ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! How can anyone still be happy with Riley?

I know it feels good to be in the I told you so crowd and shove it down haters throats but let's all just enjoy our team being in the top 10 for once in a very long time.. not trying to start anything just want to enjoy our current success things can change quickly on both ends.. GBR

Reactions: Snickerdoodle70
Bumping this thread would have a lot more merit if it had been done so at the end of the season. I'm somewhat superstitious when it comes to sports, and I feel like the bumper just jinxed us. :(

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I didn't post on that thread because my feeling at the time was there was no sense in moaning. If things didn't pick up Riley and Eichorst would be gone, probably by the end of this year. Now, if NU beats Wisconsin, has a respectable loss to tOSU, wins out and has a respectable loss to Michigan in the CCG, Eichorst will be looking pretty good. If NU wins enough to be conference champs (unlikely), Eichorst will look like a freaking genius. If NU loses to Wisky and tOSU, drops one to MD or IA and doesn't make the CCG, then the jury is still out, but most of us still feel better about recruiting and the "tone" of the program.

Reactions: Snickerdoodle70
I know it feels good to be in the I told you so crowd and shove it down haters throats but let's all just enjoy our team being in the top 10 for once in a very long time.. not trying to start anything just want to enjoy our current success things can change quickly on both ends.. GBR
I wouldn't have bumped it myself, but after reading the entire thread it became hard not to say something... last fall was so frustrating with the voices who didn't give Riley a chance when he arrived and couldn't wait to pile on when adversity struck.

I just think it would be nice for some of those voices to fess up, especially since at least one viewed the thread just today. But I guess allowing that maybe this hire wasn't the biggest mistake in 50 years is too much to ask.

And if I sound bitter, I probably am, at least a little bit... just tired of the trash talk. If all of a sudden we tank and go 1-6 to finish the regular season, I will come on and admit that I was wrong. Would be nice for others to do the same.

I wouldn't have bumped it myself, but after reading the entire thread it became hard not to say something... last fall was so frustrating with the voices who didn't give Riley a chance when he arrived and couldn't wait to pile on when adversity struck.

I just think it would be nice for some of those voices to fess up, especially since at least one viewed the thread just today. But I guess allowing that maybe this hire wasn't the biggest mistake in 50 years is too much to ask.

And if I sound bitter, I probably am, at least a little bit... just tired of the trash talk. If all of a sudden we tank and go 1-6 to finish the regular season, I will come on and admit that I was wrong. Would be nice for others to do the same.

+1 ... I'm all for everyone having an opinion ... just be willing to own it

I know I'm referencing my own post, but don't you agree this "I told you so" should wait for 3-4 more games?

Do not get me wrong, Riley is rexruiting very well, saying all the right things, etc. But let's heed our own advice from last season and not make judgements until the season is over. Yah?

Reactions: timnsun
I know I'm referencing my own post, but don't you agree this "I told you so" should wait for 3-4 more games?

Do not get me wrong, Riley is rexruiting very well, saying all the right things, etc. But let's heed our own advice from last season and not make judgements until the season is over. Yah?
I do agree, which is why I said I never would have bumped it. My problem was that I reread everything, which caused me to have acid reflux and respond...

Just finished readin all of that... gimmered was very vocal in this thread... where is he now? Haven't seen him since, well, I can't recall...

Edit: just decided to do a little search... last time gimmered posted anything was December 1, 2015. Last time he viewed anything? Today, 1:15 pm, and it happened to be this thread. If gimmered is looking at this, I sure wouldn't mind hearing what you think now...

ece9dfd02f5010bbd7c455ebcaf950749b6b514ed58d61568e14966c2295259a_1.jpg

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
We're not off of thin ice just yet. If we can manage to finish in the top 10 I'll be impressed but at this point a top 10 ranking doesn't say a whole lot IMO. Keeping that top 10 ranking is the important thing. I'd like to see it start with Nebraska laying in to Indiana like they plan on staying in the top 10.

There is a long way to go to go before a thread of this type is justified - we could lose the next 3 out of four - I hope not but very possible

I will say I have changed my opinion on some of the coaches a bit

* Riley - I am pleased with the adjustment towards a power run game - I always thought he was a good guy so no change there
* Langsdorf - He has done much better in his play- calling this year after a horrible first year - so more optimistic about him
* Banker - no change I still do not believe he can coach up a defense that can lead us to a confer title
* Read - worse and I did not think it was possible with this guy - we have a true weapon in DPE who has been effectively neutered by his lack of coaching

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I didn't post in this thread a year ago, but it's never to late to join the party.

I like what the coaching staff is doing this year. I'll just leave it at that.

There is a long way to go to go before a thread of this type is justified - we could lose the next 3 out of four - I hope not but very possible

* Riley - I am pleased with the adjustment towards a power run game - I always thought he was a good guy so no change there
* Langsdorf - He has done much better in his play- calling this year after a horrible first year - so more optimistic about him
* Banker - no change I still do not believe he can coach up a defense that can lead us to a confer title
* Read - worse and I did not think it was possible with this guy - we have a true weapon in DPE who has been effectively neutered by his lack of coaching
I will reiterate... I never would have bumped it. The only reason I posted in it after it was bumped is because of all the trash talking.

Would it have been prudent to not say anything? Probably so. But it's pretty chicken%#*$ to post what was posted and then not come back and admit where some might have been wrong.

You have come back this season and recognized where there has been improvement, and I commend you. It would just be nice if others to do the same.

God, you are a breath of ammonia..

Whoa-hey let's not go overboard with the positive feelings and optimism.

You just couldn't wait to type that we could lose the next 3 of 4, could you? I'm sure that just made your day. And then you say "I hope not". Yeah, sure. You're opinion is made clear by the first thing you post-if you feel the need to say "I hope not", what you said in the first place is probably too negative(which I'm sure you knew, and absolutely intended).

Last edited:
Whoa-hey let's not go overboard with the positive feelings and optimism.

You just couldn't wait to type that we could lose the next 3 of 4, could you? I'm sure that just made your day. And then you say "I hope not". Yeah, sure. You're opinion is made clear by the first thing you post-if you feel the need to say "I hope not", what you said in the first place is probably too negative(which I'm sure you knew, and absolutely intended).
What is so overboard about posting we could lose 3 of the next 4 ? - Or Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Are you so jaded you cannot at least look at things reasonably. At least I do not get on here demanding everyone be fired after the first loss as some sunshine pumpers do - setting realistic expectations for how you view things is not bad - if it offends you sorry, thats your gig

What is so overboard about posting we could lose 3 of the next 4 ? - Or Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Are you so jaded you cannot at least look at things reasonably. At least I do not get on here demanding everyone be fired after the first loss as some sunshine pumpers do - setting realistic expectations for how you view things is not bad - if it offends you sorry, thats your gig
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sunshine pumpers aren't the ones who demand people be fired after one loss.
Sure, we could lose 3 of the next 4. It's also quite realistic to think we could win 3 of the next 4. I actually think it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could win all of the next 4, although I realize thinking we have even a chance to beat Ohio State is grounds for being committed to a mental institution to some people on here. Practically anything is possible-but when you choose to bring up the most pessimistic possibilities, and not the more optimistic ones, there is a reason why you do that. I just get sick of the people who seem to derive some perverse joy out of always bringing up the most negative outlook. It's like we aren't supposed to even enjoy being 5-0-we're supposed to wring our hands and worry about finishing badly, because after all it could happen, and heaven forbid we might think we could finish the season well.

Coaching? Catch the ball and run to the end zone. What was Read supposed to teach him? I can see dissatisfaction with how punt returns are blocked, but not DPE.

Bumping this thread would have a lot more merit if it had been done so at the end of the season. I'm somewhat superstitious when it comes to sports, and I feel like the bumper just jinxed us. :(
Don't worry, magic isn't real. Life just kind of happens. The successes and failures of the Huskers going forward will have nothing to do with this thread. No matter how well or bad they play from here on out, this thread had nothing to do with it.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sunshine pumpers aren't the ones who demand people be fired after one loss.
Sure, we could lose 3 of the next 4. It's also quite realistic to think we could win 3 of the next 4. I actually think it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could win all of the next 4, although I realize thinking we have even a chance to beat Ohio State is grounds for being committed to a mental institution to some people on here. Practically anything is possible-but when you choose to bring up the most pessimistic possibilities, and not the more optimistic ones, there is a reason why you do that. I just get sick of the people who seem to derive some perverse joy out of always bringing up the most negative outlook. It's like we aren't supposed to even enjoy being 5-0-we're supposed to wring our hands and worry about finishing badly, because after all it could happen, and heaven forbid we might think we could finish the season well.
Holy crap man - I was responding to a thread someone had dredged up from after the Purdue game for the sole purpose of rubbing the original posters nose in his thought that the coaches sucked. I was simply pointing out the obvious that the season could still go either way. I was not making a prediction we lose 3 out of 4 in fact I think we beat Indiana and I like us against Wisconsin and Purdue so I am thinking 3-1.

Coaching? Catch the ball and run to the end zone. What was Read supposed to teach him? I can see dissatisfaction with how punt returns are blocked, but not DPE.
How about Read coaches the special teams to block for him - when he catches a punt there are 5 defenders in his face

We're not off of thin ice just yet. If we can manage to finish in the top 10 I'll be impressed but at this point a top 10 ranking doesn't say a whole lot IMO. Keeping that top 10 ranking is the important thing. I'd like to see it start with Nebraska laying in to Indiana like they plan on staying in the top 10.
Yes, because improvement should be based on finishing in the top ten after a 6-7 season. To top that off, it's been 15 years since Nebraska finished in the top 10.

So that seems realistic...

Don't worry, magic isn't real. Life just kind of happens. The successes and failures of the Huskers going forward will have nothing to do with this thread.
If we win most remaining games, you are correct. If we lose, I will come back and re-bump this thread. ;)

It's like the same people with the same argument s defending Bo. We have better talent overall than every team on our schedule except MSU.

Wait till the season plays out-- Nebraska has played NO ONE of significance (Oregon is Not good as we have learned). Our schedule only has two teams that are worthwhile so we'll see... I do like Mike Riley the man, the coach not so much

Reactions: HuskerFiend
Wait till the season plays out-- Nebraska has played NO ONE of significance (Oregon is Not good as we have learned). Our schedule only has two teams that are worthwhile so we'll see... I do like Mike Riley the man, the coach not so much
But I bet you were fine with the season not playing out last year before making your judgement..

Reactions: GBRhuskers

I was hoping Riley and Langs would run a similar offense last year before UCLA as they have since the UCLA game. TA just isn't gonna run a pro style offense. With this offense we should beat the teams we're suppose to. TA only has 2 picks. I predict losses to Wiscy and OSU but win our bowl game.

Translation: wait until the season plays out-gotta keep up hope for the team to tank the rest of the season so I can have a reason to complain because I have to stretch for reasons to complain when we're 5-0.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Mike Leach is the deal. Hope Purdue doesn't hire him.
If there's anywhere that's not a step up from Washington State, it's Purdue. His style of offense works great in the Pac 12 where they don't play defense. Might not work so well in the B1G. I see no reason why he would leave WSU with what he is building there.

If there's anywhere that's not a step up from Washington State, it's Purdue. His style of offense works great in the Pac 12 where they don't play defense. Might not work so well in the B1G. I see no reason why he would leave WSU with what he is building there.
For starters twice the pay. Even Purdue is making big $ now and wants to pay Ferentz type $.

Taters, Taters everywhere
Damn taters!!

“These taters are making me thirsty!”

“That's one small step for taters, one giant leap for taterkind.”

“The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other tater die for his.”

“You miss 100% of the taters you don’t eat.”

“If you tater something, set it free.”

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Better talent? really? perhaps at receiver position and defensive tackle--that is it.
Riley deserves another two years--
All the former players and coaches are behind the guy--we need to give him a realistic chance.

Martaue

You need to go troll some other fan base we aren’t buying that crap at Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT