ADVERTISEMENT

Wrapping Up the Weekend

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
In chronological order...

1. I had all session passes in the club level so I was stoked to spend several days at the park watching the Huskers. Two-and-cue sucked. At least my cousin was able to use the tickets and his son collected five foul balls.

2. Iowa fans continue to annoy me. I wonder if the Sunday crowd was larger than the total attendance in Iowa City this season. Thank goodness Ohio State pulled it off.

3. As it turned out, we weren't going to host even with a tourney title. The committee chose 16 of the top 17 in the RPI to host and 15 of the 16 are from power five conferences (and Lousiana-Lafayette has a nice ballpark, too). They even mentioned they thought about a west coast regional but felt the need to reward the best teams was more important.

4. When I saw Minnesota pop up as a #2 seed I laughed but I also figured it meant we were in. It was clear conference standing was valued by the committee. In the Big Ten, anyway.

5. I don't care if he's a legend/icon/deity. I will not miss Augie Garrido.

6. I was glad to see the boys celebrate getting the bid yesterday. Hopefully they go right back to thinking they are underdogs. They didn't deal too well with getting some national love this year. They were on the edge of the rankings twice and promptly wet themselves both times.

On to Clemson!

Reactions: bleedhuskerred
I do not miss watching Augie Slow play games on Sundays at Haymarket Park.

GBR - Fresno St in 08 won the whole darn thing as a regional 4 seed. Anything is possible

I do not miss watching Augie Slow play games on Sundays at Haymarket Park.

GBR - Fresno St in 08 won the whole darn thing as a regional 4 seed. Anything is possible
I remember that Fresno team. They were calling it the greatest upset of all time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT