ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather

I rather think being an Iowa football is not far removed from being a Husker basketball fan. Not much better results for Iowa football really! Cannot put the two football programs even in the same book let alone the same page!

Im sure there are many Iowa fans, that would change sides if they could. It is no question, Nebraska.

Be a Husker fan living in the past or a Hawkeye fan that doesn't have one ? Serious. This is always debated. I'm ok with 5 rings myself.
As long as I don't have to wear jorts and sport a $hitty goatee, I'll party like it's 1995.

100% has to do with when you were born. Like 97 or earlier definitely the huskers. 98 or later probably the hawks. I was born in 85 and was super jealous of nebraska when I was young. My nephew (16) cannot even imagine Nebraska being the team his dad and I talk about.
I saw em all. The Big Red was truly that. We did to teams what Iowa has been doing to us lately.

Reactions: lrtbahawk
This isn't hate thread Hawkeyes. It's a honest question . You have the better team these last few years and I've called the last 3. I will say it's going
Hawkeye would never want my whole existence to be about sports.
I'm not that guy but I do bleed Red for Husker football. I know what you're talking about having lived out of state for 23 years.

This
I rather think being an Iowa football is not far removed from being a Husker basketball fan. Not much better results for Iowa football really! Cannot put the two football programs even in the same book let alone the same page!
Were talking Football of course. That's the true love of most Husker fans.

100% has to do with when you were born. Like 97 or earlier definitely the huskers. 98 or later probably the hawks. I was born in 85 and was super jealous of nebraska when I was young. My nephew (16) cannot even imagine Nebraska being the team his dad and I talk about.

I’d say later than 98 and beyond. In 99 Nebraska was a 1 loss team who won a B12 title and whooped up Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl. In 2000 they were a solid 2 loss team. 2001 they played for a national title and ended the season with 2 losses. Since that point they also played for 2 more B12 titles and a B1G title. 2002 until now I may give ya but 98 to 2001 does not make your case better.

Be a Husker fan living in the past or a Hawkeye fan that doesn't have one ? Serious. This is always debated. I'm ok with 5 rings myself.

I would rather be you. After all, how many people have rings from all 5 Husker Nattys. How did you work that out with the NCAA with regards to eligibility? I mean, holy shit, you must have been one tough 55 year old.

Oh wait, they give out rings to super fans?

My bad.

Regardless of one’s allegiances, this is ludicrous. Nebraska basketball is more like a Rutgers of football. Seriously...one of the historically poorest P5 programs on the hardwood

Reactions: ThriceHawk
That's a easy answer, Nebraska with a past and future, Iowa can stay in Groundhog Day under Captain Kirk and his son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT