ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Nebraska team ever.

Easily the least clutch one for sure. They had this game and pissed it away.

I wouldn't punt again the rest of the year. Not because the punter today didn't do his job but rather the defense consistently fails when they need a stop.

Easily the least clutch one for sure. They had this game and pissed it away.

I wouldn't punt again the rest of the year. Not because the punter today didn't do his job but rather the defense consistently fails when they need a stop.

I can’t believe our punter pinned them on the 1 and Chinander wasted it.

I can’t believe our punter pinned them on the 1 and Chinander wasted it.

Great punt. Have opponent right where you want them and then it's like the defense stopped covering anyone.

I haven't been upset about a game all year. This one upsets me solely because it was there for the taking and three of the four things (defense, penalties and special teams specifically place kicking) contributed to the loss.

99 yards to go against a terrible team and folded.

Reactions: mmunso7
This team is worse than they were with Riley at this point. I doubt Nebraska would be winless this year if he was still the coach.

Nebraska's fan expectations are too greedy and give up on coaches with 9 win seasons. This is where it leads to.
Riley never won 9 games. If you're referring to Pelini, if you like him as a coach petition your team to hire him. There were waaaay more factors involved with firing him than just wins and losses.

This all just puts even more pressure on Frost to turn it around next season. If we see similar games, maddening coaching decisions, penalties, etc. next year as well, lord have mercy.

This team is worse than they were with Riley at this point. I doubt Nebraska would be winless this year if he was still the coach.

Nebraska's fan expectations are too greedy and give up on coaches with 9 win seasons. This is where it leads to.

No

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I hate UCF fans with a passion, but they did warn us about him and we all ignored.

The fans certainly didn’t ignore...i’m not sure I saw anyone happy to see Chin come to NU, except UCF fans. There was just nothing we could do. We as fans, were at the mercy of SF’s questionable decision to bring the entire UCF staff with him.

Reactions: husker2612
This team is worst than the team Riley fielded last year.
Pretty much the same team.. just with a freshman QB, new coaches, new system that existing players can’t adjust to, and same cancer that has killed this team for the last 20 years. No accountability! Did you expect Frost to come in year one, when every team on our original schedule were tough and got better from last year, to put lipstick on this turd and win? Delusional!

The kids will come to Nebraska and get a chance to not only play, but learn how to win!

Anyone reading this thread please recognize the amount of “newbies” or “RS freshmen” posting in this thread that agree to this.

Obviously record wise, the worst team in school history. But we aren’t getting out classed on the field. We aren’t getting blown off of the lines and Outside of Michigan aren’t getting blown out. Riley’s teams were getting blown out. If you don’t see a better product on the field, please by all means go watch our games from last year in case you forgot.

Last edited:
The fans certainly didn’t ignore...i’m not sure I saw anyone happy to see Chin come to NU, except UCF fans. There was just nothing we could do. We as fans, were at the mercy of SF’s questionable decision to bring the entire UCF staff with him.
Biggest questions is will Frost be able to can his best friend if it comes down to it. What is Chins resume outside of UCF?

Reactions: HuskAir
No, but I didn't expect us to have a worse record than we did last year under Riley. I don't think anybody did.
Pretty much the same team.. just with a freshman QB, new coaches, new system that existing players can’t adjust to, and same cancer that has killed this team for the last 20 years. No accountability! Did you expect Frost to come in year one, when every team on our original schedule were tough and got better from last year, to put lipstick on this turd and win? Delusional!
I’ll be the first to admit, I drank several gallons of the SF kool-aid. Now even I am starting to believe that it’s more than just bad luck here folks. I’m still in denial, but reality is setting in. Houston, we have a problem. OK, OK, enough of that talk. This could still be an incredible turnaround story. GBR.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
No, but I didn't expect us to have a worse record than we did last year under Riley. I don't think anybody did.
Again, same team from last year that pretty much quit every game! now playing with an inexperienced freshman QB and an offensive line that wasn’t built for this offense..and a defense with two players that play every down!
All the teams on our original schedule got better! and we didn’t! Purge coming! Frost is settling in! GBR!!

Reactions: spinner4

Pelini got fired because he's an asshole, not because he was a 9 game winner. And did you see some of those losses to other B1G teams his last few years?

Biggest questions is will Frost be able to can his best friend if it comes down to it. What is Chins resume outside of UCF?
Frost took a very thinly veiled shot at Chinander in his press conference when someone asked what went on during the 99 yard drive. Frost's response: "I dont call the defense."

Maybe Frost should call the defense, or at least say he's the HC, the buck stops here!;)

Yes , not good to throw your DC under the bus. This and talking about players not manning up can cause dissension in the locker room. That’s not good for a team trying to find a way to win.

I hope thhey end the year with at least 3 wins.
Winning helps bring a team together. This one hurts Team moral ‍♂️

no it's "ever".....0-6 never happened before...BUT....I would say worst coaching ever.....the players played hard enough to win.

Who the f do you think is getting these kids to play this hard. They sure as hell weren’t playing this hard the last few years. Can’t say our coaching is bad but our kids are playing hard.

Who the f do you think is getting these kids to play this hard. They sure as hell weren’t playing this hard the last few years. Can’t say our coaching is bad but our kids are playing hard.
There is a difference between being able to get a kid motivated and coaching that same kid. The game management has been horrendous and that is on Frost and company. So yes, I can say the coaching has been terrible but the players played hard.

It may or may not be the worst NU team ever, but I’ve never been as angry after a loss as I was today. And I overreact A LOT to NU football.

Today was the most ridiculous nonsense I’ve ever seen. It almost looked deliberate. I didn’t think it was possible to make the inane mistakes yet again without doing it on purpose. But here we are. I’m disgusted with this team.

Reactions: Huskred01
You can't have a D tackle make a mistake by hitting the QB in the head like he did especially when the penalty helps the other team get out of a hole. he did the samething against Purdue when he pushed the QB down after he had thrown the ball steps earlier. Dumb mistakes hurt you.. Time to smarten up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT