ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Surprised no discussion on here about email about tickets today.

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
4 options if I read it right scanning.

1) forfeit tickets and$$ to NU and you get up to 100 priority points and full tax deduction

2) refund

3) no tickets and credit for 2021

4) I want my tickets

Have to read it again but what I didn't see upon scanning was what happens if season is cancelled orcut short. IF no refund than that makes it a hard decision.

Safe bet would be to defer until next year. But depending on your financial situation just letting the university have the money and taking the tax deduction has to be considered.

Option 3 for me ... you left out you get 30 priority points if you select that option. Not a great benefit for having slightly better priority points but it gives you a few minor privileges.

Nebraska Athletics uses priority points to award tickets and seat locations for away games, postseason events, single game ticket purchases, and to assign time slots for improvements of season tickets during Seat Yourself.

Option 3 for me ... you left out you get 30 priority points if you select that option. Not a great benefit for having slightly better priority points but it gives you a few minor privileges.

Nebraska Athletics uses priority points to award tickets and seat locations for away games, postseason events, single game ticket purchases, and to assign time slots for improvements of season tickets during Seat Yourself.
Have to discuss with family but probably option 3 as well and just purchase single game tickets as needed. Hopefully there are decently priced single game tickets available.

Yes but I didn't read that carefully although I did see the 30. Personally, that's my opinion as well. I know the administration wanted to see the schedule, but I think they could have done this when BIG announced conference only. To just get a feel. I could see many older fans saying no. I don't consider myself old but I'm leaning no. I wasn't yesterday.

Have to discuss with family but probably option 3 as well and just purchase single game tickets as needed. Hopefully there are decently priced single game tickets available.
Not sure single tickets will be available. They may. Athletic department has record of anything sold through StubHub. Early on I thought it would be highly profitable to sell tickets on StubHub if attendance limited to less than half. But I don't think I even want to go there. I'm either all in or defer. Don't make enough money to afford the gift

Priority points really doesn't do much good except for parking, bowl games and seat yourself & away game tix through the athletic department which are usually crappy seats. If they're not going to use priority points in this case I don't see the value. They said up to 100. How do you know what you're worth. For 20,000@100 or 500@100??

Also wanted to say props Moos. This might be the most thought out, common sense thing I've seen since all this coronavirus stuff started.
I agree with you. A lot of it makes sense. I'm just afraid of what Lincoln and Lancaster county will do. Moos said on the radio the other night when asked about attendance he said it would be up to local health officials. Lincoln needs football revenue. Oh wait......

I liked LSU on sports nightly last night. They're planning full stadium. Thought the big schools were nuts about empty stadiums

Reactions: BleedRed78
Not sure single tickets will be available. They may. Athletic department has record of anything sold through StubHub. Early on I thought it would be highly profitable to sell tickets on StubHub if attendance limited to less than half. But I don't think I even want to go there. I'm either all in or defer. Don't make enough money to afford the gift
I'm hoping someone I, or my family, knows will be on the fence and sell me a ticket. But your right. Pretty risky.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm hoping someone I, or my family, knows will be on the fence and sell me a ticket. But your right. Pretty risky.
Hopefully I can find someone with a pulse at the ticket office over the weekend. Buddy of mine has been calling for the last two weeks and can't get through. Not surprising because no one had any answers because there was nothing to report. Now...... different

From what I understand the university’s biggest concern about fans in the stadiums is litigation
I understand their concerns. Nebraska lawyers aren't the sharpest tacks. We lost litigation upstream and downstream!! How does that work except for total idiocy or whores

Have them sign waiver or no entrance.
I agree. What’s the difference going to a football game as to going to Walmart or Home Depot? We don’t have to go to any of them if we choose not to. There’s some people electing to stay home from church and some choose to attend. This has gone past moronic. I guess people were tougher in the 20th century

ADVERTISEMENT