ADVERTISEMENT

wr transfer

Do you mean Keyan Williams? Keith William's son? I believe he is already enrolled on campus but I may be wrong.

Small receiver, good athlete. Looks like he got an offer from Mike Leach so that tells you he's not all bad.

didn't know he was the coaches son. good to know. could come in handy if we catch the injury bug again.

anyone know anything about this fresno state wr transfer? tia

He was getting some significant playing time in the first two games. He was the leading receiver their first game, but got a concussion in game 2 vs Ole Miss and I am not sure if he played again the rest of the year. I would guess he would not be eligible to play this year unless he get some special exemption from the NCAA to play since his dad is a coach. Don't even know if they have that as an option. I would also assume down the road he may look at getting an additional year since he sat out most of 2015 due to the concussion.

Everything I had heard about this move in Dec/early January was that he would be a walkon at Nebraska, but someone mentioned him in another thread saying he will be on scholarship.

Have any articles actual said which is true for sure?

Everything I had heard about this move in Dec/early January was that he would be a walkon at Nebraska, but someone mentioned him in another thread saying he will be on scholarship.

Have any articles actual said which is true for sure?
I'm not 100% sure but I think he may be walking on for the spring semester and he will be put on scholarship after the spring. Could be wrong though, he's a great addition though. Shows Coaxh Williams wants to stick around Lincoln IMO.

I'm not 100% sure but I think he may be walking on for the spring semester and he will be put on scholarship after the spring. Could be wrong though, he's a great addition though. Shows Coaxh Williams wants to stick around Lincoln IMO.

Correct me if I am wrong here but I thought the only way a coaches kid could "walk-on" is if they had no scholarship offers at other schools. I believe this was the deal with the Jake Cotton, he was going to walk-on but Ohio offered him so NU had to offer a scholarship to get him.

Correct me if I am wrong here but I thought the only way a coaches kid could "walk-on" is if they had no scholarship offers at other schools. I believe this was the deal with the Jake Cotton, he was going to walk-on but Ohio offered him so NU had to offer a scholarship to get him.

I can't imagine this is correct as Doug McDermott "walked on" at Creighton when he was a senior. Unless basketball/football rules are different.

I seem to recall Cotton being forced to take up a scholarship spot too. Often when your parent works at the university you'll get some form of tuition remission, partial if not full, so I always assumed they required the player to take up a scholarship for that reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT