ADVERTISEMENT

WR William Nixon

To be "fair" didn't NU staff HAVE to favor Watts?
My thoughts exactly. When you have two players with similar abilities, you take the home state kid, no questions asked. There’s no doubt in my mind Watts was number one because he was the home state kid. Was he number one because he was better? Not necessarily.

Not complaining about Nixon but both Nebraska and ND staffs seemed to favor Watts over Nixon so he may not be the “better prospect.” Doesn’t mean he won’t turn out to be a better player but I’d hesitate to say both team’s second choice is actually better. Seem like different receivers and excited to see what Nixon can do.
Instate kid always gets first dibs. Frost would've been crucified even worse than he is now had he not offered him. Nixon is faster and that's what this offense begs for.

Watts' highlight film is more impressive than Nixon's. Who will end up being the better college player is debatable at this time.

giphy.gif

Nixon plays for an 11 win District Champion in Texas 6A. He also plays both RB and Receiver. In fact, when you watch him run after the catch, he runs like a RB. His highlights are much more impressive.

I can also see why Notre Dame wanted him to play CB, his hips and flexibility is outstanding. But he fits better at the R for Nebraska because of his offensive versatility.

Nixon plays for an 11 win District Champion in Texas 6A. He also plays both RB and Receiver. In fact, when you watch him run after the catch, he runs like a RB. His highlights are much more impressive.

I can also see why Notre Dame wanted him to play CB, his hips and flexibility is outstanding. But he fits better at the R for Nebraska because of his offensive versatility.

He looks smooth in all facets of the game. The fact his dad was a player/coach means he’s been well trained. Could be a candidate for early contributions.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Worst case here, we bring in Nixon and if he didn’t show well at WR (which I think he will be fine and do great), we could then switch him to DB and start training him there. In a year or so, he could be contributing in one way or another.

Sorry to have missed out on Watts but glad to have Nixon! I did see Watts play in person last fall and he was the best player on the field that day. This is not a dis on Henrich or Hickman as the competition that evening was poor and, if I remember correctly, Henrich didn't even play the last half as the game was out of hand.

Sorry to have missed out on Watts but glad to have Nixon! I did see Watts play in person last fall and he was the best player on the field that day. This is not a dis on Henrich or Hickman as the competition that evening was poor and, if I remember correctly, Henrich didn't even play the last half as the game was out of hand.
My guess is he takes a step back this year, he's going to see a ton of double teams with Hickman gone.

Not complaining about Nixon but both Nebraska and ND staffs seemed to favor Watts over Nixon so he may not be the “better prospect.” Doesn’t mean he won’t turn out to be a better player but I’d hesitate to say both team’s second choice is actually better. Seem like different receivers and excited to see what Nixon can do.
Historically, some NU fans especially if they feel that they know an in-state recruit on some level (maybe their team played against him), tend to nitpick the in-state player. Meanwhile, we know little about the Texas, California, etc. players outside of the highlight reel and star rating.

I remember criticism of a few prospects who went elsewhere and have gone on to get drafted in the NFL. At the same time, those critics were arguing on behalf of out of state prospects who signed with NU but didn't make it in a Husker program that struggled to turn in a winning season.

Instate kid always gets first dibs. Frost would've been crucified even worse than he is now had he not offered him. Nixon is faster and that's what this offense begs for.

Coach Frost is being crucified? By whom? HuskerOnline free board Pontius Pilate?

Give me a break

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT