ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, Joba on Fire Tonight

HuskerJack95

Senior
Oct 10, 2007
Omaha
In his Storm Chasers debut, Joba faced 4 Batters, gave up 4 Hits, Threw 2 Wild Pitches, and was called for a Balk, charged with 4 Runs.

He's about to turn 30 and he's severely overweight. Probably time to hang it up.

Actually, there is a correlation IMO. As a true freshman at UNK, he was 300 lbs and very substandard for even the D2 level.. That following summer he dropped 70 pounds and became a star with an electric 97 mph fastball and a dynamic curve ball.

If he wants to continue his career, he should probably consider crossfit...

Actually, there is a correlation IMO. As a true freshman at UNK, he was 300 lbs and very substandard for even the D2 level.. That following summer he dropped 70 pounds and became a star with an electric 97 mph fastball and a dynamic curve ball.
Yes he needs the Kearney "crossfit". I am sure that "crossfit" will help him if he invests in said "crossfit".

Don't want him anywhere near the big league clubhouse. Too much of a sideshow. Not enough performance.

The above series of events are quite rare and unusual.

In his Storm Chasers debut, Joba faced 4 Batters, gave up 4 Hits, Threw 2 Wild Pitches, and was called for a Balk, charged with 4 Runs.
So you're saying he won't be called up anytime soon?
Look at it this way. When Gordon comes to town for his rehab assignment, the Chasers will probably make as much that day as they will have all season just with Gordon and Joba there alone.

last thing he needs is crossfit...he will definitely injure himself and before he would injure himself he would have to tell everyone he is doing crossfit...the world doesnt need more of that

Reactions: cubsker
I don't usually root against former huskers to fail but this guy is a loser. i have numerous personal hand experiences. Gordo on the other hand is a class act and wish him all the success in the world.

I met his dad tonight at the Chasers game. Nice guy. I was chatting with him before the game, and he wondered why there was such a big crowd for the game. I replied it was likely due to Gordon starting his rehab assignment tonight. He then asked if they had any other guys people might be here to see. I told him Joba is now in town, and he joked he didn't know who that was. I paused and it was at that time I realized who he was and we had a laugh. I have never met Joba, but his old man is pretty cool.

I met his dad tonight at the Chasers game. Nice guy. I was chatting with him before the game, and he wondered why there was such a big crowd for the game. I replied it was likely due to Gordon starting his rehab assignment tonight. He then asked if they had any other guys people might be here to see. I told him Joba is now in town, and he joked he didn't know who that was. I paused and it was at that time I realized who he was and we had a laugh. I have never met Joba, but his old man is pretty cool.
He didn't hit you with his cart?

You might be the only person that has ever said that about him. I myself and many people I know have had quite the opposite experience with him. He thinks he's somebody because of who his son is. Total jerk.

If by crossfit you mean Steroids then I'm right with you. Its what got him there in the 1st place!

Joba did his job last night, 2K's and retired the side in the 8th inning. There were plenty on here that were eager to pile on when his first outing didn't go good, yet its crickets when he does his job well. Funny how that works. I know it hasn't been all smooth with him, but he is a Husker. Just remember that.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Joba and his old man are good people. They're not out there to hurt anyone else or generally be jerks. They do, however, tend to lack tact and they don't have much patience for people they consider to be idiots (circular logic) or below them.

ADVERTISEMENT