ADVERTISEMENT

Would Vedral start for Bethune-cookman?

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
As bad as their QB was he was at least playing against a Big 10 defense (don't care if it's one on the worst B1G defenses, it still is one).

Vedral, looked lost and confused on any pass further than 5 yards...and this was against Bethune-Cookman at home. I am so scared to think what would happen if he had to take over the offense on the road against OSU, Iowa, etc

To be fair, Vedral didn't have the first-team O-Line and receivers around him.

But I was expecting better for someone who's been running the offense for 2 years, against an FCS defense. Hopefully McCaffrey is the real deal and can be a solid back-up next year, or we might want to sign a 2nd QB for 2019.

Yeah I was very surprised how poor he looked. Looked like a guy who has never seen this offense before. Hopefully just nerves.

Reactions: EATAFAT1

But I was expecting better for someone who's been running the offense for 2 years, against an FCS defense. Hopefully McCaffrey is the real deal and can be a solid back-up next year, or we might want to sign a 2nd QB for 2019.
The way he missed open receivers had nothing to do with the second team players he was playing with. We did have a drop or two of balls that should have been caught, but overall I was disappointed with Vedral's play. He'll get better IMO but at this point I think Bunch is better.

That has very little to do with his decision making and inability to put passes on target. He is better on his feet. But in words the staff use, he seems like a slow blinker in this offense compared to bunch and am. I just hope we never have to find out who our best 2nd qb is the rest of the year.

Any chance we could get Max Duggan to change his mind? TCU is currently losing to Kansas. Their offense is pitiful.

The way he missed open receivers had nothing to do with the second team players he was playing with. We did have a drop or two of balls that should have been caught, but overall I was disappointed with Vedral's play. He'll get better IMO but at this point I think Bunch is better.

Not really fair to compare because not only has he only practiced a few weeks but he isn't familiar with the wrs he is working with...also you cannot tell if the missed throws are his fault or some freshman wr...many missed passes are a footwork mistake with the WR, especially on timing routes. The backup WRs didn't look like they knew what they were doing either. He looked like UCFs backup qb, who happened to transfer,then sit out 10 months, get an o.k to play, practice two weeks, and then get thrown into a game.

Reactions: keilwitzg
I think NV was thinking more about what he was doing for the Halloween fun on campus tonight and not as much about BC...

Not really fair to compare because not only has he only practiced a few weeks but he isn't familiar with the wrs he is working with...
Did Vedral not practice all spring and all season? I thought he was only ineligible for games until a few weeks ago?

He probably couldn't start for Wahoo Newman at this point. He sucks. Why would Frost recruit or play someone who is so terrible? I seriously question whether Frost knows what is going on.

I was just talking to my neighbors about this - Vedral looked really bad today, just as he did in the spring game.

Frost has to be putting a major premium on being able to run vs. pass - Bunch isn’t nearly as quick as Vedral, but is a much better passer (and it’s not even close).

If Martinez goes down, we’re in trouble. Big trouble.

Vedral is a much better runner than Bunch, and I think people are forgetting just how bad of a passer Bunch was. At this point, I think they're both about equal in passing ability which is very poor.

Ridiculous. I remember the MARTINEZ SUCKS thread too. Vedral will be fine. Even at this point he has accomplished more in his FB career than 99.99% of the posters here.
He probably couldn't start for Wahoo Newman at this point. He sucks. Why would Frost recruit or play someone who is so terrible? I seriously question whether Frost knows what is going on.
You omitted the obligatory "Martinez sucks" comment...

Everyone seems to have seen something I missed during Bunch’s time as QB. I remember a guy that missed wide open wr’s in the end zone vs Colorado and the guy coaches wouldn’t let throw over the middle to wide open wr’s vs Troy and opted to run into a 9 man front all day instead.

Reactions: oldjar07
Vedral is a much better runner than Bunch, and I think people are forgetting just how bad of a passer Bunch was. At this point, I think they're both about equal in passing ability which is very poor.

I didn't draw a lot from Vedral's performance other than that he needs a lot of reps with a more synchronized unit to show what he can do. I don't think he's as bad as he looked today, and I saw some good things even. Same for Bunch, I saw some positive things

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT