ADVERTISEMENT

Worst coach in Nebraska’s history Poll - comments please

Who is the worst coach in Husker History since WW2

• Total voters

elvis1403

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 14, 2004
Honestly I didn’t even watch the game. I went back and checked the spread and then just felt like who cares does anyone care?

But who is the worst coach in husker
History

For one thing how many people on here were old enough when Jennings and Glassford Were Head Coaches?

Thankfully I don’t know who the hell they are - but in all fairness in the 1800’s were the coaches even paid ?

I hope that Mr. rodgers gives his salary back does the right thing

GBR

I would take having Solich, Pelini or Callahan being the head coach for the rest of my life over having Riley. At least Callahan's teams scored points when they were getting their asses kicked.

Reactions: elvis1403
Honestly I didn’t even watch the game. I went back and checked the spread and then just felt like who cares does anyone care?

But who is the worst coach in husker
History
Not the worst of all time - but definitely the worst in the modern era.

Just amazing how mentally fragile and physically soft this program has become. Makes me ill! Are we in the twilight zone or what?

Plenty plenty of Coaches only coached 2 years so if you go by three years or more percentage wise.

Jennings was 0.310/ 15-34-1 and was the worst Head Coach...

Riley at best will be 19-19 .500

Riley is the worst Head Coach we have has since Devaney walked the side lines.

Oh come on,in recent history ? Since the Bobfather ? Then the answer is a loud NO,at least Riley embraced Husker traction,Callahan took a big Dulce on it.So Callie gets my vote.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Thankfully I don’t know who the hell they are - but in all fairness in the 1800’s were the coaches even paid ?

I hope that Mr. rodgers gives his salary back does the right thing

GBR
We didn't play then,but look at the Steamrolled,we are the only team to bet the 4 horsemen,TWICE.THey also went undefeated and unscored upon.That is our history but nothing really matters since 2001,.

How anyone could vote for Pelini is just beyond ignorant. The poll wasn't about who you disliked the most. It was who is the worst coach.

Riley teams are lifeless....just like him.

Of that group Riley. Guy is a zombie on the sidelines, staff has no clue what they are doing and it appears most of the team is apathetic.

Worst in Husker history? No. Let's not get too over dramatic.

He and BC are a close call. Both had two losing seasons. BC's recruiting classes were rated higher, but Riley has brought in some really good skill position players. IMO, BC's nasty attitude towards the end makes it hard for me to not have him at the bottom of the list.

Some of the guys that coached before Devaney were probably pretty bad, but few if any posters on this board were alive to remember them.

But Mike Riley is easily the worst coach of any Nebraska coach that any of us remember. His team's literally do nothing well at all.

Some of the guys that coached before Devaney were probably pretty bad, but few if any posters on this board were alive to remember them.

But Mike Riley is easily the worst coach of any Nebraska coach that any of us remember. His team's literally do nothing well at all.

Thanks for making my point...

My father is 90 I could ask him. He'd be one that seen the BEST and the WORST.

He has told me that this is the softest Nebrska team he has ever seen.

Mike Riley has the 12th worst winning percentage as head football coach of Nebraska. Guys like Lewandowski, Bill Jennings, and Bill Glassford are worse. Bummy Booth and Jumbo Stiehm top the list, even better than Devaney and Osborne.

Biggest crime ever is that we let Jumbo Stiehm go because we didn't want to pay him some paltry little sum. He finished at least tied for the conference championship every single year he was at Nebraska. He wasn't as effective at Indiana, but ended up dying of stomach cancer eight years later.

Plenty plenty of Coaches only coached 2 years so if you go by three years or more percentage wise.

Geesh......even worse than Clownahan. Wow. SE is a terminal brain-dead moron. Thank God one is gone and the other gone very soon.

Damn, that almost sounds like Bob was a bad coach in your last sentence. :Cool:

Callahan and Pelini at least won a division. I'd prefer either over this crap. Solich is a better coach than all of them

Wait a damn minute here, few if any?:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT