ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldnt it be nice if all the Omaha folks came out to cheer on Iowa in the baseball tourney?

CelticHawk

Walk On
Feb 24, 2011
Like they do for the CWS?

lol, yeah, not happening.

Anywho, who would you fans like to see win?

Good luck to you.

Apparently we have to win it all. We crapped the bed with Northwestern and this RPI thing. Saw an interesting thing on needing better regional opponents based on traveling and schooling. And how we need to play more old Big 8 schools because they generally have a better RPI and such. Creighton and Missouri St are the others. Otherwise it is getting kicked by Southern teams early.

Wouldn’t it be nice if iowa would fill their own football and basketball arenas instead of begging people from other states to come out and support them.

I don't know if that's the case. Been a season ticket holder since 2002. And it used to be a blast. Now its very corporate and prices out the blue collar guy. I like watching all the games at home. Maybe I am getting old.

Also, with basketball, I kinda agree. But our population is spread different than Nebraska.

No reason CR and IC people shouldn't fill it. But weather is a bitch. Just like in baseball. We couldn't even play out last game. You guys know.

Iowa sucks, but good luck. Since it is a few blocks from work, I'll probably make a few games. It is a good way to skip work, be seen and have a few drinks :p

Reactions: CelticHawk
I can't believe our team sucks so bad, I can't even care about this tournament.
  • Nobody feels worse than Darin
  • Don't even try to feel as bad as him - you can't.
images

I love this thread. We're so freaking bad, you just have to give props to Iowa fan coming over here to rub it in. No way we could expect them to let this slide and frankly, I'd be disappointed if they didn't troll us.

Like they do for the CWS?

lol, yeah, not happening.

Anywho, who would you fans like to see win?
Soooooooo....let me get this straight.....due to the fact that the majority of Iowa message board fans are idiots and have turned the Iowa rivals board into the “other” Nebraska board you and @SWIowahawks and @BeautifulDayintheNeighborhood et. al. Have decided to come over here to have a decent conversation about B1G sports? Alrighty then, I’ve got that correct.
Since you’re here, is there a thread on the Iowa board discussing where Iowa ranks in terms of blueblood status? Is there a conversation or thread on any national college football board discussing Iowa football? One last burning question, why do the majority of Iowa fans hate stats and facts? Oooops, I just thought of another question, why do the majority of Iowa fans believe college football history started in 2002?

I mean since you’re here you might as well be useful and answer some questions.

Soooooooo....let me get this straight.....due to the fact that the majority of Iowa message board fans are idiots and have turned the Iowa rivals board into the “other” Nebraska board you and @SWIowahawks and @BeautifulDayintheNeighborhood et. al. Have decided to come over here to have a decent conversation about B1G sports? Alrighty then, I’ve got that correct.
Since you’re here, is there a thread on the Iowa board discussing where Iowa ranks in terms of blueblood status? Is there a conversation or thread on any national college football board discussing Iowa football? One last burning question, why do the majority of Iowa fans hate stats and facts? Oooops, I just thought of another question, why do the majority of Iowa fans believe college football history started in 2002?

I’m not an iowegian, brosef. 10 fingers and toes over here.

That was a gut punch. Your ace goes 8 innings only giving up 1 run and you lose by 1 in extra innings. Urgh.

Well, assuming we lose today, I would like to see Indiana win it all.

Relax dude. I have quite a bit of connections to the state of Nebraska and the university. No need to paint everyone with a broad brush.

Relax dude. I have quite a bit of connections to the state of Nebraska and the university. No need to paint everyone with a broad brush.
Please look up the word “majority”. You didn’t answer the questions. Reply with, “the Iowa board is filled with idiots obsessed with Nebraska football” and I will consider you one of the few good message board Iowa fans.

How was the crowd?

Good crowd, mostly Hawk fans and quite a few Nebraska fans but once the Iowa game was over people like myself headed to get some lunch.

After we ate and went back the crowd was about half what it was.

Last edited:
Near the stadium last night you could hear the faint sound of a caterpillar making its way across a downtown sidewalk. I've seen more activity in the basement of a morgue.

Plenty of parking to be had within just a few yards of the stadium. I'm sure the B1G is quite pleased with the Nebraska baseball program right about now, as are all of the downtown restaurants/bars and hotels. Nice work, NU baseball..

Iowa looked like a carbon copy of Nebraska 2 years ago in Omaha for the conference tournament...

Hardly any hits and when they had men on they couldn’t advance too score. Only one run..

Iowa’s bats completely disappeared to historic lows for a Heller coaches team. Pitching was outstanding but it wasn’t enough. Hoping to be back for next year and for the Big Ten’s sake, I hope Nebraska is back in it. I can’t imagine how disappointed vendors are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT