ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Head Football Coach in the Big 10 (Guys that matter)

Worst FB Coach in the Big 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 9, 2017
Shouldn't be a tough question... (I've left out the losers :Cool:)

Personally, I think it is a great list of coaches.

Undoubtedly better than when we entered the league. Money talks.

Ok I know they beat the piss out of Nebraska last year, but Minnesota wasn't all that great, so I gotta say Fleck.

Reactions: SuperSK
Frost hasn’t coached a game in the conference so I’m not sure why he is on the list. Harbaugh seems to be a good answer from that list because of how he has underachieved. I voted Fleck mainly out of spite for his antics and personality. He had a rough first year though so he still could be the worst on that list.

Reactions: huskerfan 67
If this was 2017, and you included Mike Riley, even the most kool aid blinded Husker fan would've had to admit Nebraska's coach was the worst guy on the list.
Yeah I was just going to say: this question got a lot harder since November of last year.

Frost hasn’t coached a game in the conference so I’m not sure why he is on the list. Harbaugh seems to be a good answer from that list because of how he has underachieved. I voted Fleck mainly out of spite for his antics and personality. He had a rough first year though so he still could be the worst on that list.
You are on this board and you have to ask why Frost is on the list? Lol.

So, DJ Durkin would have won by a landslide, but you said ones that matter. I think it's Fleck, but voted for Fitz because I think that he is overrated.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Lots of good coaches in the Big 10.

Has one of the few coaches in the nation that has won a national championship (Meyer)
Two coaches that have been head coaches in Super Bowls (Lovie and Harbaugh)
Coaches that have won at schools that put academics over football (Harbaugh-Stanford, Fitz-Northwestern, Franklin-Vandy)
Coaches that have gone undefeated in the regular season (Frost, Fleck, Meyer)
Also cool to see coaches coaching at their alma mater (Frost, Harbaugh, Fitz, Chryst)

Not to mention the Big 10 has completely transformed their reputation on the offensive side of the ball. Meyer, Frost, Brohm are all considered big time offensive guys. I would have put Joe Moorhead in that group as well but he's in the SEC now. But they have also maintained their tough nosed offensive identity with schools like Wisky, Michigan State and Michigan.

Really looking forward to voting for the Best Coach in the Big Ten where Urban and Franklin are left off the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT