Worst US President In American History

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
giphy.gif
Winking

It’s actually a textbook set up. Watch the commodities. Most of us are wearing really big smiles in our sector right now. Bring that inflation on!!

Reactions: 94husker and zar45

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
@lipem is correct. In fact this election cycle would have been a major win for pubs if Trump and Mitch hadn't blown Georgia

I don't disagree that Republicans gained seats in 2020. I disagree with @lipem characterization that the Republicans "actually did not lose the House because they gained seats". The House is completely up for grabs every two years. Democrats won control of the House for the 117th Congress in the 2020 election.

Reactions: 94husker

throwin bones50

Nebraska Legend
Sep 3, 2009
Joe is also 100% against universal healthcare. But he does want a provision in protecting those that can’t afford the traditional variety.
Ya my guess is that there would be a very affordable option in my plan under the underwritten version if you could qualify for a private sector option.

I think most would be shocked at what you could get into actually. Mainly because this would have price controls on the insurance company. They don't want to be paying more into the kitty to keep the guaranteed program in line It would also make care providers price conscious because the patient would have to sign off saying they reviewed all other options in the area. I think you would also see more in high deductible plans because of this. It makes it easier to shop out your care and keep cost down. With everybody having access to HSA's it would also make it easier for them to pay a high deductible plan. It would also encourage a healthy life style because you don't want to pay for the care. So you don't want to be a fat.

You could also have a subsidy for it, but I don't like that. Mainly, because that encourages individuals to keep incomes down to maximize govt programs.

I just think it is another one of those simple fixes, but it wont get me a second term because I would be the asshole who fixed college and healthcare :cool:

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
I wonder how long it takes for the money to reverse out of bitcoin and go into silver/gold...... Bitcoin is getting ridiculous

Need to get the Dollar down and then get ready for another move higher. Loving our soybean positions in particular right now. We bought some copper last week and the manufacturing numbers yesterday didn’t hurt the cause. Silver has hung in better than gold this month due to the industrial aspect.

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
I think there’s more saying we do need this much. And sadly, we’ve become much too comfortable with big deficits and high debt. That will be overlooked at the polls in 2022 if the economy is running strong and the people are healthy and back to work.
chance of that happening. 0%

H2Oman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
Where did he specifically order something about fracking and what jobs specifically were lost?
Why let the Cult narrative stop the truth. Truth is not their serum. BTW - are we looking at gains in other areas when we count job losses overall? The Cult wants to be right so bad they just lie.

H2Oman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
@lipem is correct. In fact this election cycle would have been a major win for pubs if Trump and Mitch hadn't blown Georgia
Not really, the point is the Defendant lost the house during his term. The loss wasn't as big as 2018, but ask the Pubs in the house if they really feel as good now as they did in 2017.

Reactions: philosophusker

lipem

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2009
I think there’s more saying we do need this much. And sadly, we’ve become much too comfortable with big deficits and high debt. That will be overlooked at the polls in 2022 if the economy is running strong and the people are healthy and back to work.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana

Larry Summers has turned into a hack the past several years, but I do agree that this stimulus could set off some inflation. But that’s what they want to be honest.

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
am on task. 10,000+ out of work. fracking no. oil and gas prices up. buy more foreign when we were self suficient. open boarders.

You are absolutely braindead haha. You constantly come into these threads talking shit with absolutely nothing to back up what you say, just keep repeating it over and over as if it's a fact. Back up your claims. Show evidence of the 10,000 job loss. Show some evidence of them completely banning fracking. Show you evidence of anyone, anywhere wanting or working towards open borders.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
keystone pipe line. no fracking.
Yes. You can do it.

What specific fracking legislation and what specific jobs as a result of that legislation.

Forget the Keystone pipeline. I'm with you on that. Focus on the fracking.

Bart Man

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
The trade deficit was increasing prior to the pandemic so no, it had little impact. In regard to the rest, I certainly am concerned about the money being printed, just as I was worried when Trump was pushing up spending and cutting taxes during a strong economy. But there is no choice but to pump big bucks into the economy now. And your last sentence has no merit.
No merit? Because it hasn’t happened yet? Read tax plans of Senators Wyden and Sanders and tell me there won’t be a money grab with major changes to capital gains and estate tax policy. Another good article in Inside Indiana Business Sunday Jan 24th.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
No merit? Because it hasn’t happened yet? Read tax plans of Senators Wyden and Sanders and tell me there won’t be a money grab with major changes to capital gains and estate tax policy. Another good article in Inside Indiana Business Sunday Jan 24th.

Good thing Sanders isn’t president.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
green new deal
We can ask about that one too. GND is an inaction piece of legislation that was never passed or voted on. It's essentially a term paper that one freshman senator wrote that never became anything.

So. Fracking. What specific order? What specific jobs?

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
You are absolutely braindead haha. You constantly come into these threads talking shit with absolutely nothing to back up what you say, just keep repeating it over and over as if it's a fact. Back up your claims. Show evidence of the 10,000 job loss. Show some evidence of them completely banning fracking. Show you evidence of anyone, anywhere wanting or working towards open borders.
have someone read the news for you. obviously you can t.