ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Nebraska team ever.

Anyone reading this thread please recognize the amount of “newbies” or “RS freshmen” posting in this thread that agree to this.

Obviously record wise, the worst team in school history. But we aren’t getting out classed on the field. We aren’t getting blown off of the lines and Outside of Michigan aren’t getting blown out. Riley’s teams were getting blown out. If you don’t see a better product on the field, please by all means go watch out games from last year in case you forgot.
We still have Ohio St. to deal with.

Pelini got fired because he's an asshole, not because he was a 9 game winner. And did you see some of those losses to other B1G teams his last few years?
He also got fired cuz he couldn't compete with the big dogs he got steam rolled once Callie's players were gone and terrible recruiters if bo beat the top teams constantly he never would have been fired

Reactions: TheBeav815
Urbs a douche he'll run up the score he really shouldn't be coaching but winning is more important to Ohio state than integrity so I have lost any respect for them while he there

Reactions: Huskred01
Anyone reading this thread please recognize the amount of “newbies” or “RS freshmen” posting in this thread that agree to this.

Obviously record wise, the worst team in school history. But we aren’t getting out classed on the field. We aren’t getting blown off of the lines and Outside of Michigan aren’t getting blown out. Riley’s teams were getting blown out. If you don’t see a better product on the field, please by all means go watch out games from last year in case you forgot.
We got annihilated by a good, not great Michigan team and our team gave up after a couple of plays. We've lost to two crap teams in Troy and Purdue, and Northwestern isn't much better. We got blown off the lines on both sides of the ball against Troy, Michigan and Wisconsin. We make countless mistakes that no division I football team should be making. This is a much worse product than was on the field even last year.

We got annihilated by a good, not great Michigan team and our team gave up after a couple of plays. We've lost to two crap teams in Troy and Purdue, and Northwestern isn't much better. We got blown off the lines on both sides of the ball against Troy, Michigan and Wisconsin. We make countless mistakes that no division I football team should be making. This is a much worse product than was on the field even last year.
I wouldn't go that far I'd say Michigan was the only team we got blown off the ball. When you have players that are fragile mentally this is what you get, I have no doubt they practice great but that's a controlled environment it's sorta like when a baseball player goes into a batters slump, in a game situation doubt sets in really quickly when things go sideways or bad look at their body language start of the forth quarter with the lead this wasn't a team that had confidence they'd win

You do realize fits isn't go to take you anywhere he's been there long enough has really accomplished anything, yes maybe frost won't either but he truly inherited a dumpster fire a team with do desire no heart and not bothered by loosing, Fitz didn't have it that bad when he took over

No joke. You guys fired a guy for only winning 9 games.

Boy, does that look insanely idiotic now.
Like someone said earlier - if you think Pelini is such a great coach, make sure to demand that you’re AD hire him the next time you’re school is looking for a new coach.

No. IL & Troy wash out and I don’t agree with you that Purdue is a bad team. They are a good team. Since Blough has completely taken over there, thy Makers have been playing great football. Beat a ranked team in BC, beat us, blew out IL, and lost in the finally seconds to Mizzou. And I wouldn’t say they beat us on both sides of the ball. Oz doesn’t run for 170 if they owned our O-line. A-Mart doesn’t have 400+ total yards if they own our O-line.

NW isn’t a bad team either. Subtract that last drive in regulation and our D would have had a solid game. And that was against the best QB we’ve seen year to date and maybe all year. Thorson is an NFL QB in the waiting. And a NW team who beat a pretty dam good MSU team. And NW didn’t blow us out or dominate us. Same story, Oz doesn’t run for 150+ if our O-line was owned.

Last I checked Colorado was ranked and we outplayed them. May or may not be ranked next week. But they have played great ball.

Yeah I just don’t see this team getting blown out by teams like Minnesota or Iowa. We played much better against Wisconsin this year then last and this year was a road game.

If you were looking for results this year on the score board, I’m sorry but you were foolish. This year’s results are with your eyes and football knowledge. There is a lot more things starting to go right, in the right direction this year then in years past. Yes, this team isn’t finishing but they are not getting owned. The team is a play or two away in every game from being 5-1 right now. I couldn’t say that last year. We never had a chance in many games last year, and it was an easier schedule.

Also note, when Jimmy Johnson took over the Cowboys, his first year he went 1-15. People said he wasn’t ready for the next level. Said his success was limited to the lower level of college football. Boy were those people completely wrong. Said he hadn’t been a head coach long enough to be handed the keys to the prestigious “America’s Team”. And he replaced a HOF legend. Frost is just replacing a con-artist, little geek

If we get blown out by Iowa and Minnesota, I’ll retract my statement. Until that happens, this staff and this team is still better than last year.

