ADVERTISEMENT

WTH?! Is Moos Channeling his inner Shawn Eichorst?

dckchusker

Walk On
Apr 3, 2012
Considering backing out of the NU-OU game in '21?! No friggin' way! I'll contribute to a GoFundMe to make this happen. I don't care if it's a beatdown. Nut up and play the game! OU put up with NU beating the snot out of them a couple times in '90s when they had gone off the rails. I remember one Sooner after the 69-7 game in '97 saying he didn't want the rivalry to end because you learn to be the best by playing the best. That's when I knew OU would find its way back eventually. Play. The. Game.

Considering backing out of the NU-OU game in '21?! No friggin' way! I'll contribute to a GoFundMe to make this happen. I don't care if it's a beatdown. Nut up and play the game! OU put up with NU beating the snot out of them a couple times in '90s when they had gone off the rails. I remember one Sooner after the 69-7 game in '97 saying he didn't want the rivalry to end because you learn to be the best by playing the best. That's when I knew OU would find its way back eventually. Play. The. Game.
This is not correct. You will whine to high heaven if it is a beat down, as will everyone else...

Sad and pathetic. If true what it means is Frost is running scared. It means he doesn’t think his team will be competitive this Fall. If he thought he had a damn decent team to put on the field this Fall, he would not be worried about a probable loss to OU. Plenty of season to make up for that. But this makes it seem as if he is expecting the OU game to be an embarrassment and the rest of the season a struggle for wins. What message does this send to his players?

Yet another reason for apathy toward this program. How can we get excited about this season when the coach doesn’t seem to be?

Sad and pathetic. If true what it means is Frost is running scared. It means he doesn’t think his team will be competitive this Fall. If he thought he had a damn decent team to put on the field this Fall, he would not be worried about a probable loss to OU. Plenty of season to make up for that. But this makes it seem as if he is expecting the OU game to be an embarrassment and the rest of the season a struggle for wins. What message does this send to his players?

Yet another reason for apathy toward this program. How can we get excited about this season when the coach doesn’t seem to be?

I’m blaming Moos of even thinking of such a notion...😡

Nebraska should play at Zero U. this year. That written, OU did go whining and run the other way after we beat the snot out of them from 1991-1995. They asked the Big XII not to schedule Nebraska as an annual protected rivalry game.

Sad and pathetic. If true what it means is Frost is running scared. It means he doesn’t think his team will be competitive this Fall. What message does this send to his players?

The message to the players is that putting them out there against OU would be more of an embarrassment than paying millions to avoid playing them. Think about that one! And that message is coming from your head coach.

As for apathy, I am always amazed at the resilience of Husker fans! Traveling to all of those away games in recent years to watch our team lose, sometimes without even competing. And yet, they still come back for more. Now this... At some point, the diehards are going to start to realize that they have better things to do with their time and money, and start watching more games from the comfort of their own home. Moves like this one only accelerate that process.

I guess we have truly become Kansas State of the 70s-early 80s. Maybe we should just fill the nonconference schedule with FCS teams like Snyder used to do to so we don't crack the fragile confidence. Jeez.

I guess we have truly become Kansas State of the 70s-early 80s. Maybe we should just fill the nonconference schedule with FCS teams like Snyder used to do to so we don't crack the fragile confidence. Jeez.

Hey, dont underestimate the extreme confidence that knocking off a few cupcakes can do to a program.

Hey, dont underestimate the extreme confidence that knocking off a few cupcakes can do to a program.
Yes, just look at how those early wins over McNeese State, Doane, North Dakota and South Dakota paid off for the NU hoops team this year.

the players sent a message loud and clear, right in line with this thinking at the end of last season.

culture sure is something.

too bad ours is 'for losers, by losers'

Sad to see this. To my surprise probably a majority of the OU Rivals fans, almost all from the 90's or later, think it is no big deal. Guys like me who go back to the 1959 game in Lincoln think otherwise but guess we are outnumbered. Hope to see the Huskers in Norman in Sept. And planning a trip to Lincoln next year.

Damn shame the Nebraska coach doesn't even think his team is as good as Iowa State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT