ADVERTISEMENT

Wright and Mazzucca

My guess is that Mazz plays this week but won't "start" but will be in after the first play. That is just a guess though.

If what he did was not so bad that he would be kicked off the team AND he still played on FG units last week...it makes little sense to not start giving him more time.

My guess is that Mazz plays this week but won't "start" but will be in after the first play. That is just a guess though.

If what he did was not so bad that he would be kicked off the team AND he still played on FG units last week...it makes little sense to not start giving him more time.
They said he’s been doing what he was asked to do and protecting DR is imperative. Let the big guy play.

Sounds like he just needed recalibrating.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I feel bad for Wright. He's persevered through alot of adversity in his time at NU and seems like put himself into a position to start this year. He's already been here 6 years, so not sure a hardship year is possible or if he'd even been interested, or if he is done this year regardless. Maybe Tristan Gebbia can clarify.
Given other examples, 6 years is not a cap. I don't see why they wouldn't grant a hardship for this situation. Rhule had spoken about a possible return against the Boilermakers. Does anyone know if he dressed last week?

I feel bad for Wright. He's persevered through alot of adversity in his time at NU and seems like put himself into a position to start this year. He's already been here 6 years, so not sure a hardship year is possible or if he'd even been interested, or if he is done this year regardless. Maybe Tristan Gebbia can clarify.

Or Casey Thompson. Which one has more years in college?

There are kids who have played 7 or more years with hardships and covid year I bet he can play one more if he wants.
Have to exhaust eligibility then apply for hardship.

Yup, if you’re not cutting bait and moving on then it’s time to start working him back into the lineup. (if he’s doing what’s asked of him post incident) What’s the point of keeping him on the team if your just gonna bench him for the rest of the season? JMO

I 100% trust the coaches on this - regardless of what happened they have to align the foundation for this to work on the future. No one wants to see talent leave the team - so it must have been something of significance.
Sort of

Not a fan of "you can play on special teams but that is it"

You either CAN play or your can't. You should treat suspensions like injuries...You either can play with your injury or you can't. Not just here and there.

Now, if he messed up again this week, which it doesn't seem like, that is different.

Sort of

You either CAN play or your can't. You should treat suspensions like injuries...You either can play with your injury or you can't. Not just here and there.

Now, if he messed up again this week, which it doesn't seem like, that is different.
I could envision bringing him back in baby steps to make sure he was here for the team and see his response to different roles on the team. Total speculation on my part.

Sort of

I kind of see it like. You lost your spot due to your own actions, and now you have to earn it back.

I kind of see it like. You lost your spot due to your own actions, and now you have to earn it back.
Earned back as in, being the best player at his position? Or as in something else?

I think he is the best player at his position but honestly I don't really watch the OL that closely.

Reactions: headcard
Eh. I think Rhule took a risk with him. He's been all over and although a talent, just seems like he doesn't have it together upstairs. Is what it is. Sucks because the dude is a mountain, but he is doing it to himself.
IF some of the rumors I’ve heard are true, we’re better off without him. It sucks because he’s a talented guy but sometimes talented guys are a detriment to team chemistry and performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT