ADVERTISEMENT

wow. Anybody else see the Lions get hosed by the refs on MNF?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
There were at least 4 phantom penalties that gave the Packers 1st downs in this game to sustain drives. The last one guaranteed an easy field goal for the win. One was a "unnecessary roughness" call when the DB was going for an interception and the receiver hit the back of his helmet with his forehead. HORRIBLE officiating. The last call Clete was staring right at and should have overruled his crew member on. Horrible officiating.

I have often wondered why the NFL doesn't just give Aaron Rodgers his own flag. Eliminate the middle man.

EG4lYKoX0AAS4jg

Watching it on replay, ya it was pretty bad. I will say, though, given how well Bakhtiari sold it (arching his back and pushing his head back) I can see why they might throw the flag in real time.

On the hit on Geronimo Allison, I didn't think it should have been a penalty but with the current emphasis on preventing concussions, I'm not surprised given it involved a shot to the head and Allison ended up on the turf motionless.

There were at least 4 phantom penalties that gave the Packers 1st downs in this game to sustain drives. The last one guaranteed an easy field goal for the win. One was a "unnecessary roughness" call when the DB was going for an interception and the receiver hit the back of his helmet with his forehead. HORRIBLE officiating. The last call Clete was staring right at and should have overruled his crew member on. Horrible officiating.

Congrats on finally be red to the rigged nature of the National football league......l still watch ever Sunday, Monday, and Thursday, and Saturday in the playoffs lol

Would have thought it said "Brady" on the back of that jersey. Ever notice calls like that rarely favor a less famous QB? Seems like the longer and more successful you are in the league, you start to get those calls. Which is another way of saying it's fixed, though not in the traditional way we think of fixed games, but guys with the name "Mariota" on their back don't seem to be the same benefactor as guys like Rogers and Brady.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Bills fan here. Born just south of Buffalo. You ain’t seen shit till you see the calls the Pats get against Buffalo. It’s rigged but it’s still a damn good game. The refs are way too aggressive. They call stuff they shouldn’t then miss obvious ones probably staring down some player to see if they can get a hold or hands to the face

Refs are a major issue in both levels of football. I don’t know if it’s the 75 replays we get now after every play or they’re just worse than before but it seems like they effect the game way more than before

Bills fan here. Born just south of Buffalo. You ain’t seen shit till you see the calls the Pats get against Buffalo. It’s rigged but it’s still a damn good game. The refs are way too aggressive. They call stuff they shouldn’t then miss obvious ones probably staring down some player to see if they can get a hold or hands to the face

Refs are a major issue in both levels of football. I don’t know if it’s the 75 replays we get now after every play or they’re just worse than before but it seems like they effect the game way more than before
Part of the reason it seems like a bigger problem now is definitely the number of replays and different camera angles. The other issue is how fast the players and game is. Another factor has to be the "areas of emphasis" used.

I've officiated just a little bit of youth basketball and the faster the kids are and the more up tempo they get, the tougher it gets to get calls right. I can see why things get screwed up but man it sure seem like a couple of guys on Clete's crew had an agenda.

Felt the same to me with the BS P.I. calls the Cowgirls got to almost come back against the Jets. 3 or so iirc to sustain a late drive.

Its the big popular teams that get the calls. Gotta do everything we can to help influence them being playoff teams.

Those terrible fukking calls are why some people think the shit is fixed. Not even close to hands to face on crucial 3rd downs. Disgusting. I hope the sorry ass packers get f’ed in their ass every game.
Refs were bad. You are very vile

I'm a packer fan... but sheesh! The refs also overturned a catch that gave the lions a big first down. He caught it... took a few steps then fumbled out of bounds. They overturned it on replay and lions had to kick a FG rather than get into the redzone and put the game away

Reactions: DonlugoQ
I'm a packer fan... but sheesh! The refs also overturned a catch that gave the lions a big first down. He caught it... took a few steps then fumbled out of bounds. They overturned it on replay and lions had to kick a FG rather than get into the redzone and put the game away

Packers fan here as well, but this is one that I actually think they got right. If you aren't focusing on the ball through the entire process, then it probably does look like a catch. If you focus on the ball, though, he bobbled at the beginning of the "catch" and really didn't get solid possession before he tried to transfer it to the outside hand which was where the "fumble" occurred. The announcers thought it was a catch right off, but by the end of the review they had changed their minds too.

Packer fan through and through but with the second hands to the face I was screaming at the TV "that is a bulls&^t call". Scared my dogs, as I usually only get that riled up during college games. If the refs are going to screw up, well it did benefit my team, but Jeebus, what crappy calls.

Slomo it looked like a catch but in real time it didn’t look like he had full control when the ball came out.

Packers fan here as well, but this is one that I actually think they got right. If you aren't focusing on the ball through the entire process, then it probably does look like a catch. If you focus on the ball, though, he bobbled at the beginning of the "catch" and really didn't get solid possession before he tried to transfer it to the outside hand which was where the "fumble" occurred. The announcers thought it was a catch right off, but by the end of the review they had changed their minds too.
yeah maybe so... but I didn't really think it was conclusive to overturn it. when it rains it pours

Try watching a Vikings/Packers game. Straight up comical BS.

Like the refs telling every patriots opponent hands off Brady. I stopped watching the nfl when this kneeling crap came about. Can’t say I miss it. College football is becoming almost as bad. I’m down to watching Nebraska, heck growing up couldn’t watch enough and that was with only 3 channels

Bills Mafia here too, and holy hell, you couldn’t be more right.

ADVERTISEMENT