ADVERTISEMENT

Wright State

ldiet

Senior
Jan 20, 2003
I live 45 minutes from Wright State, I can not see how a town with two street lights and
one yield sign out recruit Nebraska. Most people in Ohio do not know where
Wright State is located. And where would Nebraska be without three transfers, well
maybe looking for a new coach. At least they played well enough that I watched more
than a few games. Blowing bubbles in Ohio.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Agree with a lot of this. To me, basketball recruiting should be the easiest of college sports. CompredC to fb and baseball anyway. And it baffles me why we are not better. PBA is dang near sold out every game and weather is not a fctor. I scratch my head and then bang it against a brick wall over this

Wright State is not out-recruiting Nebraska. We have 7 former Top 150 recruits on our roster, and had another (Morrow) before he transferred.

The Big Ten is a step up from the Horizon League. Wright State has an advantageous location relative to many other mid-major schools, in that they are a short distance from many fertile basketball recruiting cities - Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, and Cleveland. They do have a very good coach, he built South Dakota State into a good mid-major program. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a job in a better league yet.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Wright State is not out-recruiting Nebraska. We have 7 former Top 150 recruits on our roster, and had another (Morrow) before he transferred.

The Big Ten is a step up from the Horizon League. Wright State has an advantageous location relative to many other mid-major schools, in that they are a short distance from many fertile basketball recruiting cities - Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, and Cleveland. They do have a very good coach, he built South Dakota State into a good mid-major program. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a job in a better league yet.
Like say at Nebraska?

They have a dynamite recruiting pitch which resonates with today's kids: "Son, wouldn't you rather go to the right state rather than the wrong state? Well, yes coach, I guess that does make sense. Well, son, we're the Wright State!"

They have a dynamite recruiting pitch which resonates with today's kids: "Son, wouldn't you rather go to the right state rather than the wrong state? Well, yes coach, I guess that does make sense. Well, son, we're the Wright State!"
Reminds me of "Why not Mynot?" a friend used to tell me about Mynot State in North Dakota.

It's all about the Dayton Flyers in that neck of the woods.

Wright State won their conference tournament to get in. Unless you are suggesting we eliminate small to midmajor programs inclusion, I don't understand your gripe with a 24-9 Horizon League team competing in their third ever NCAA tournament.

Can you name one player on their roster that Nebraska wanted and couldn't have?

March Madness is great because of teams like Wright State or Lehigh getting a chance to knock off a team of one and dones on the rare occasion.

If you are mad about Nebraska's bubble popping you should look at their overall profile, or the Big 12 getting Oklahoma and Texas in. Heck I don't think Syracuse deserved to get in.

Who cares about the Xaviers, Butlers, Gonzagas, VCUs, Wichita States or Davidsons or Creightons of the world before 1999?

I live 45 minutes from Wright State, I can not see how a town with two street lights and
one yield sign out recruit Nebraska. Most people in Ohio do not know where
Wright State is located. And where would Nebraska be without three transfers, well
maybe looking for a new coach. At least they played well enough that I watched more
than a few games. Blowing bubbles in Ohio.

They don't out recruit Nebraska. They may outperform Nebraska, but we have some serious talent on our roster. Recruiting isn't the issue with our program, at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT