ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Pro Football Focus has A-Magic at 129 out of 130 QBs

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
They write him off as well. Only guy ranked lower is UCONN's QB.

129. ADRIAN MARTINEZ, NEBRASKA

Martinez had extremely lofty expectations for Nebraska entering 2019 — some had him as a Heisman candidate, and some called him the next up-and-coming star in college football. However, those presumptions were unrealistic, and Martinez verified that throughout the season. When in a clean pocket, which is one of the most stable metrics for a quarterback, Martinez produced a 55.3 passing grade, ranking 123rd of 130 FBS quarterbacks. His big-time throw rate was 130th among the same group. As said in the 2020 PFF College Magazine, Martinez just lacks the basic accuracy required for the position. There still is hope at quarterback for the Cornhuskers, but it’s with Luke McCaffrey. The dual-threat McCaffrey racked up nine 10-plus-yard gains on 24 carries while recording one big-time throw on 12 passes in 2019.​

Reactions: TheNewNU
He was putrid last year. No other way to dress it.
Yep. Injuries or no, his play was tentative and bad far too often. When you give unbiased metrics like a passer rating with a clean pocket that makes it even clearer.

He'll have had a LONG time to get healthy and work on accuracy and reading defenses, watching film. If he can't hit in 2021 he won't have a very long leash.

What an asinine ranking. How many guys in the bottom 50 on the list would ever in their wildest dreams put up 340 yards of total offense in the Horseshoe or complete 65 percent of their passes for 2600 yds as a true freshman in the big ten?

What an asinine ranking. How many guys in the bottom 50 on the list would ever in their wildest dreams put up 340 yards of total offense in the Horseshoe or complete 65 percent of their passes for 2600 yds as a true freshman in the big ten?

You should check out some of the names they have in the bottom half RollingLaugh

Won't argue with that. We'll likely have him for another 3 years though with Covid. Hopefully LMC doesn't transfer out. He could be really good.

They write him off as well. Only guy ranked lower is UCONN's QB.

129. ADRIAN MARTINEZ, NEBRASKA

Martinez had extremely lofty expectations for Nebraska entering 2019 — some had him as a Heisman candidate, and some called him the next up-and-coming star in college football. However, those presumptions were unrealistic, and Martinez verified that throughout the season. When in a clean pocket, which is one of the most stable metrics for a quarterback, Martinez produced a 55.3 passing grade, ranking 123rd of 130 FBS quarterbacks. His big-time throw rate was 130th among the same group. As said in the 2020 PFF College Magazine, Martinez just lacks the basic accuracy required for the position. There still is hope at quarterback for the Cornhuskers, but it’s with Luke McCaffrey. The dual-threat McCaffrey racked up nine 10-plus-yard gains on 24 carries while recording one big-time throw on 12 passes in 2019.​
Yeah he sucked last year, but I'm not going to write him off. It's obvious from his Freshman year he has a ton of talent, he just needs to get his head right. If he does that, I think he'll start to live up to the expectations people had after his Freshman season.

I don't think 2AM or Frost would argue he had a less than expected season last year.

Injured? Too much weight put on? Too much pressure? Expectations? Sophomore Slump?

I'm a positive thinker and want to believe in a great kid like Adrian. His Freshman season was the best in Husker history at the QB position, even including the iconic Tommie Frazier.

I'm no insider or claim to know anything, but I really want to think Frost wanted to play so bad this year, not only for Husker pride, but for his team's pride, and also Adrian Martinez.

129 of 130? Not even worthy of anybody's read.

Reactions: cubsker and Catch50
They had him like 24th going into last year, he wasn’t good but to drop him 100+ spots and say he can’t be even average is insane.

its just if he comes out this year like last and cant upgrade, well...
on to the next one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT