ADVERTISEMENT

WR’s

More concerned with growing a fancy mustache than catching or blocking
walkons shouldn't be playing against ohio state...about half our offensive starters shouldn't be in a power 5 conference. The roster is Frost's fault, he will pay dearly for the attrition that has occurred because of his inconsistency and hubris but talent is, what it is...

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Warner is overrated imo. Can't catch very good, can't block very good. He may know the offense better than anyone, but he's not a good receiver.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
to me, he's an Osborne era type of receiver.. but he also was a Riley recruit.
Don't know what you mean by that. Osborne always had good receivers, and especially good blocking receivers. Warner's blocking and catching ability are extremely overrated.

to me, he's an Osborne era type of receiver.. but he also was a Riley recruit.

Frost's last 3 classes - # of WRs signed vs other big ten west teams

Neb - 15

Illinois - 3-4
Iowa 5-6
Minn - 8-9
NW - 4
Purdue 11-12
Wisconsin 8-9

numbers for other big ten west schools presented as a range based on where athletes are slotted

• Wow
Reactions: artguy68
Really pathetic at WR. No excuses there. Someone needs to be let go.

Don't know what you mean by that. Osborne always had good receivers, and especially good blocking receivers. Warner's blocking and catching ability are extremely overrated.
I never considered Osborne's receivers to be that good. They were decent possession type of receivers, which is not what Scott's offense needs. I don't know if Warner is a good blocker or not, but he's no home run threat. I also just pointed out he is a Riley recruit, so not sure why he is even playing, unless that is the best we got.

And, rewatch that pass by Martinez to Warner, was way too hard and outside. There was no reason for Martinez to get that excited and throw the ball that way. He was wide open and no one around.
for sure that is the other half of the equation..

I don't know how many top receivers want to run routes for Martinez..

I thought maybe Scott was starting to focus more on pro style QB's but so far it hasn't been that way, so if we are going to be one dimensional, then we might as well go back to the Osborne playbook.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Manning saga never materializes for us. As for Betts, sure just throw him deep and see if he can catch it. At least we would be trying to make a play deep. We never even tried today.
I don't think they trust AM to throw deep. I keep going back to that Iowa game last year where they called Luke in for that connection to JD for a touchdown, and that was maybe only a 35 yarder?

We already did you genius. Lubick just got here, is it his fault? The other option would be Frost. Fire him?

Are you gonna be okay? Sure, fire him. We didn’t even have a WR today

JD wasn’t a deep threat. And if this offense is ever going to make a big play, we better not have a guy like JD who refuses to block anybody.
you must have missed the Iowa game last year?

look, he was a receiver who made things happen.. was going to break some records here.. now I guess it's better to have walk-ons to run routes?

we're one dimensional.. might as well run Osbornes' playbook.. that is the kind of players we have.

We have the worse WR’s in all of college football. It’s unbelievable
The WRs (other than Wandale) were my biggest disappointment. What happened to all the new talent we were supposed to be getting? Why is it that other schools can bring in new true freshman to be star receivers and none of our guys show up? Even the JC star turned into a no show? Really, really disappointing.

JD wasn’t a deep threat. And if this offense is ever going to make a big play, we better not have a guy like JD who refuses to block anybody.
It's a bit telling that he was head and shoulders our best WR -- goes to TCU -- and is buried in that program, 5 catches through 4 games.

I don't understand how this program can't attract and develop a good wideout.

Fox analyst talking about how they are not sure AMart can throw the deep ball because they never saw it today.

Jump in line Reggie Bush. Frost thinks he is going to run out Kade Warner and Levi Falck and win games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT