ADVERTISEMENT

Worst kept secret

Yawn. This is what recruiting has become. It has become such a circus and sideshow and kids are taking advantage of it. I have grown tired of all the crap. Commitment has a lot different meaning these days.

Yawn. This is what recruiting has become. It has become such a circus and sideshow and kids are taking advantage of it. I have grown tired of all the crap. Commitment has a lot different meaning these days.

Nobody is a commit until they sign in February. It is happening everywhere. Heck Oregon has lost 2-3 guys this fall.

I don't really blame him. It appears O'Brien is the heir apparent and is coming for spring. If Wilson comes here he might not see the field unless he switches positions. If by some miracle we get Gebbia it will make Wilson's chances worse.

I don't really blame him. It appears O'Brien is the heir apparent and is coming for spring. If Wilson comes here he might not see the field unless he switches positions. If by some miracle we get Gebbia it will make Wilson's chances worse.

Spot on, his style is better suited for Oregon after what I seen yesterday. He would have been quit a stretch to keep them both.

Gebbia would make us forget about the sting of losing Wilson.

Wilson is now a Duck.
I stand corrected. I really honestly thought we were going to keep him. If we were going to lose TW, I'm surprised he changed his mind this early. I'm glad he did it sooner rather than later though.

Good luck to him and onto the next.

Honestly why I pay little to no attention to recruiting anymore until signing day.

Reactions: arf_man
Wilson is now a Duck.
Good luck to the kid, but he will still have his work cut out for him at Oregon for playing time. They currently have 2 Freshman 4 star QBs on the roster in Travis Jonsen (Waller) and Morgan Mahalak. They also Seth Green committed in this class, who is also a 4 star.

Good luck to the kid, but he will still have his work cut out for him at Oregon for playing time. They currently have 2 Freshman 4 star QBs on the roster in Travis Jonsen (Waller) and Morgan Mahalak. They also Seth Green committed in this class, who is also a 4 star.
Isn't Seth Green a bit old to be a Fresman? Plus it's rare that midget, ginger qb's are any good.

Not a shocker. All N with O'Brien.
4GbBhO02_normal.jpg
TerryTouchdown @GLAProdigy

Thanks to the Nebraska coaching staff and fans but I am reopening my recruitment to commit to the University of Oregon!! #WTD #GoDucks
1f425.png
1f49a.png
1f49b.png

12:11 PM - 6 Sep 2015 · Oregon, USA, United States

Hopefully POB is the real deal, but I assume the staff will go after another QB to have two in this class if they intended to have two originally.

If our future offense looks like it did yesterday, we don't need much of a dual threat QB and they better find the future NFL QBs.

We are fine, O'Brien fits our offesne better and looks to be our future at QB, and they way it looks with tue Calabass crew, we should get Gebbia, KJ Jr, Hightower and hopefully Holmes. The 3 4 stars look to favor us and Holmes seems to be torn between us and Stanford. Hopefully after Standfords pour showing yesterday, we can pull him our way.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/...il&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-d90eab7ad7-220993981

We can't even hold on three star guys anymore and frankly it's a smart move considering where we are headed now.

We just started probably a 5 year sentence of being converted into Oregon State.

But the good news is we won't be embarrassed by sideline antics and our coach is a nice guy.

Too bad nice guys finish last......

Go big red !!

I can't wait until 2021 !!

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/...il&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-d90eab7ad7-220993981

We can't even hold on three star guys anymore and frankly it's a smart move considering where we are headed now.

We just started probably a 5 year sentence of being converted into Oregon State.

But the good news is we won't be embarrassed by sideline antics and our coach is a nice guy.

Go big red !!

Jesus. Can someone get rid of this recycled troll???

Elvis leave the building. Put down the whatever the heck you're smoking. Wilson was gone for a while and there are several reasons for it.

Watch out for chicken little running around as well where you are.

Take a breath seriously.

That`s just an overly dramatic post. Wilson has been gone for some time and it has nothing to do with Riley or Nebraska.
The kid hit the lottery with an Oregon offer. Who would`t switch? FYI he is a 4 star.

Go big red !!

Seriously Elvis back to.the toilet.

You are far from the news breaker on this one, and if didn't see this coming, you are even dumber than your posts make you appear.

Reactions: timnsun
I said this in the thread you guys had about Noah Fant. I take commitments with a grain of salt these days as kids change their mind, sometimes multiple times before signing day. This is why I think a lot of college program would benefit from an early signing period.

Seriously Elvis back to.the toilet.

You are far from the news breaker on this one, and if didn't see this coming, you are even dumber than your posts make you appear.
And that's saying something!

I have to tell you, at some point, it has to be VERY tough on these established grown men (the head coaches) to have to pander to these 17 year olds, continue to write them, tweet to them, kiss their asses only to find they don't hold any real form of commitment. I look at the kid, Fant, from Omaha who says "I'm committing to Iowa for now, but hope teams keep recruiting me" (something to that nature). Then why do you feel the need to commit if you hope teams continue to recruit you??

It screams of kids who love the attention and think they are a little more important than they really are.

I hope recruiting standards change to remove some of the power these kids think they have.

Regarding Wilson, I agree, it was obvious he was simply waiting for the Oregon offer and he finally received it. I'm pretty sure Riley and gang had written him off long ago.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
The reason they give a verbal is to ensure they have a spot somewhere. If Nebraska filled up on a certain position with kids as good or better - we may pull our offer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT