any of it at all. Laying on a blanket with my wife drinking wine has been way more enjoyable. I'm thinking more of that and less of all these bozos.

I hear ya......I too let go of the NFL about 15 years ago. I don't miss it at all. Just like you NU cfb is the last sports thing I love and the snowflakes are doing their best to destroy that too.

Well.....I'll hope for the best.

Personally, I've never been more excited to watch NFL football than I am this year.

I've been seeing a lot of videos today on social media about 9/11 and how the sports community reacted. I remember Mike Piazza hitting a home run against my beloved Atlanta Braves and actually feeling good as the crowd went absolutely bonkers. I'm reminded of how it feels when we're united as a community despite cheering for one team vs another. I get chills watching that video. That's the power of sports!

I understand why for some people it feels like the country is pushing back on you. In many ways they are, but it doesn't mean that the message is inherently bad. I also empathize with those who have been made to feel so defensive that they are no longer listening to what the other side has to say. If the message is making you shut down, then I think they've failed.

If you're on the side that feels like you need to make your voice heard to push for positive change in this country, then I support it. I don't always think the method in which the message is being communicated is perfect, but I can still feel the spirit of it and I'm all for making our country a better place. And for those who feel like they have to quit watching, I guess I understand it. I just hope that at some point, you'll come back and consider that all the attempts at unity are not meant to be an attack on you. And if you can get past that, then maybe we've all got a shot at feeling that immense power of standing and cheering together even if we're technically on different teams.

I became aware of it in 2000. The school I was teaching at in Texas would play it after the anthem at games. I'm all for no anthem just play the game. I love how Euro soccer has a starting time and they start....no pregame nonsense just play

Another example of wanting to take away a positive ritual for an unstated reason. Tell me if you know why the anthem became part of the spectacle in the first place?

As long as no one has a bible verse on their eye black stickers we should be fine. 🙄
i hope none of the recruits see this message board. they probably wouldn't love the lack of support for their opinions from many neb fans.
I hear ya......I too let go of the NFL about 15 years ago. I don't miss it at all. Just like you NU cfb is the last sports thing I love and the snowflakes are doing their best to destroy that too.

Well.....I'll hope for the best.
its not the fans deciding this stuff. its the players. if you dont like the nebraska players opinions thats fine. i guess you can not like the players and still hope they win so you can feel good about yourself for a day

Personally, I've never been more excited to watch NFL football than I am this year.

I've been seeing a lot of videos today on social media about 9/11 and how the sports community reacted. I remember Mike Piazza hitting a home run against my beloved Atlanta Braves and actually feeling good as the crowd went absolutely bonkers. I'm reminded of how it feels when we're united as a community despite cheering for one team vs another. I get chills watching that video. That's the power of sports!

I understand why for some people it feels like the country is pushing back on you. In many ways they are, but it doesn't mean that the message is inherently bad. I also empathize with those who have been made to feel so defensive that they are no longer listening to what the other side has to say. If the message is making you shut down, then I think they've failed.

If you're on the side that feels like you need to make your voice heard to push for positive change in this country, then I support it. I don't always think the method in which the message is being communicated is perfect, but I can still feel the spirit of it and I'm all for making our country a better place. And for those who feel like they have to quit watching, I guess I understand it. I just hope that at some point, you'll come back and consider that all the attempts at unity are not meant to be an attack on you. And if you can get past that, then maybe we've all got a shot at feeling that immense power of standing and cheering together even if we're technically on different teams.

Unity is great, its the underlying and overt messaging around what is taking place at the moment that is immeasurably cynical, misleading, and ultimately what will lead to further division. It is the ultimate "wolf in sheep's clothing."

Another example of wanting to take away a positive ritual for an unstated reason. Tell me if you know why the anthem became part of the spectacle in the first place?
Black history month is when I first heard it. I don't know too much about the history of the song but I do know it was written in the early 1900s

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT