ADVERTISEMENT

Worse sh!tshow: Miles or Riley?

Close one, but I'll have to go with Miles. When you've had 7 years to build a program and only accomplished 1 tournament & 1 NIT (both 1st round losses) appearances with the resources & support thrown at him, that's bad. Also a .397 conference winning percentage in the past 5 years (.411 overall) is pretty awful.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Miles. Miles has total control.

Riley was handed a total bag of crap (divided ADept, divided fan base, one of worst underclassman classes in country, medling boss, forced to hire Diaco, couldnt recruit Jucos, etc...)

Yeah riiiiiiiight......he took over a marginal Bo program that at least won 9 or 10 games for seven consecutive years......something Smiling Mike with his awesome Beaver-ball staff couldn't even comprehend.

Reactions: scarletred
Tim is Bo without the freak outs. Wins enough to almost get in the coversation, then his team poops its pants

Have no idea why you would think this..

TM is .0411 in wining pct in conference play, he hasn’t won enough and Pelini had a losing season over all or in conference play..

Gotta say Riley. Miles took a middling program and kept it middling. I don’t think he made it worse. I also think he had a plan, it was just a plan that failed.

Riley definitely made NU football worse. He turned NU into Oregon State in less than 3 years. At least Miles kept Nebraska, Nebraska.

Riley proved he was a 500 coach.

Miles made it to the Tournament previously.

Make of that what you will.

Have no idea why you would think this..

TM is .0411 in wining pct in conference play, he hasn’t won enough and Pelini had a losing season over all or in conference play..
Yes, if you look at winning percentage over time. Good point. My comparison really was about this year. Every time Tim's team got ranked, it got beat by someone that wasn't ranked. Same thing happened about every year of Bo's stay.

Nod to Mike Riley for being a con man. When he accepted his “one last shot”, he really never left Corvallis. Miles truly tried, but the dude just isn’t good.

I suppose someone could argue Smilin Mike really tried too. If that is true, he brought a whole new level of ineptitude to college football.

Miles can't coach. He can recruit a little. If you look at the guy, it's obvious he never played the game at a high level, and knows squaadoosh about teaching the sport to his players.

Bring somebody in who has played and understands basketball. Bring someone in who is young. Take a shot on someone new. I'm talking somebody who played and coached at the P5 level, or NBA.

The Basketball program has improved under Tim, just hasn't reached the heights, hoped for. Tim is also a very likable guy.

Riley was a .500 lifetime coach coming in and continued that history here at Nebraska. (Hip-Hip-Hooray)

Reactions: mmunso7
The Basketball program has improved under Tim, just hasn't reached the heights, hoped for. Tim is also a very likable guy.

Riley was a .500 lifetime coach coming in and continued that history here at Nebraska. (Hip-Hip-Hooray)
I think tim actually tried it just didn't work for him, where Riley he didn't care, when his wife doesn't even move to lincoln it should have been a tell tail sign his heart wasn't in it

Reactions: SoFL Husker
giphy.gif

Not an easy call.
Tough one. Both their last years were equally as bad. Can say both teams just gave up before the season was over. My vote is going to have to be Riley. Basketball has never been anything great. Miles just kept it that way. While football has had some down years. He took a good to average program and turned them into one of the worst teams in the country and one of the worst Neb has seen, in just a matter of 3 years. That takes some pretty horrible coaching to accomplish that.

Tim is Bo without the freak outs. Wins enough to almost get in the coversation, then his team poops its pants

Bo beat Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State. He won 9 games a lot.

Miles recruited ok but his coaching stinks, and he is about ready to head into the sewer with the way these guys execute on the basketball court.

Time to go.

I’m no Riley fan but at one point in 2016 we were 7-0 and ranked 7th in the country. I’ll tske that over anything Miles has done.

Not an easy call.
Well I'd say that Miles is worse only because his teams offered little bits of hope now and then that kept delaying the day of reckoning to get him fired. So his tenure has dragged on for far too long IMO. At least Riley had the "good" sense to be so bad so soon that we could give him the boot quickly without creating any controversy in doing so. It was clear cut right away that Riley was a huge mistake.

I’m no Riley fan but at one point in 2016 we were 7-0 and ranked 7th in the country. I’ll tske that over anything Miles has done.

Sounds just like Miles going 13-4 this year and being ranked in the top 25..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT