ADVERTISEMENT

WR’s

Not having a deep threat just cripples this offense. I saw Alante Brown and Marcus Fleming on the field for the last couple of snaps. Maybe those guys will work their way onto the field. I hope Manning gets on the field. And Betts....how can a 4 star, 6.0 WR not get on the field ahead of some walkons?

We need WRs!!!

It's a bit telling that he was head and shoulders our best WR -- goes to TCU -- and is buried in that program, 5 catches through 4 games.

I don't understand how this program can't attract and develop a good wideout.
for one thing, Frost recruits dual threat QBs not pro style traditional passers. If i was a recruit i would be concerned about that too. The Neb Qbs run the ball a lot. That decreases WRs opportunities to catch balls. Until frost makes the WRs a showcase position why would a WR come here? It makes total sense why they are not lining up. the bigger question is how did they attract the Wandale and the other good young ones coming up? despite what many fans say Frost is recruiting ABOVE what he should logically be getting. there is no reason for WRs to go to neb yet they had one of the better WR classes in the country last year. same thing with defensive recruits. they are recruiting ABOVE their results. i think that speaks positively for the future. i dont know how they attract what they are attracting except that the coaches are really good recruiters. based on the on field results i think Held should be in line for other schools to pick off and promote based on his recruiting results

It's a bit telling that he was head and shoulders our best WR -- goes to TCU -- and is buried in that program, 5 catches through 4 games.

I don't understand how this program can't attract and develop a good wideout.
you have to have a good passing QB first.

Not having a deep threat just cripples this offense. I saw Alante Brown and Marcus Fleming on the field for the last couple of snaps. Maybe those guys will work their way onto the field. I hope Manning gets on the field. And Betts....how can a 4 star, 6.0 WR not get on the field ahead of some walkons?

We need WRs!!!

Frost has signed more 4 star WRs in his 3 classes than the rest of the Big ten west combined during this time

Last edited:

We need WRs!!!
100% agree. I'm actually amazed the running game was as good as it was without an even adequate passing game. The OL was driving people around.

you must have missed the Iowa game last year?

look, he was a receiver who made things happen.. was going to break some records here.. now I guess it's better to have walk-ons to run routes?

we're one dimensional.. might as well run Osbornes' playbook.. that is the kind of players we have.
His blocking in the Iowa game was pathetic, he didn’t even try.

I don't think there's any other choice. Outside of Robinson, our wideouts today accomplished the following:

1) nothing
2) dropped ball in the end zone

Not sure there's anywhere to go but up.
Wasn’t a dropped ball. Martinez through an 80 mph heater to Warner 3 yards away from him. Most NFL receivers couldn’t have brought that down. AMs fault on that play.

Last edited:
I don't think there's any other choice. Outside of Robinson, our wideouts today accomplished the following:

1) nothing
2) dropped ball in the end zone

Not sure there's anywhere to go but up.
Agreed other than a some solid blocking at moments which is why they’re out there. But no reason we can’t the others to block the same.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Well from what D. Benning said it's discipline issues with both Manning and Fleming. Said Manning was not injured at all but also added that he doesn't see Nance or Houston seeing the field anytime soon as well.

All I know is N seems like the only place big time recruits have to fight off walk-ons all the time. There has to be some give and take on both ends or we'll never get over the hump. Even TO knew that...

Well from what D. Benning said it's discipline issues with both Manning and Fleming. Said Manning was not injured at all but also added that he doesn't see Nance or Houston seeing the field anytime soon as well.

All I know is N seems like the only place big time recruits have to fight off walk-ons all the time. There has to be some give and take on both ends or we'll never get over the hump. Even TO knew that...
Was Fleming the one posting from the locker room 30 minutes before kickoff on Instagram live

Reactions: Redblood23
Fox analyst talking about how they are not sure AMart can throw the deep ball because they never saw it today.

Jump in line Reggie Bush. Frost thinks he is going to run out Kade Warner and Levi Falck and win games.
Saw that. He wasn't wrong. It seems AM can hit a receiver that is his first option AND wide open. AM needs to get the ball out fast. OSU linr penetrated our backfield easily all day.

Hopefully they will realize the walk on crew is not gonna get it done. Get the young kids on the field and take some shots..let’s build for the future. We can’t win games unwilling to throw down the field AND refuse to play the players who can win down the field. Manning, Brown, Betts, Fleming all need to play!

Wisconsin now has the blueprint. Draw up the safeties and dare AM or LM to take the lid off the defense. Until we prove otherwise... Poor play on the deep pass also hurts our running game and short passing game. Coaches better figure this out. We don't have McKenzie Milton or Marcus Mariota

Wisconsin now has the blueprint. Draw up the safeties and dare AM or LM to take the lid off the defense. Until we prove otherwise... Poor play on the deep pass also hurts our running game and short passing game. Coaches better figure this out. We don't have McKenzie Milton or Marcus Mariota

Same blueprint as last year except we swapped JD for former walk-ons.

Reactions: Redblood23

We need WRs!!!
How is that none of those WRs you named were factors whatsoever in the game today? I just don't get it. Other schools brings in true freshmen WRs right away and they are stars. We hear all the hype about these newcomers and then nothing in a real game. So disappointing. Must be toxic air in Lincoln is all I can figure out.

Having walk-ons at WR was a nice idea back in the 80s and 90s
How is that none of those WRs you named were factors whatsoever in the game today? I just don't get it. Other schools brings in true freshmen WRs right away and they are stars. We hear all the hype about these newcomers and then nothing in a real game. So disappointing. Must be toxic air in Lincoln is all I can figure out.

Yep - we need pure-play scholarship receivers on field. Walk ons are great and we love ‘em. But in 2020, you’re not winning with them if they are atop your depth chart.

Wasn’t a dropped ball. Marines through an 80 mph heater to Warner 3 yards away from him. Most NFL receivers couldn’t have brought that down. AMs fault on that play.

1) yes the ball was thrown hard
2) it was not from 3 yards away
3) if you're a receiver for a P5 program that has zero ability to stretch the field, you better be able to come up with that ball.

1) yes the ball was thrown hard
2) it was not from 3 yards away
3) if you're a receiver for a P5 program that has zero ability to stretch the field, you better be able to come up with that ball.
Agree to disagree. Horribly thrown ball when you could have it softly to the receiver. Nobody around him. And sorry...maybe 8-10 yards away.

Last edited:

Just be thankful Fleming hasn’t transferred(yet) because Frost/Lubick can’t find a way to get him on the field over some walk on from O’Niell, NE.

Is this the WR core you imagined when Frosty puffed his chest about the Big Ten having to adapt to his “vaunted” offense?SickSick

I believe I saw something where out of all the 2016, 2017, and 2018 receivers who signed with Nebraska, only Wan’Dale is still on the team. That’s why our receivers suck.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I tried to warn folks two weeks ago but the sunshine pumpers thought I was crazy. Having 3 former walk-ons at the top of the depth chart is bothersome. Having one, OK. 3, no way.

I said the same thing. The moment I heard "we can't tell the difference between a scholarship WR and a walk on WR" I knew this was coming. I knew then they were gonna trot that out there and we're trying to get us "prepared" for it if you read in between the lines.

I didn't like it then and don't like it now. But it is what it is. They are gonna have to decide sooner or later is it better to be a good practice player and know all the plays. OR can we get a couple guys on the field who know JUST ENOUGH to perform a special skill that could learn as they play.

Holla

Last edited:
Suspensions, covid, injuries anybody know? There were multiple names I'd never heard of before out there today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT