ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling: Nebraska vs. I_wa (BTN 8:00pm)

PvilleHuskerTim

Sophomore
Jun 21, 2001
If anyone is interested in taking a break from FB or COVID talk (since BB is on pause), Husker have their toughest match of the year tonight. I_wa has all 10 wrestlers ranked in the top 8 of their weight class. Kind of like Alabama in football these days with all the talent.

I am calling an upset at 174 with #4 Mikey Labriola beating #1 Kemerer late in the match.

If anyone is interested in taking a break from FB or COVID talk (since BB is on pause), Husker have their toughest match of the year tonight. I_wa has all 10 wrestlers ranked in the top 8 of their weight class. Kind of like Alabama in football these days with all the talent.

I am calling an upset at 174 with #4 Mikey Labriola beating #1 Kemerer late in the match.
Thanks for the heads up!!

Worthless factoid of day. Less than half (maybe about 40%) of power 5 conf schools have wrestling. Was surprised to see that the other day.

Worthless factoid of day. Less than half (maybe about 40%) of power 5 conf schools have wrestling. Was surprised to see that the other day.
It's not much of a sport in the South. Mostly just Midwest, Northeast, Northwest and Carolina states.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Pville I appreciate your keeping us up to date. Cloud must still be avoiding this board unfortunately

Reactions: baseball31ne
Pville I appreciate your keeping us up to date. Cloud must still be avoiding this board unfortunately

we have started out poorly. Lose by pin and then tech fall and behind 11-0 after 2 matches. Red hanging in there against another #1 ranked wrestler.

Down 17-0 after 4 matches. I_wa is strong in all weight classes, while Huskers not very strong at lower weights. After 157 weight class, I think we get to our stronger wrestlers.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Down 21-0 at intermission. Last year we lost 8 of 10 matches, but competed in every match. Not so much so far this year.

Now down 24-0. At 174 where I called the Labriola upset. Except I_wa didn’t send out #1 Kemmerer so he is going against an unranked opponent.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I'm confused about the 6-2 offense and 5-1 offense comment. Humbly asking for more explanation. TIA
Volleyball language. 5-1 means there's just one setter who sets in every rotation with five hitters. 6-2 means there are two setters and six hitters, but obviously not on the court at the same time.

Oh, and this town (IC) is obsessed with wrestling, but they can't tell a 6-2 offense from a 5-1 offense to save their lives.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 9and4
Wrasslin is the only thing they have history in so of coarse the go crazy over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT