ADVERTISEMENT

Would YOU redshirt Martinez?

Apr 19, 2003
It seems clear that Frost will not redshirt Martinez, but I’m curious of everyone’s thoughts on what they would do if they could make the call.

We’re staring down the barrel of a 1-2 win season and, while it’s important Adrian get experience, his health is paramount and our offensive line is poor.

I’d hate to see a year wasted and an injury given the level of rebuild we’re dealing with.

Any thoughts?

Why redshirt him? He didnt play his SR year in high school, and let's face it, he still has to prove himself.

Reactions: jeans15
He's not very good, but he's all we have. Play him now and hope McCaffrey isigood enough to start over him next year.

Reactions: Chuck003
i think he is a liability to the rest of the team this year.. i pull him, and get someone else in here for next year

Reactions: SC_'sker
To me, it greatly depends on the extent of his injury. If the team doctors think he'd be better off having surgery, I'd get redshirt him and prepare for spring ball. If he's really at the level where it is okay to play, then probably not. The results on the field probably won't change at this point.

No, they need to find a qb that is better than him. He's your starter, now roll with him.

I would be after another big-time QB recruit, transfer or otherwise.

Attrition needs to be the norm. Break down the entire foundation. Young and hungry? Come play. Old and worn out and full of suck? Instant retirement.

The bigger question here is how many guys on the team that have played 4 games now, decide to eject and transfer from this mess?

I wouldn’t. He’s the best at this point. I would be trying to recruit over him

Martinez is awesome. Did nobody notIce the PlayStation-like yards the Big Red put up? I seriously think this fan base is so focused on being miserable that you can’t see anything good. Step away and bandwagon back on when we are good again...

Martinez is awesome. Did nobody notIce the PlayStation-like yards the Big Red put up? I seriously think this fan base is so focused on being miserable that you can’t see anything good. Step away and bandwagon back on when we are good again...

PlayStation yards and only 28 points. Sweet?

if I thought he was going to be the next Peyton Manning I guess I would redshirt him in hopes of giving him a better OL next year, but he doesn't look near that level to me, so I say keep playing him now.

Give him blocks and give him protection, he makes plays. He also makes freshman mistakes that we all knew he would make.

Are you people doing drugs? Stupid? Or is this a joke I’m not getting?
No, but to me, I just don't see them playing like a team and it makes me think there is a personnel problem.

You can try to go replace all your offensive lineman, or maybe you just put Bunch back there as they seem to block better for him.

Granted, middle of the third quarter is the first time it looked to me like Martinez even tried this year.. most of the time he has an 'oh well' type of attitude.

I think way too many people are hung up on his athletic skills, but fail to see his shortcomings as a leader and guy that others on the team can believe in to go get it done.

You can't have a successful team when the dynamic is like that.

It seems clear that Frost will not redshirt Martinez, but I’m curious of everyone’s thoughts on what they would do if they could make the call.

We’re staring down the barrel of a 1-2 win season and, while it’s important Adrian get experience, his health is paramount and our offensive line is poor.

I’d hate to see a year wasted and an injury given the level of rebuild we’re dealing with.

Any thoughts?
You are a moron

as long as martinez is healthy I wouldn't , he needs experience.
I might pull him against wisconson and ohio state if our offense is turnstiles and he's getting hammered.

ADVERTISEMENT