ADVERTISEMENT

Would Bears fans be excited about Stafford?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Caught a few minutes of Cowherd and heard it being talked about....I know we have a few Bears fans on the board....I would be luke warm at best if I were a Bears fan. I'd orefer Goff or Watson personally.

probably, but would Stafford be happy with the Bears? Seems like their coach is on thin ice. If I'm Stafford, I want an untouchable coach for at least 3 years. Prolly the Rams or Saints if they'd have me. Stafford has seen a ton of change in coaches over his career. That sucks.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
hell yes

one of the toughest guys ever to play the game

he would be an instant fan favorite in Chi
But again, from Stafford's perspective, the Bears are notoriously cheap, so why even entertain them? He needs weapons and they don't have any. I'd lay money that they let Allen Robinson go. He wants out.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
But again, from Stafford's perspective, the Bears are notoriously cheap, so why even entertain them? He needs weapons and they don't have any. I'd lay money that they let Allen Robinson go. He wants out.
they have been notoriously cheap, yes. but, in the last few years, they've given big contracts out.

I think Robinson would re-sign if they brought in a capable QB. guy caught 110 passes last year, after all. he deserves to be paid.

Kmet/Miller/Mooney/Monty all serviceable weapons, too.

Caught a few minutes of Cowherd and heard it being talked about....I know we have a few Bears fans on the board....I would be luke warm at best if I were a Bears fan. I'd orefer Goff or Watson personally.

Stafford would be the best QB the Bears has ever had in their franchise history. The Bears have always had crappy QBs. Jim McMahon was the only decent QB they had, but he was with Walter Payton and the D.

Stafford to the Bears is certainly intriguing, although I wonder how financially tied they are to Foles/Trubisky. He's certainly an upgrade. I actually think he would crush it in DC, and make the WFT dangerous immediately.

Stafford to the Bears is certainly intriguing, although I wonder how financially tied they are to Foles/Trubisky. He's certainly an upgrade. I actually think he would crush it in DC, and make the WFT dangerous immediately.
foles 1 year left, mitch's contract is up.

I wouldn't be sad if they brought mitch back as a backup, honestly.

Stafford would be the best QB the Bears has ever had in their franchise history. The Bears have always had crappy QBs. Jim McMahon was the only decent QB they had, but he was with Walter Payton and the D.
might be right.

Cutler is statistically their best QB ever, and it's not even close.

I can see Watson to Chicago. It's a major market and he craves that level of attention. Get it right and they'll love him forever.

If i'm a Bear fan I want Watson to but I don't think they have the trading pieces to make it work do they?? One thing peoole overlook is the Texans actually hold all the cards, not Watson. If the Texans do what they always do...which is to say act like total dorks, Watson can't do a damn thing about it....but this is the best off season I can ever remember!!!!

If i'm a Bear fan I want Watson to but I don't think they have the trading pieces to make it work do they?? One thing peoole overlook is the Texans actually hold all the cards, not Watson. If the Texans do what they always do...which is to say act like total dorks, Watson can't do a damn thing about it....but this is the best off season I can ever remember!!!!
I (Bears fan) would be perfectly fine trading multiple 1st rounders for Watson

addition by subtraction since pace can't screw up those picks down the road

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
As dumb as the Lions have been in the past, a trade within the division is not happening.
True. My gut tells me New Orleans. Don't know why. I saw Brady to the Bucs last season from a mile away. It was so obvious. Arians and Brady is Arians and Warner, the sequel. Just crazy enough to work.

Reactions: Hedley Lemar
You may be the only person in the world that would take Goff over Stafford. Watson at his age, definitely, but Goff is horrible. There's not a team in the league that would want Goff at his price. There will be many who want Stafford.

I wonder how Stafford would do playing out in the elements of Chicago vs dome in Detroit.

Last edited:
You may be the only person in the world that would take Goff over Stafford. Watson at his age, definitely, but Goff is horrible. There's not a team in the league that would want Goff at his price. There will be many who want Stafford.

While not worth his price tag....I've seen him play outstanding football in the not that far away past.....I've never seen Stafford play at that level, and to be clear I don't love Goff, but I feel like we've see Stafford's ceiling, and it isn't very high.

Stafford wants out of a losing environment and surely has his eyes on opportunities to win big. The obvious location is Indy, if they are willing to pay the hefty price.

I’m a Colt fan and I would love to see the Colts get Stafford, Young team, Solid O-line, Taylor really came on at RB the 2nd half of season, Reich does a good job with Qb’s. I hope they can make it happen.

Reactions: run4fun11
I sure enjoyed Bobby Douglass back in the day.

While not worth his price tag....I've seen him play outstanding football in the not that far away past.....I've never seen Stafford play at that level, and to be clear I don't love Goff, but I feel like we've see Stafford's ceiling, and it isn't very high.
Just not sure the protection was there. Certainly had his share of good wide receivers. But mentioned here more than a few times. Detroit is just not a winning environment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT