ADVERTISEMENT

Would you roll out TA for only 1st play tomorrow?

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
If he can't go do you let him go out there for a HB pitch on 1st play and take him out so he can get his ovation ?

If he can't go do you let him go out there for a HB pitch on 1st play and take him out so he can get his ovation ?
Seems like a safe play, but really silly thing to do. He could get hurt. I've seen similar situations where an injury did occur. He will get his love (well deserved) during introduction of seniors.

Maybe if we are winning close to the end of the game, put him in for a handoff or something. But I'm even iffy on that.

No, if he's injured, he does not suit up.

I heard someone today (can't remember who) introduce the concept of starting Ryker but have TA ready for an emergency if the game is close. I really don't like that idea for that fact that if TA would have to come in and say, re-injures himself, then what kind of position is the team in when you have to put Ryker back in after he got pulled. Then you might not have TA for Iowa.

Reactions: saluno22
Two games and then a month off...dude is a warrior & old school husker tough. I think we'll see him no matter what.

GBR

You can have him come out and call a time out.
You can have him come out and do a direct snap to the RB.

I don't think doing that would suit this staff's style. I believe Wilbon got a few more carries against NW since he is from Chicago and maybe to impress the local coaches we may want to work with in the future. But in this case I think this staff has the next man up mentality that you do what you need to do to win.

The Senior Day festivities seem to eliminate the need for anything like that. He'll get a well-deserved ovation, whether in uniform or not. I don't think coming in for one play would add much to the send-off, especially if you are trying to get him healthy for next week.

ADVERTISEMENT