6 games in I agree this team is still better than last years team.. Even though this team is so penalty pron so was Riley’s teams and no question this is now on Frost and the staff to fix that has plagued us for almost a decade now..

Reactions: spinner4
I think this team sucks, and we might as well start calling them losers.

Maybe that will motivate them to change their situation, or not.

Bunch of flipping Losers, coaching staff included.

I think this team sucks, and we might as well start calling them losers.

Maybe that will motivate them to change their situation, or not.

Bunch of flipping Losers, coaching staff included.

Ya, but I’ll be rotting for them next Saturday and backing them to get this 5 ton gorilla off their backs..

Reactions: NikkiSixx
You do realize fits isn't go to take you anywhere he's been there long enough has really accomplished anything, yes maybe frost won't either but he truly inherited a dumpster fire a team with do desire no heart and not bothered by loosing, Fitz didn't have it that bad when he took over
Northwestern is doing just fine with Fitz. They're never going to be a powerhouse. Although I don't think Fitz is a very good coach, he's doing well enough at Northwestern.

Northwestern is doing just fine with Fitz. They're never going to be a powerhouse. Although I don't think Fitz is a very good coach, he's doing well enough at Northwestern.

Not a very good coach that has won 10 of 11 B1G games... Count me in when the same thing is said about SF in the future...

Reactions: 9and4
No. IL & Troy wash out and I don’t agree with you that Purdue is a bad team. They are a good team. Since Blough has completely taken over there, thy Makers have been playing great football. Beat a ranked team in BC, beat us, blew out IL, and lost in the finally seconds to Mizzou. And I wouldn’t say they beat us on both sides of the ball. Oz doesn’t run for 170 if they owned our O-line. A-Mart doesn’t have 400+ total yards if they own our O-line.

NW isn’t a bad team either. Subtract that last drive in regulation and our D would have had a solid game. And that was against the best QB we’ve seen year to date and maybe all year. Thorson is an NFL QB in the waiting. And a NW team who beat a pretty dam good MSU team. And NW didn’t blow us out or dominate us. Same story, Oz doesn’t run for 150+ if our O-line was owned.

Last I checked Colorado was ranked and we outplayed them. May or may not be ranked next week. But they have played great ball.

Yeah I just don’t see this team getting blown out by teams like Minnesota or Iowa. We played much better against Wisconsin this year then last and this year was a road game.

If you were looking for results this year on the score board, I’m sorry but you were foolish. This year’s results are with your eyes and football knowledge. There is a lot more things starting to go right, in the right direction this year then in years past. Yes, this team isn’t finishing but they are not getting owned. The team is a play or two away in every game from being 5-1 right now. I couldn’t say that last year. We never had a chance in many games last year, and it was an easier schedule.

Also note, when Jimmy Johnson took over the Cowboys, his first year he went 1-15. People said he wasn’t ready for the next level. Said his success was limited to the lower level of college football. Boy were those people completely wrong. Said he hadn’t been a head coach long enough to be handed the keys to the prestigious “America’s Team”. And he replaced a HOF legend. Frost is just replacing a con-artist, little geek
As for Purdue, their wins are not impressive. They beat Boston College who should have never been ranked. Illinois is worse than Kansas this year and one of the worst teams in FBS. Thorson is not a good qb. He may have the measurables for the NFL like Tanner Lee did, but like Tanner he's not a good college qb. If we were actually having a decent year, we'd all be saying these teams were shit. Michigan State is a very average pedestrian team too. Iowa is the second best team on our schedule remaining and very capable of blowing us out and will blow us out if we play like we have for much of the season.

Not a very good coach that has won 10 of 11 B1G games... Count me in when the same thing is said about SF in the future...
Yeah and he loses all his games in the nonconference schedule. If that's the best SF can do, we've got a problem on our hands.

As for Purdue, their wins are not impressive. They beat Boston College who should have never been ranked. Illinois is worse than Kansas this year and one of the worst teams in FBS. Thorson is not a good qb. He may have the measurables for the NFL like Tanner Lee did, but like Tanner he's not a good college qb. If we were actually having a decent year, we'd all be saying these teams were shit. Michigan State is a very average pedestrian team too. Iowa is the second best team on our schedule remaining and very capable of blowing us out and will blow us out if we play like we have for much of the season.

eeyore. eeyore

You might be as negative of a poster as I’ve seen. I’m sure if we play Iowa close or beat them, you’ll be saying they are shit. I don’t think Purdue is a bad team. I think Michigan state is a good team. Had a good win yesterday, but let me guess, Penn State sucks too? You should look into changing your name to oldgrumpyfart07. I’m sure it’s free

eeyore. eeyore

You might be as negative of a poster as I’ve seen. I’m sure if we play Iowa close or beat them, you’ll be saying they are shit. I don’t think Purdue is a bad team. I think Michigan state is a good team. Had a good win yesterday, but let me guess, Penn State sucks too? You should look into changing your name to oldgrumpyfart07. I’m sure it’s free
I'm a positive person in general, but when you're 0-6, there's not much to be positive about. This team hasn't been fun to watch making the same stupid mistakes over and over again. That said, I think there was some definite improvement against Northwestern, and I think we have a better chance than not of beating Minnesota.

No, but I didn't expect us to have a worse record than we did last year under Riley. I don't think anybody did.
Because your expectations were based off ignorance. Don't confuse expectations with reality. We have had a tougher schedule in every way...frosty had no scholarship qbs, a defense that gave up 55 points in its last 4 games last year, and a true freshman kicker. So all three phases of the game were going to be bad at the beginning. Even having a veteran kicker would have made a difference to start the year and we probably have 2 win because we went for it on 4th multiple times when we could have kicked. Fans are fanatics, but are ignorant to everything except wins and losses. We have some dynamic players, but this thing is going to be slow in the making but will have strong foundations and hopefully be a solid program for the next 10-20 years.

Who the f do you think is getting these kids to play this hard. They sure as hell weren’t playing this hard the last few years. Can’t say our coaching is bad but our kids are playing hard.

I get that you're defending Frost. I believe he can turn this around. However, just like Callahan, Pelini and Riley, he has to win games with the players he has. When you have winnable games it comes down to coaching. Frost had the win and then choked it. It was up to him to call the right plays and manage the play clock. Enough about players, Chinander, beat up offensive line, freshman and whatever excuses you can come up with. When you have the win in your grasp you close the deal. This week's loss was frustrating because we should have won. Frost knows this. He just needs to own it and say so publicly. Privately, he can work with the players to work on deficiencies or replace staff. He's the one ultimately responsible.

It's 2018 and we're still having to explain to people that Pelini and Solich have both combined to accomplish absolutely nothing since leaving NU.

People have been trying to explain for years that this roster has a huge talent gap shot right through the middle of it. You're watching it manifest on the field on Saturdays. Our best guys are very young or playing out of position. They do things like throw horrible picks into double coverage in the clutch, snap the ball into nowhere, etc.

Frost took a very thinly veiled shot at Chinander in his press conference when someone asked what went on during the 99 yard drive. Frost's response: "I dont call the defense."

Wow, I hadn't heard that! That is very surprising. I don't think that's very thinly veiled at all. I think it's pretty apparent he wasn't very happy with Chin.

Wow, I hadn't heard that! That is very surprising. I don't think that's very thinly veiled at all. I think it's pretty apparent he wasn't very happy with Chin.
Or maybe it was just giving an honest answer to the question without any intent to criticize Chinander. Who knows.

Reactions: SkerInCo
It came off great in context, I took it as Scott sticking up for his DC. The question was basically, "Hey would you like an opportunity to openly second guess your DC?"

And Scott said "I don't call the defense." As in, "I'm not going to comment on what I think of his play calls and he's not going to comment on mine. Drop the subject."

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
It's 2018 and we're still having to explain to people that Pelini and Solich have both combined to accomplish absolutely nothing since leaving NU.

People have been trying to explain for years that this roster has a huge talent gap shot right through the middle of it. You're watching it manifest on the field on Saturdays. Our best guys are very young or playing out of position. They do things like throw horrible picks into double coverage in the clutch, snap the ball into nowhere, etc.

We have a clear picture of respective market value of all of our former head coaches. Just look at the jobs they got after getting fired from here.

Ya, but I’ll be rotting for them next Saturday and backing them to get this 5 ton gorilla off their backs..
Hey.... don't fall apart cheering for the huskers!
Wow....a walking dead zombie husker fan! OR was that horrendous game play/coaching enough to pull you out of the grave? HMMMMMMM

Reactions: Huskred01

Obviously record wise, the worst team in school history. But we aren’t getting out classed on the field. We aren’t getting blown off of the lines and Outside of Michigan aren’t getting blown out. Riley’s teams were getting blown out. If you don’t see a better product on the field, please by all means go watch our games from last year in case you forgot.
I agree with this, I was just as upset as anybody on Saturday, not because we lost, because we had the game won and blew it. Even still, I know we are better today than we were last year even though we have not won a game. The Minny game last year was absolutely atrocious, Riley's team quit and the defense was worse than abysmal. I have no doubt that if Riley was still the coach we would be 0-6 with six blow out losses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT