ADVERTISEMENT

would be nice to have a guy like this back on the roster

Said it before and I’ll say it again, our athletic department should flat out refuse to play any football games at the University of Purdue. Their field is so poorly maintained and in such crap condition it ruined DPE‘s career and we’ll see what happens with Myles Farmer and if is able to make a complete recovery.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, our athletic department should flat out refuse to play any football games at the University of Purdue. Their field is so poorly maintained and in such crap condition it ruined DPE‘s career and we’ll see what happens with Myles Farmer and if is able to make a complete recovery.

I thought the worse injury came during an endzone celebration the next year.
Agree with with the point of how shitty the Purdue field is. Do they not have a Plant Science, or Agronomy department they can utilise?

Was JD Spielman any good at that? I know he left, and I thought people said he was a returner...just curious what you guys think. Nice pic by the way.
He was decent with the ball in his hands but terrible judge of when to catch it and when to let it go. Not great at catching it either.

that said, with your username, why are you just hanging out on a Husker board?

Reactions: jeans1515
Hoping Cam Taylor-Britt can prove something this year.
We need special teams to help us, not hurt us.

DPE was a very good punt returner prior to his injury. NU has been atrocious returning punts for years now. I don't understand how hard it is to put 2 guys back and get a solid gain after catching a punt.

I don't even need multiple PR TDs in a season, just catch the damn thing and advance it on a consistent basis.

In our heyday, TO routinely put three back to field a punt to preserve field position. Worked well then.

DPE was a very good punt returner prior to his injury. NU has been atrocious returning punts for years now. I don't understand how hard it is to put 2 guys back and get a solid gain after catching a punt.

I don't even need multiple PR TDs in a season, just catch the damn thing and advance it on a consistent basis.
Said this during the season.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Completely disagree, he's easily the most dynamic player we could put back there.
Show it..he basically lost the Iowa game.

So far he hasnt shown anything that says dynamic.

Let him play CB. And we can get the samething hes produced so far from someone else.

A few weeks ago I watched the NU-Notre Dame replay (Lincoln, 2001?). I noticed for every punt our PR had between 5-10 yards to start running without a tackler. Now there are 3 guys right in their face when they make the catch. Plus, we have to be the worst team in the nation fair-catching inside the 10.

bring back bo to coach special teams.
Weren't we absolutely atrocious in 2012 or 2013 on punt returns? I think we had like 4-5 muffed punts vs Northwestern alone in one of those years.

But I think the year after that Bo took on special teams himself and it was greatly improved.

Reactions: bshirt73
Weren't we absolutely atrocious in 2012 or 2013 on punt returns? I think we had like 4-5 muffed punts vs Northwestern alone in one of those years.

But I think the year after that Bo took on special teams himself and it was greatly improved.
LOL, no. DPE happened. Just got lucky a recruit was that good. Unexpected.

Bo coached Special Teams in 2014 and we were #1 in the NATION overall!!

That being said the years he DIDN'T coach Special Teams we were still light years overall better than we are NOW and it's not even close!!

I don't recall which year but I was at the game, it was at Northwestern in Evanston. We gave a big, sarcastic round of applause when somebody managed to just fair catch it.

I wanna say it was a year Ameer was on the roster because I think they finally put him back there to end the string of eff-ups.

Reactions: HuskerO
I don't recall which year but I was at the game, it was at Northwestern in Evanston. We gave a big, sarcastic round of applause when somebody managed to just fair catch it.

I wanna say it was a year Ameer was on the roster because I think they finally put him back there to end the string of eff-ups.
Hahaha!! I do remember hearing the announcers laughing because of the Husker fans clapping just because we (finally) fielded a clean punt like you mentioned.

To think those were the good years 😭😭

ADVERTISEMENT