ADVERTISEMENT

Would you take Dantonio over Harbaugh?

I'd take Harbaugh in a heartbeat. Guy is a winner, and is winning games this year with basically a complete roster flip. He is brining in crazy amounts of talent, and I bet Michigan is in the title hunt in two years. Guy wins everywhere he goes.

Heard on ESPN this AM that Harbaugh is starting to get heat for his record against OSU and Sparty. Also has a similar record to Hokes first few years. Add in the fact he's making 9 million a year....ummm...you better start producing big boy results if you're making big boy money,

Getting heat from who? I think most fans and people at Michigan are very happy with Hargod.

Reactions: LZZOSO
He lost a lot of senior starters last year and just lost a close game to Michigan State giving up only 252 yards on defense and 14 points in spite of turning the ball over 5 times. This all to the number 21 ranked team. I think JH will do just fine.

Reactions: LZZOSO
He lost a lot of senior starters last year and just lost a close game to Michigan State giving up only 252 yards on defense and 14 points in spite of turning the ball over 5 times. This all to the number 21 ranked team. I think JH will do just fine.
Some would hate him, Michigan threw the ball 11 out of 14 plays in the 3rd quarter during heavy rain, three passes turned into interceptions. The run the ball crowd who have called for him to be fired after that.

Lot of momos on this board would have run Dantonio out last season.

I doubt that. You don't fire a guy for one losing season after 6 straight winning seasons where you finished in the top 6 in the country the three previous years and top fourteen 5 of the 6 previous years. Guys calling for the firing of Mike Riley are seeing 5 losing seasons during those same 7 years of Dantonio.

Harbaugh did an amazing job at Stanford. I have not been impressed with his time in Ann Arbor. He managed an immediate recruiting burst when he was first hired, and the win-loss record improved, but all he really did was get them back up to where they were under Lloyd Carr. Maybe that's not an insult, but I don't think 9-4 type seasons with losses to rivals MSU and Ohio State were the goal. Michigan is NOT a national power despite the preseason hype.

Michigan has yet to even appear in the Big Ten Championship game. Finishing 4th in the B1G East standings probably wasn't what they envisioned when he was hired. He's not in bust territory by a long shot, but I think reality has not matched the hope so far.

Harbaugh did an amazing job at Stanford. I have not been impressed with his time in Ann Arbor. He managed an immediate recruiting burst when he was first hired, and the win-loss record improved, but all he really did was get them back up to where they were under Lloyd Carr. Maybe that's not an insult, but I don't think 9-4 type seasons with losses to rivals MSU and Ohio State were the goal. Michigan is NOT a national power despite the preseason hype.

Michigan has yet to even appear in the Big Ten Championship game. Finishing 4th in the B1G East standings probably wasn't what they envisioned when he was hired. He's not in bust territory by a long shot, but I think reality has not matched the hope so far.
Well they have finished the last two seasons under him ranked in the top 11 and he has them ranked 17. This after the last guy finished 7-6 and 5-7. As for playing the in Championship Game? Yea he missed in his first two years to a team that won the National Championship and to another team that finished the season ranked 7th. I would venture to guess that JH's lack of success getting to the Championship is as much on the tough division as it is his coaching. It was pretty apparent last year that the ref's game Penn State the win against Michigan on a poor ball spot.

Reactions: oldjar07
Definitey Dantonio. Specially for the long haul. The supporting cast seems to grow tired of Harbaugh's zany antics after a few years. They can't stand working with him. Seems the consensus after Harbaugh leaves is that no one is really sad to see him go.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is how sad some of our fans have become...that we are not actually making fun of teams for only getting 10 wins and being relevant.

I remember when we mocked 9 wins...now we are pretending that 7 wins would be an amazing coaching job.

(7 wins + 0 toxins + 2 trophies from Canada) = 11 wins

Acting like you don't know RileyMath

Well they have finished the last two seasons under him ranked in the top 11 and he has them ranked 17. This after the last guy finished 7-6 and 5-7. As for playing the in Championship Game? Yea he missed in his first two years to a team that won the National Championship and to another team that finished the season ranked 7th. I would venture to guess that JH's lack of success getting to the Championship is as much on the tough division as it is his coaching. It was pretty apparent last year that the ref's game Penn State the win against Michigan on a poor ball spot.

Yeah, and they have had pretty stellar recruiting classes as well. He had like 5 returning starters this year, and I think next year he has 19? I'll be curious what he does next year, and how he finishes. If he can get any offense that team is salty.

I would definitely take Harbaugh over Dantonio. Harbaugh just had 2 monster sized recruiting classes the last 2 years. Wait until those guys are seniors and they're going to be a great team.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Wolves were just still full from all that pasta in Rome otherwise they win going away

I'd take Harbaugh in a heartbeat. Guy is a winner, and is winning games this year with basically a complete roster flip. He is brining in crazy amounts of talent, and I bet Michigan is in the title hunt in two years. Guy wins everywhere he goes.
Michigan has had crazy amounts of talent for 125 years. Most out here just didn’t pay attention until 10 yrs ago... or until click bait site led you to that conclusion by your nose

Reactions: dinglefritz
mich needs to do the same thing to their OC as we do to ours. man, i wish we had tried to hire brown as our DC a couple of years ago. mich plays some serious D.

This thread is interesting.
Riley apologists calling out harbaugh for not doing well enough despite the team he inherited being poor, showing evidence based improvement, and his current recruiting.
Rileavers saying he's doing a good job and "wait til he gets his recruits" etc despite the fact that he is not meeting expectations especially in regards to his rivals and hasn't played in B1G game.
It's just interesting and I'm sure both sides will read that the way they prefer.

This thread is interesting.
Riley apologists calling out harbaugh for not doing well enough despite the team he inherited being poor, showing evidence based improvement, and his current recruiting.
Rileavers saying he's doing a good job and "wait til he gets his recruits" etc despite the fact that he is not meeting expectations especially in regards to his rivals and hasn't played in B1G game.
It's just interesting and I'm sure both sides will read that the way they prefer.

14 players drafted in the last 2 drafts. So far, at Michigan, he has shown he is a better coach at Michigan than Brady Hoke was.

He basically has done what Bo Pelini did at Nebraska with Bill Callahan recruits, without the division titles, getting paid about $6mil more per year

Not sure they are paying him $8-10 million a year to finish 3rd in the East and be 1-4 against Ohio St and Michigan St. Expectations are a bitch.

Especially when the previous coach had the same exact record and actually WON the orange bowl instead of getting bitch slapped by an underdog.

ADVERTISEMENT