ADVERTISEMENT

WTH happened to Kade Warner

Solana Beach Husker

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008
Seems to me to be the most important skill player on offense...we need a bigger body receiver who can act as a reliable outlet for AM. And it seems like he isn't even part of the team. No questions from media...who is AM going to go to on third down?

I think he's more than dinged up but Frost won't ever confirm anything.

Seems to me to be the most important skill player on offense...we need a bigger body receiver who can act as a reliable outlet for AM. And it seems like he isn't even part of the team. No questions from media...who is AM going to go to on third down?
We need his perimeter blocking for sure, but "most important skill player"?? JD had almost 1,000 receiving yards last year and AM was Freshman All-American

I was just going to say I thought I saw him in a jersey and no pads on the sidelines against USA. The fact that Sip said he is in pads today infers that was an accurate observation.

We need his perimeter blocking for sure, but "most important skill player"?? JD had almost 1,000 receiving yards last year and AM was Freshman All-American
How good was JD on Saturday? Lol.....you do know that an offense can't function with one WR, especially without a strong run game...we are going to be in 3rd and long a lot. Having Kade allows JD to work 1 on 1 or at least allows AM to throw to someone he trusts. The other guys are completely unproven and there is probably a reason. A qb doesn't like to throw to guys that haven't proven they can go get the ball. This is certainly one reason why AM held onto the ball so long in game 1...he was comfortable with basically JD and Wandale...so yes...Kade is very important for this particular team and situation.

Agreed there. This year we have 3 dynamic players in JD Speilman, Maurice Washington and Wan’dale Robinson. And that’s just at WR/RB. We need to feed those 3 the ball every game...all game long if possible. Then use Jack Stoll, K Noa, Warner and the other guys to help keep things honest. If Adrain Martinez does that and then our offense will be literally unstoppable.

Last edited:
Noa should be reliable. He caught a lot of balls at Cal.

I’m guessing he gets a few balls thrown his way this Saturday for sure. We will see our dynamic 3 get a lot of touches Saturday as well (JD, W Robinson and M Washington). We will definitely play to win.

How good was JD on Saturday? Lol.....you do know that an offense can't function with one WR, especially without a strong run game...we are going to be in 3rd and long a lot. Having Kade allows JD to work 1 on 1 or at least allows AM to throw to someone he trusts. The other guys are completely unproven and there is probably a reason. A qb doesn't like to throw to guys that haven't proven they can go get the ball. This is certainly one reason why AM held onto the ball so long in game 1...he was comfortable with basically JD and Wandale...so yes...Kade is very important for this particular team and situation.
Let me get this straight... if we don’t get Kade back this weekend, we are gonna suck on offense.

Got it.

Let me get this straight... if we don’t get Kade back this weekend, we are gonna suck on offense.

Got it.
There is more proof that we are gonna suck than play well. I can't understand how husker fans can think putting up big numbers against Minnesota, Illinois...then losing your #1 lineman, #1 Wr, #1 Rb...and then replacing them with freshman, transfers somehow equates to proof that our offense is good. As far as I can tell UCF is as good offensively since Frost left,...so I don't see him as a wizard who can muster offense out of thin air. He is a good to great offensive coach who relies on talent...last Saturday we didn't have the bodies to be successful. The bad snaps were logical, Mills missing the few holes was logical, AM not finding not open receivers was logical. The offense looked terrified because they have no leadership. They will be good by November...but this is barely September. Nebraska hasn't won a road game for 26 months, we have multiple freshman and true sophomores who we are relying on. Again, the expectations should be 8-9 wins...and an average team can get 8 wins with our schedule but I fully expect it will get worse on offense before it gets better. I expect our offense to look much better by Wisky after the bye...but before then all bets are off.

I like Warner, he's a solid player. But someday he and Vedral and Mazour are all going to see the field at the same time, and there will be much wood.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
There is more proof that we are gonna suck than play well. I can't understand how husker fans can think putting up big numbers against Minnesota, Illinois...then losing your #1 lineman, #1 Wr, #1 Rb...and then replacing them with freshman, transfers somehow equates to proof that our offense is good. As far as I can tell UCF is as good offensively since Frost left,...so I don't see him as a wizard who can muster offense out of thin air. He is a good to great offensive coach who relies on talent...last Saturday we didn't have the bodies to be successful. The bad snaps were logical, Mills missing the few holes was logical, AM not finding not open receivers was logical. The offense looked terrified because they have no leadership. They will be good by November...but this is barely September. Nebraska hasn't won a road game for 26 months, we have multiple freshman and true sophomores who we are relying on. Again, the expectations should be 8-9 wins...and an average team can get 8 wins with our schedule but I fully expect it will get worse on offense before it gets better. I expect our offense to look much better by Wisky after the bye...but before then all bets are off.
Ok, so even if Warner plays, we will suck. Got it.

Maybe make up your mind here?

I noticed Noa looked like he wasn’t suited up at Wednesday’s practice. Hope he’s ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT