ADVERTISEMENT

WR’s

Betts - True Freshman
Brown - True Freshman
Fleming - True Freshman
Manning - JUCO

You guys thought they were going to come out and blast Ohio St? Take it easy. We have some top talent there and Wandale will still only be a Soph next season. We are also adding in 3 WR who are all at least 6'2 and 3 TE who are all at least 6'4.

Other True Freshman play for other news... We were hearing good things about Brown and Fleming and they have speed, you would think one of two would have seen more significant playing times except the last seconds of the game..

I mean is it so difficult to find an Isaiah Fluellen on this roster??? For those who don’t remember, he was a one trick pony. Only ran one play to perfection. He ran a post play deep and caught it every time. I guess we’re too busy with swing passes.

That was exactly the person I was thinking of. Kid out of Germany . 10.5 hundred meter guy who wasn't a complete WR by any measure. But like you said he could run that one route and defenses had to respect the middle and deep parts of the field when he was out there.

I know that offense was more simple but I'd like to think it's the same premise. A guy or two like that would really open up the underneath stuff they seem to like so much to a those duck r guys.

I've since heard that a guy like Manning had some "issues" and wasn't going to get a chance this week. While a guy like Fleming was filming live on social media less than 30 minutes before game time sigh. So until those guys figure it out it's gonna be ugly for us on offense. Also saying that Alantae Brown was nicked up a bit and that was why we didn't see more of him. Same thing with Hickman being nicked. Betts is on the come but still not quite there yet but is supposedly doing things right and will get his chance.

I guess that's how you end up with a less talented WR corp than I can remember in recent history. Not scaring any teams with those guys.

Holla

Reactions: CatColumbia
Not having Nance, Houston, Fleming, Hicks, Brown, Manning, Betts is bizarre. Hope the media presses Frost on this.
I agree, that's an unbelievable situation to have so many supposedly talented WRs not playing at once. It's like someone put a curse on the WR corp.

That was exactly the person I was thinking of. Kid out of Germany . 10.5 hundred meter guy who wasn't a complete WR by any measure. But like you said he could run that one route and defenses had to respect the middle and deep parts of the field when he was out there.

I know that offense was more simple but I'd like to think it's the same premise. A guy or two like that would really open up the underneath stuff they seem to like so much to a those duck r guys.

I've since heard that a guy like Manning had some "issues" and wasn't going to get a chance this week. While a guy like Fleming was filming live on social media less than 30 minutes before game time sigh. So until those guys figure it out it's gonna be ugly for us on offense. Also saying that Alantae Brown was nicked up a bit and that was why we didn't see more of him. Same thing with Hickman being nicked. Betts is on the come but still not quite there yet but is supposedly doing things right and will get his chance.

I guess that's how you end up with a less talented WR corp than I can remember in recent history. Not scaring any teams with those guys.

Holla

Man I hope you’re right about some Freshman players being nicked up this week that weren’t 100%.

We need these players moving forward contributing in some sort of fashion to this offense..

Sometimes recruits don’t pan out sadly frost has had numerous busts at wide receivers
So he keeps going back to the JC to try and cure the problem. They don't show up on campus or if they do, have problems after arriving. Keep doing the same old thing over and over, insanity. Evaluation seems to be a problem both talent and character.

Man I hope you’re right about some Freshman players being nicked up this week that weren’t 100%.

We need these players moving forward contributing in some sort of fashion to this offense..

I think it may be the case. At least that's what I THINK I heard on big red over reaction @Front Runner ?

Holla

Betts - True Freshman
Brown - True Freshman
Fleming - True Freshman
Manning - JUCO

You guys thought they were going to come out and blast Ohio St? Take it easy. We have some top talent there and Wandale will still only be a Soph next season. We are also adding in 3 WR who are all at least 6'2 and 3 TE who are all at least 6'4.
Keagan Johnson would have been a great addition next year. Too bad we missed out on him.

Reactions: HominidHusker
From my angle it looked high and 100mph but everyone on here says it should have been caught so I’ll take you guys for your word.
Will have to watch it on DVR. Listened to it on the radio. Matt and Sharp said Warner was wide open and it was a terrible throw. I guess there's that

This team won’t sniff a record above .500 until we have scholarship recievers playing. There’s my hot take. This is embarrassing.

And I agree with you but we have 7 or 8 more games to see who the receivers will be by the end of this season..

When you’re 6’4”, 230, you might get preferential treatment.

I don’t think that’s some far out mystery to anyone in the locker room.

Put him out there and throw it to him! Nobody pays to see practice. If he makes it happen in games, live with it. If he doesn’t, move on.
Disagree with you on this one man. You start giving certain players preferential treatment at the college level and you will ruin your Chemistry of the team overall. There's a reason Manning failed out of TCU and ended up at a community college. He's got a golden opportunity at Nebraska to elevate his stock for the NFL. If he washes out here his career is all but over. He better find a good friend on the team that we'll talk some sense to him. This is not difficult. 95% of life is showing up and doing the work. It's that easy. Whatever problems you have in your personal life, you better figure out in your spare time

We might get his brother as a transfer. Supposedly he's an NFL caliber receiver.

There’s another talented guy in the portal we could go after last name Washington.
Smokin

Miles Jones is one who baffled me a bit by transferring as a walk-on to Tennessee. Seems like he could have had a better chance sticking with us.

Martinez threw the ball far too hard but it went right thru Warner’s hands.
It wouldn't have seemes like near as hard of a throw velocity wise if you just sit down in the hole. It was a 2 man concept route. Just sit itdown once you clear.
Few people think about it from the quarterbacks vantage point through a throwing window. He doesn't get the overhead sideline view.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Late to chime in, but Warner should have sat on his route instead of continuing.
AM made the right read seeing hi wide open and assuming he would sit; therefor, making the pass slightly behind. If he floated it may have been even further behind since warner continued his route.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The thing that sucks the most is reps. We basically played a full game where our QBs ran around for 85% of the game. WR didn't get looks besides Wandale. RB carries weren't enough. Just all around turd of a game

Reactions: SkerInCo
Being fair we haven’t seen Luke M. throw any passes vertical down the field either because we only have one guy that has the speed that’s playing right now to do so..

Besides Rondale this offense needs someone to step up that can stretch the field, who is that receiver going to be? Brown, Fleming, Betts is Manning even going to contribute this season if ever?
Umm.. yea we have. Last year Luke completed all of the longest downfield passes we had.

Agree to disagree. Horribly thrown ball when you could have it softly to the receiver. Nobody around him. And sorry...maybe 8-10 yards away.
I saw why Adrian threw it that way. There was a window between the defensive end and the rest of the line that was closing, so Adrian had to put a bit of zip on the ball to prevent it from getting tipped. It still was a fairly accurate throw, the receiver got both hands on it, and should have come up with the catch.

Not having Nance, Houston, Fleming, Hicks, Brown, Manning, Betts is bizarre. Hope the media presses Frost on this.
It's pretty simple to me. They're not good enough to beat out the receivers who are playing. And I honestly think people are making too much out of this. Frost's gameplan was to limit mistakes and turnovers, so we didn't even attempt to throw downfield much. We were having some success in the running game with Luke McCaffrey in the backfield, so that's what we stuck with.

Over half was at another position.End of story..
Yea, end of story. He completed more passes downfield not playing QB than our actual QB did.

You think if script was flipped results would be the same? I don’t.

AM will make a great backup.

Yea, end of story. He completed more passes downfield not playing QB than our actual QB did.

You think if script was flipped results would be the same? I don’t.

AM will make a great backup.

C’mon we’re not comparing if the script was reversed and has nothing to do till Luke starts a game when that will be the final test..

I have stated by the end of the year Luke will replace 2AM but not yet..

C’mon we’re not comparing if the script was reversed and has nothing to do till Luke starts a game when that will be the final test..

I have stated by the end of the year Luke will replace 2AM but not yet..
So you’re saying until Luke starts he shouldn’t start?

Makes sense.

This is exactly why we aren't going to win more than 2 or 3 games this year. It's also why Walters got his ass fired after last year.

I saw why Adrian threw it that way. There was a window between the defensive end and the rest of the line that was closing, so Adrian had to put a bit of zip on the ball to prevent it from getting tipped. It still was a fairly accurate throw, the receiver got both hands on it, and should have come up with the catch.
Do you agree it was a bit high too?

Late to chime in, but Warner should have sat on his route instead of continuing.
AM made the right read seeing hi wide open and assuming he would sit; therefor, making the pass slightly behind. If he floated it may have been even further behind since warner continued his route.
This. He had a narrow passing lane and put the ball where it needed to be when it needed to be there. This one is mostly on warner.

Will be interesting to hear the story from spielman once his TCU career is over.
Another telling sign about Neb’s talent. He was out most productive receiver in history going into his early final season. Our best if you will. He doesn’t start at TCU which means they have at least 3 better than him.

ADVERTISEMENT